Photo
- - - - -

$10/$20 Best Buy GC with Pre-Order of Max Payne 3 (Rewards Members)

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#121 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Well, I plan on picking it up Saturday/Sunday.
It depends what day my ship to store items come in.

#122 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

ummm ship to store for release day items are there on release arent they?
i thought they just pulled some out of regular inventory? thats what i thought anyway

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#123 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

So is it best to pick this up Sat or Sunday? How many days do you have to pick it up, a week or 5 days?

I wanna try to pm this and i know ads go live sunday, so sunday would be best but im too lazy to check how many days you have to pickup. Release day pickup wouldnt be the best for hoping to pm but whatev idk. can't believe me3 had $20 saved through pricematching less than a month. wish i didnt get c.e. lol.

I'll continue the discussion from the Kmart weekly ad thread as not to derail it with Best Buy talk.

The details of the program state that you'll have till the 21st to pick up the game and still be eligible for the $20 giftcard. So if you're looking to maximize the PM window you have you'd want to pick it up on the 21st. This lets you PM possible deals that don't pop up on Sunday or just gives you a little extra time if you can't PM on the Sunday of a new ad.

Just going by Sunday ad PM possibilities you'd want it by the 19th. If you pick it up by the 19th you'll have till June 17th to PM (for a 30 day window). If you have a 45 day window you can pick it up by the 18th and you'll have till July 1st to PM. I included the day you picked up the game in the PM window but if that is not how it works then just add a day.

To qualify for this offer, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club member, 17 or older, at time of game pickup or shipment. Game must be pre-ordered by 5/14/12. Purchase your pre-order as follows: (1) If you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 in-store or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up by 5/21/12; (2) if you pre-order the game for PC in-store or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up by 6/4/12; (3) if you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 online for ship to home, pre-order will be processed and shipped on or about 5/15/12; or (4) if you pre-order the game for PC online for ship to home, pre-order will be processed and shipped on or about 5/29/12. Please provide member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Qualified Reward Zone Gamers Club members will receive a $10 Best Buy gift card; qualified Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive a $20 Best Buy gift card. If you are not a member at time of pre-order, you must become a member by time of game pickup or shipment. If you join on the day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup. Limit one gift card per member. Offer valid in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com. Gift card will be sent to email address provided at time of pre-order. Gift cards are good for future purchases and subject to terms and conditions. No dealers. No rainchecks.

http://www.bestbuy.c...=1312731&loc=01

As for the number of days for pickup, Enuf stated that you have 5 days for games released on Tuesday and that's how it is for pre-orders. I'll admit, I don't have as much knowledge about Best Buy's policies as Enuf and I'm only going by what's stated on their website. But checking the Store Pickup policy, it states that you have 8 days. I couldn't find anything concerning pre-order pickups.

#124 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

Wonder if I can move all my Assassin's Creed III preorder credit to Max Payne 3 on Monday, then not pick the game up and get my credit back on a gift card instead.... Hmm.

I was told preorder credit can only be moved from preorder to preorder, but for a preorder that doesn't get picked up, one would assume it has to be able to be put on a gift card.

#125 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

I was told preorder credit can only be moved from preorder to preorder, but for a preorder that doesn't get picked up, one would assume it has to be able to be put on a gift card.

At BBY? If you preorder something, you can get that money back the same way it was used. Like if you used a giftcard they can put it back into a GC or if you use debit it will go back to your debit. If that is what you were thinking? Sorry, was a little confused by what you wrote.

#126 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

I think you should easily be able to come out ahead on this

60 for the game
20 gc
At least a $10 pm
Minimum $20 base with the 50%=30

rinse & repeat whenever there's a $20 or more credit deal @ BB just jump on it you can't lose even if you don't want the game. Buy it for $60+ tax, sell it on CL to another day 1 buyer for $50 cash sealed, keep the $20 credit & pm it to get another $20 or back. End result $70 cash + $20 credit for a game you spent $60+tax on. Then do it again & again you'll float credit/money for months & after a short time depending on your spending habits it'll all be credit that you'll turn into cash w/o having to buy kindle cards.

This doesn't even take into account the RZ points & how fast you can earn RZ silver status w/o really spending $2500.

So is it best to pick this up Sat or Sunday? How many days do you have to pick it up, a week or 5 days?

I wanna try to pm this and i know ads go live sunday, so sunday would be best but im too lazy to check how many days you have to pickup. Release day pickup wouldnt be the best for hoping to pm but whatev idk. can't believe me3 had $20 saved through pricematching less than a month. wish i didnt get c.e. lol.

I'll continue the discussion from the Kmart weekly ad thread as not to derail it with Best Buy talk.

