Amazon matches Target on $50 credit with Star Wars Kinect Bundle

I was just about to post this as I ordered one. I have some Amazon GC's and my X360's disc drive has been sucking lately. There's no more mention of the pre-order goodies but I hope they're still included.

Man that is tempting. Had this preordered forever and cancelled it last week. Thinking I can get this for $300-$350 at some point down the road. All these special editions drop eventually. I am in no rush.

What so special about this xbox 360 besides the star wars theme? This thing cost more than the original xbox 360 20GB which launched in 2005 (7 years ago).:lol:

^^
Its goes BEEP BOOP BEEP

I just bought a MW3 slim, if i would have remembered this I probably would got it and sold the kinect.

BTW I bet people are willing to pay like 80 for one of those gold controllers instead of waitiing for a retail release which will inevitably happen

Great, I tried cancelling mine this morning but it was too late as it was in the packing stage and it shipped this afternoon. I put Target GC as the reason for cancelling. I was not going to accept the shipment but I will now assuming I get the $50 credit. Thanks. Will update if I get the credit.

Update - I called Amazon and they said I would should receive the credit in two days. We also get the playable character for preordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want this so bad, but it just seems like a little too much to drop right now, especially when I have a relatively-fresh Halo Reach LE console I haven't used in months, not to mention a few other Xbox's I have just lying around the house. All signs tell me that there is no reason to get this, but DAMN, the Star Wars nerd in me is saying I really need to get it.

I honestly don't see getting a better deal on this unless you can catch it on clearance at Target or maybe another retailer like WM or BB a year or so down the road. Even if you could get it for 30% at Target, with tax figured in, it would still only be about $50-60 cheaper than this Amazon deal, considering no sales tax and the $50 credit. ...And that would be a big gamble to hope you can catch one on clearance.

Maybe I'll be totally wrong, but when you factor in the Star Wars theme along with it being a limited console, I really don't think these things are going to linger on store shelves forever, unless they make a crap ton of them.

The sick thing is, I basically have to get 2 if I get 1. It would be tough for me to not open this awesome console up and have it setup in the main living room, so I would have to get a second to keep sealed; it would be a cornerstone of my SW and video game collections.

I cancelled this two weeks ago.... and just re-ordered. I was able to sell my MW2 console for $250, and got the $50 giftcard also? sweet! Thanks.

.. that $50 gift card is payment for the horribleness that Star Was Kinect is, right?

My gf wants this, but can't justify another Xbox 360 console. If its still available for the Holidays, I'm biting. If not, well i guess I was unlucky.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Man that is tempting. Had this preordered forever and cancelled it last week. Thinking I can get this for $300-$350 at some point down the road. All these special editions drop eventually. I am in no rush.[/QUOTE]

That's the way I'm thinking also.

[quote name='sonicemerald']I cancelled this two weeks ago.... and just re-ordered. I was able to sell my MW2 console for $250, and got the $50 giftcard also? sweet! Thanks.

.. that $50 gift card is payment for the horribleness that Star Was Kinect is, right?[/QUOTE]

you sold a modern warfare 2 console for $250...what the buyer fucking high!

This is S T A R W A R S ! There's no comparison to Halo, COD, or any limited 360 console release as far as collectibility potential...no comparison.

I'm mostly interested in the R2D2 console. I wonder what those C3PO controllers will go for$$$. Those red wii controllers went for a pretty penny when that wii bundle came out. I think I can justify opening one up to use, by selling off the controller, game, my old slim, and kinect ... hmmm.

You are so right. If you look on Amazon, most of the special edition consoles seem to retain at least most of their MSRP value, if not more. I guess I could use the $50 credit towards my second console to keep sealed, and only be out $850 for two. Not to mention that I could probably bring myself to offload my Halo Reach LE console if I had this bad boy.

I think the console is $50 overpriced but hell of cool. I just hope I'm not going to kick myself in the ass if I see these on clearance soon. At least $50 sweetens the deal and I know it would get put to good use soon.