The details of the program state that you'll have till the 21st to pick up the game and still be eligible for the $20 giftcard. So if you're looking to maximize the PM window you have you'd want to pick it up on the 21st. This lets you PM possible deals that don't pop up on Sunday or just gives you a little extra time if you can't PM on the Sunday of a new ad.

Just going by Sunday ad PM possibilities you'd want it by the 19th. If you pick it up by the 19th you'll have till June 17th to PM (for a 30 day window). If you have a 45 day window you can pick it up by the 18th and you'll have till July 1st to PM. I included the day you picked up the game in the PM window but if that is not how it works then just add a day.

As for the number of days for pickup, Enuf stated that you have 5 days for games released on Tuesday and that's how it is for pre-orders. I'll admit, I don't have as much knowledge about Best Buy's policies as Enuf and I'm only going by what's stated on their website. But checking the Store Pickup policy, it states that you have 8 days. I couldn't find anything concerning pre-order pickups.

I can only go buy the previous BB pre-order deals that are done in-store NOT in-store p/u. You have to pre-order by the Monday before the game comes out & get the game by the end of the release week which is Sat. but it looks like for in-store p/u you have more time. With the 45 day price match window it doesn't matter that much either way since it's not going to extend into another week of sales.
5/19 p/u means you'll have the week of 7/1(Sun) ads as you last ones to match & 7/3 is the 45th day(tues) so you'd need 5 more days after the 19th to get another week of ads to match.

#127 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

Wonder if I can move all my Assassin's Creed III preorder credit to Max Payne 3 on Monday, then not pick the game up and get my credit back on a gift card instead.... Hmm.

you can get a refund for a pre-order at any time & they'd refund it the same way you purchased it. But for cash over 30/45 days the system is tricky so a giftcard maybe offered since it's usually just $5 for a pre-order.

#128 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

I can only go buy the previous BB pre-order deals that are done in-store NOT in-store p/u. You have to pre-order by the Monday before the game comes out & get the game by the end of the release week which is Sat. but it looks like for in-store p/u you have more time. With the 45 day price match window it doesn't matter that much either way since it's not going to extend into another week of sales.
5/19 p/u means you'll have the week of 7/1 ads as you last ones to match & 7/3 is the 45th day(tues) so you'd need 5 more days after the 19th to get another week of ads to match.

See there's my confusion. Are you going to the store to get the game shipped to your house? That's the only way I see how you can pre-order the game and not pick it up in store.

*edit
Better question, which of these instances are you making your statements under?

Q3: What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
A3: If you are an eligible Reward Zone Gamers Club member, pre-order your copy of Max Payne 3 in either the standard version or Special Edition for PS3, Xbox 360 or PC by May 14, 2012. Then purchase your pre-order as shown below:
•If you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 in store, or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up your pre-order by May 21, 2012.
•If you pre-order the game for PC in store, or online for In-Store Pick Up, purchase and pick up your pre-order by June 4, 2012.
•If you pre-order the game for PS3 or Xbox 360 online for ship to home, your pre-order will be processed and shipped on or around May 15, 2012.
•If you pre-order the game for PC online for ship to home, your pre-order will be processed and shipped on or around May 29, 2012.
Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, your Best Buy Gift Card will be sent via e-mail to you within 30 days of game pickup or shipment.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat270500050000

#129 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

I think on your preorder receipt it says pivk up within 5 days but the gc thing says by the 21st

#130 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

I think on your preorder receipt it says pivk up within 5 days but the gc thing says by the 21st

Ok, I get it now. Although you might be asking for a headache, couldn't you not pick it up by the 19th and instead pick it up on the 20th/21st and point them to the FAQ?

#131 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Im thinking of going on the 20th so I can pm gamestop if they happen to have it that june 20th

#132 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

If I preorder how long will it take to receive the 20 dollar gift card? Would I receive it when I pick up the game and pay for it?

#133 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

If I preorder how long will it take to receive the 20 dollar gift card? Would I receive it when I pick up the game and pay for it?

Q5: How and when will I receive my Best Buy Gift Card?
A5: If you qualify for this offer, you will receive your Best Buy Gift Card within 30 days of game pickup or shipment at the e-mail address you provided at the time of pre-order.

#134 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

See there's my confusion. Are you going to the store to get the game shipped to your house? That's the only way I see how you can pre-order the game and not pick it up in store.

*edit
Better question, which of these instances are you making your statements under?

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat270500050000

Ok, I get it now. Although you might be asking for a headache, couldn't you not pick it up by the 19th and instead pick it up on the 20th/21st and point them to the FAQ?