Here is something coming out later on this year I believe to keep your xbox company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4WLYevrixI

My cousin was gonna buy this since he's in the market for a 360... then he watched some gameplay footage of Kinect Star Wars and immediately changed his mind haha.

I think it's a decent deal. I don't get why the only included one controller.

who knew collecting consoles are the next fad...

That gold xbox controller look cool, but its not even real gold... so no deal for me..

Just more Chinese manufacture junk these days

[quote name='HaloSucks']who knew collecting consoles are the next fad...

That gold xbox controller look cool, but its not even real gold... so no deal for me..

Just more Chinese manufacture junk these days[/QUOTE]

yes, because real gold controllers are totally to be expected.

[quote name='sgaldis']You are so right. If you look on Amazon, most of the special edition consoles seem to retain at least most of their MSRP value, if not more. I guess I could use the $50 credit towards my second console to keep sealed, and only be out $850 for two. Not to mention that I could probably bring myself to offload my Halo Reach LE console if I had this bad boy.[/QUOTE]

Both the MW3 console and Gears 3 Consoles were $280 at Newegg just a few months after their release (MSRP was $399 IIRC) so that's not holiding value well.

Granted yes this is star wars but it's also $450. I don't think it's exactly over price but it's priced itself out of the range of casual gamers or collectors.

Think about that ... $450 for a SE console that is nearly at the end of this generations lifespan (1-2 years tops).

I wish I knew exactly how many of these were produced but to spend $450 if you plan on using it then you're spending at least $150 more then what you could be a similar but NON SE console with kinect or if you plan on collecting it you're dropping $450 on a console that will have a newer version out in just 1-2 years.

I know there will be value in collecting these but it is a hefty investment.

You guys might want to hold off on Star Wars Kinect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnDizZ7UT0

I'm pretty sure that's not an April Fool's joke either, considering it was posted March 29th... the dance names are really the worst part of it. Double Blaster, The Trash Compactor, The Speeder, and Chewie Hug?

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']You guys might want to hold off on Star Wars Kinect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnDizZ7UT0

I'm pretty sure that's not an April Fool's joke either, considering it was posted March 29th... the dance names are really the worst part of it. Double Blaster, The Trash Compactor, The Speeder, and Chewie Hug?[/QUOTE]

hahaah... if i pick this up I'll definitely have to play with the curtains closed and blinds drawn in my living room...

[quote name='GBAstar']hahaah... if i pick this up I'll definitely have to play with the curtains closed and blinds drawn in my living room...[/QUOTE]

AAAHH I just found another one, holy crap this is really terrible. Have fun folks. I'm really not sure which is worse, probably the one with Han and Lando because it's just so wrong, but yikes this is close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbO5S3Fv53Q

lol at one of the comments: "This is not the Star Wars you're looking for"

[quote name='confoosious']I'm missing the joke right? That Star Wars dancing is not real?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, it's all too real.

I'm not a staunch Star Wars purist but that is a fucking travesty.

I love a good lightsaber fight as much as the next guy (heh heh) but I'm not buying that game out of principle. fuck YOU GEORGE LUCAS AND WHOEVER IS THE fuckING DEVELOPER.

The system was just delivered to my mom's place. She said the guy just gave her the box and took off, didn't even have her sign for it. I told her that's strange since Amazon usually would have you sign for it and she said it was a no-brand carrier. I checked my invoice and it said the carrier is ONTRAC and it was signed by "fr. door."

She said it was the same delivery company that dropped off my other packages.

[quote name='confoosious']yes, because real gold controllers are totally to be expected.[/QUOTE]

Really?.... for that price I would expect a REAL ( at least gold plated ) controller..

[quote name='HaloSucks']Really?.... for that price I would expect a REAL ( at least gold plated ) controller..[/QUOTE]

You really are just delusional.

For someone who needs a 360 and a kinect and wants the SW game this is a great deal with the GC/Credit. Add to it the console looks awesome and it's an even better deal IMO. I really doubt these consoles are going to last long enough to be cheap on newegg, but I guess you never know.

[quote name='confoosious']You really are just delusional.[/QUOTE]

yea well there are plenty of more unflattering description of you....:applause:

But feel free to think a 320GB Xbox console that comes with ONE crontroller and white Kinect bar = $450 dollars
Sucka born everyday

Anybody actually thinking about this might want to read the reviews are online. The entire game is a nightmare. Just watch a few videos of people actually playing it. There's cursing involved.

[quote name='HaloSucks']yea well there are plenty of more unflattering description of you....:applause:

But feel free to think a 320GB Xbox console that comes with ONE crontroller and white Kinect bar = $450 dollars
Sucka born everyday[/QUOTE]

lol... your math is all wrong...

the xbox 250GB kinect bundle was 400. Star Wars Kinect is $50.

So for $450 it is just MSRP they are charging you, but you get an extra 70GB and a unique, cool looking console/controller. Then take away the $50 from the GC/Credit and you are essentially getting all that extra stuff for free.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol... your math is all wrong...

the xbox 250GB kinect bundle was 400. Star Wars Kinect is $50.

So for $450 it is just MSRP they are charging you, but you get an extra 70GB and a unique, cool looking console/controller. Then take away the $50 from the GC/Credit and you are essentially getting all that extra stuff for free.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm sure he'll try to tell you that carnival games is worth $50.

you should see dino88's signature.

----

If I could ditch the game for like $30, this deal would be really good. The R2D2 console styling is sweet.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']AAAHH I just found another one, holy crap this is really terrible. Have fun folks. I'm really not sure which is worse, probably the one with Han and Lando because it's just so wrong, but yikes this is close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbO5S3Fv53Q

lol at one of the comments: "This is not the Star Wars you're looking for"[/QUOTE]

Sweet Jesus, that is awful. If I buy one of these consoles, it will be secondhand so I am in no way responsible for funding this game.

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents w/ the "overpriced" crowd. Not that it's overpriced like the $30 Skylander single character packs, but compared to the $200 PS3 holiday bundles, or the $250 Xbox360 4GB Kinect bundles w/ $50 GC at Target last week - so $200 for Xbox360 plus Kinect and I'm sure you could buy an extra hard drive for less than $200. So yes, the SW fans will buy this, they'll buy anything, but I don't think it's a great deal for those just looking to get a "deal" on an Xbox360 Kinect bundle w/ a game. And I also think it won't sell well b/c of price and will be available soon cheaper. Like the PS3 display now $300 down from $500. And no I don't own an Xbox but am in the market for one. Almost pulled the trigger on that bundle last week, will keep an eye out for a big price drop on this one. Especially if MS announces the 720 at E3. (I know they aren't supposed to, but if they do this will have to drop.)

Watching videos on Youtube...Star Wars Kinect looks so damn boring. I'm once again disappointed by LucasArts...What a waste.

I'm a Star Wars purist...and while the dancing game is completely out of place, the Han Solo dance is still hilarious (someone deserves a pat on the back...but it should have been DLC to the main-game). The main game's gameplay looks pitifully slow, boring, unresponsive, and childish (not that flailing my arms in my room to a kids' game is mature).

I've been on and off the fence about this bundle for the better part of a year now...And the gameplay videos have pushed me even further from adding to George Lucas' wallet...Too bad, the R2D2 console would have been amazing.

fuck you George Lucas for ruining my childhood fad@!@

Tempted . . . but I'm near a Kmart in Northern VA that still has a Gears of War 3 360 and a MW3 Xbox, and I'm waiting for those to hit clearance. Also this game looks hilariously terrible.

Let me say Wow to those above me in the thread who have multiple 360s and are considering buying this one . . . that's pretty impressive guys. Wish I had that kind of cash to throw around.

[quote name='merchie89']you sold a modern warfare 2 console for $250...what the buyer fucking high![/QUOTE]

It's for a friends dad. I think I might drop it $50... I feel $250 is too overpriced. I just offered it and they accepted.

...what can you do?

I own the FF13, GoW3, and Halo Reach LE 360s and still am so tempted to get this. Such a sexy looking console..I guessbit depends on how much I can sell the white Kinect and game for..

How much do you guys think the kinect will go for?

bread's done
Back