That one day may cause more than a headache especially if it results in 2-3 months wait on your $20 gc. It's just not worth the risk since you'd need another 5 more days to extend to another weeks sales if silver.

BB can already be messy I wouldn't give them a real reason to be not when they'll have your $ in the balance.

Also, if you pre-order online it's considered an online purchase EVEN if done for in-store p/u. I did my pre-order in-store @ the kiosk so it needs to be p/u'd by Sat. for me.

#135 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'm picking up my copy on release day, not sure if it is worth the headache of not getting the gift card by letting it sit there for a week to hope I can extend my chances of getting a PM that might or might not happen.

#136 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

I'm picking up my copy on release day, not sure if it is worth the headache of not getting the gift card by letting it sit there for a week to hope I can extend my chances of getting a PM that might or might not happen.

you don't have to bring back the game sealed do you? or at all?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#137 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

you don't have to bring back the game sealed do you? or at all?

I think he means sit in BBY, waiting to be picked up by him.

I exchanged my pre-order to a different location so I hope that doesn't F things up...

#138 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

I have PMed stuff at BB without bringing in the item, just the receipt itself.

Edit: Yeah what chaoslaw said. :)

#139 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

I was reading said I must pre-order by 5/14? So I can't walk in the store tomorrow and qualify for the $20 gc to be honest I had no interest in this game. If that is so I can just pre order tonight online pay in full and pick up Saturday. Roommate wanted to play it thought might as well pick it up if I can still get that gc.

basically does by 5/14 mean I need to have it done by today or can I walk in tomorrow and still do it?

Edited by kiwimonster, 14 May 2012 - 04:49 AM.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#140 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

^ just preorder online for instore pickup. the $20 offer should still be listed on the product page

#141 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

I was reading said I must pre-order by 5/14? So I can't walk in the store tomorrow and qualify for the $20 gc to be honest I had no interest in this game. If that is so I can just pre order tonight online pay in full and pick up Saturday. Roommate wanted to play it thought might as well pick it up if I can still get that gc.

basically does by 5/14 mean I need to have it done by today or can I walk in tomorrow and still do it?

You need to preorder it before release so you have till Monday closing. To get the giftcard you need to pick it up before a certain date (which gives you like a good 2 weeks or so). You get the gift card at a later date (not right away) so you should be good if you preorder Monday and pick it up Saturday.

#142 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

^ just preorder online for instore pickup. the $20 offer should still be listed on the product page

meh just tried store pick up is greyed out just did it standard shipping for free. I will still have 45 days to price match so I am good to go and with the $20 gc.

#143 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

I think I was able to do instore pickup the day before a game came out before (Monday evening).

I also see that the dlc is shown on the page (digtal code sent in June). My preorder does NOT have the item. This is going to be another nightmare with BB...

#144 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

I think I was able to do instore pickup the day before a game came out before (Monday evening).

I also see that the dlc is shown on the page (digtal code sent in June). My preorder does NOT have the item. This is going to be another nightmare with BB...

Yeah I was just unsure about the $20 gc because in there FAQ it says pre-order by 5/14 which means today is the last day to qualify it seems. Just crappy I can't do instore pickup on the item when I know they will have it in stock.

#145 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Yeah I was just unsure about the $20 gc because in there FAQ it says pre-order by 5/14 which means today is the last day to qualify it seems. Just crappy I can't do instore pickup on the item when I know they will have it in stock.

You can call BB CS for online orders and have them change your order for in-store pickup. I had the same issue today preordering online so I just called them up and I received an order update email confirming the same order I just placed today was changed to in-store pickup.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#146 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

When they say pre-order by 5/14 it means you have until the end of Monday in order to qualify.
So people can still walk in tomorrow, pre-order and still qualify for the $20/$10 GC.

#147 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

When they say pre-order by 5/14 it means you have until the end of Monday in order to qualify.
So people can still walk in tomorrow, pre-order and still qualify for the $20/$10 GC.

Sweet thanks iduncurr for clarifying, I will pass by after work and preorder my goal was to wait till the 19th to pick it up to maximize my pm window. I'll just cancel this one tonight or call CS tomorrow no big deal.

#148 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Just changed my order to store pickup. Thanks for the info.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#149 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...-payne-3-review

Anybody who was unsure about getting this heres a video review. Game looks amazing

#150 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...-payne-3-review

Anybody who was unsure about getting this heres a video review. Game looks amazing

I value GT's reviews and they game MP3 a very average 7.6. Lot's of flaws and issues, particularly with the story mode. May have to wait on this one to drop in price. Tough decision, as I can get the $20 GC...just don't know if this game is worth it.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg