PS Vita games worth playing?

[quote name='Nukkus']Stay clear of little deviants, it's pretty meh.[/QUOTE]

This is an understatement. Little Deviants is like the end result of a meeting where the developers brainstormed all the most annoying ways to make use of the Vita hardware and then used every one of those ideas in the final product.

I believe Motorstorm R/C is still free on PSN and seems fun enough from the little that I played. Another nice thing is that there are a number of Vita demos on PSN so you can try out most of the notable titles. Katamari looks good to me, but I haven't had a chance to check it out.

(Oh right, it's called SEN now. Whatever...)

[quote name='ryuk1214']Rayman Origins is great if you haven't played it yet. Too bad no multiplayer though.[/QUOTE]

Is it dfferent than the console version? I enjoy the 360 version, but it it's redundant, I'd rather pass.

[quote name='Nukkus']Uncharted is amazing, as is Wipeout. stay clear of little deviants, it's pretty meh.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if Wipeout would be my thing. Uncharted is probably a lock, as I liked one and am close to finishing 2. I've heard that the touch screen stuff is shoehorned in. Is that the case?

I almost bought little deviants despite the meh reviews on metacritic. Glad i didn't now!

WipEout 2048 is awesome. The load times are slightly annoying since this is a handheld game, but it's not too bad. Zone mode is amazing. If you enjoy racers and don't mind crashing into walls in the beginning, it's easily the best racer on the system.

Other than that, I'd say go for Hot Shots Golf World Invitational. The load times are quick and there's a lot of content. You can dress up your characters and avatars. With daily tournaments, it's fun to see how you rank across the internet.

BlazBlue CSEX is pretty good as well. The sprites looks really good in this resolution. It's nice to be able to play the previous DLC characters in story and arcade mode, along with Relius. I find BB easier to get into than UMvC3.

[quote name='Derfel'](Oh right, it's called SEN now. Whatever...)[/QUOTE]
It's still PlayStation Network. It's just that SEN now includes PSN.

Ah yes, I see. I suppose I should've paid more attention to that whole thing. Thanks for clarifying!

[quote name='Mr.']It's still PlayStation Network. It's just that SEN now includes PSN.[/QUOTE]

Hot Shots isn't something i would have considered since I'm not much of a golf person, but I remember playing on an earlier system. It's a light, casual golf game, right?

For now I filled my memory card with demos for UC, Lumines, unit 13 and bought Mutant Attack and Escape Plan. If there is a demo for Hot Shots, that'll be the next one.

Also, it's not game related, but the PS store has the first 2 episodes of season 2 of "The killing" for free. I can see getting hooked on buying videos on my vita, especially since I (think) I can also put them on my ps3. Much better platform than my ipad.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Hot Shots isn't something i would have considered since I'm not much of a golf person, but I remember playing on an earlier system. It's a light, casual golf game, right?[/QUOTE] Besides a few visits to the driving range to some embarrassing results, I'm not much of a golf person either. This is basically Mario Golf (without the RPG mode from the GB versions) since the original HSG was developed by Camelot. Clap Hanz is still doing a pretty good job following in their footsteps. The game is fun and casual... until you hit the Pro rank which is about the mid-point of the challenges. It gets difficult and you will have to study your shots. This game is still the most handheld-friendly game on the system for me. It's easy to pick up and play.

How is the Killing? I keep seeing commercials for it during Mad Men. Too bad it occupies the same time slot as Game of Thrones.

Motorstorm RC is really fun.
Uncharted wasn't all that great. I really hated the moments they force touch and tilt control while you are moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr.']Besides a few visits to the driving range to some embarrassing results, I'm not much of a golf person either. This is basically Mario Golf (without the RPG mode from the GB versions) since the original HSG was developed by Camelot. Clap Hanz is still doing a pretty good job following in their footsteps. The game is fun and casual... until you hit the Pro rank which is about the mid-point of the challenges. It gets difficult and you will have to study your shots. This game is still the most handheld-friendly game on the system for me. It's easy to pick up and play.

How is the Killing? I keep seeing commercials for it during Mad Men. Too bad it occupies the same time slot as Game of Thrones.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting more time to delve into demos, but Hot Shots might be at the top of my list. Unit 13 is cool but the controls aren't quite there, and uncharted has too many red flags.

I downloaded season 1 of The Killing last summer without knowing anything about it and I really enjoyed it. It's a well done whodunit crime drama, in the same vein as those 48 hr cold case shows, except fictionalized and longer. People HATED the season finale, but presumably with season 2 here now, it's not so painful without the wait for follow up. If you can get season 1 for cheap, it's worth checking out.

[quote name='retro.elite']Motorstorm AC is really fun.
Uncharted wasn't all that great. I really hated the moments they force touch and tilt control while you are moving.[/QUOTE]

I played a bit of it last night and was really impressed with how much quality there was for a FREE game. All in all Sony has really stepped up their game from a digital standpoint. i hope (but won't be surprised if they don't) continue to provide download versions of all the retail releases. One thing they really should do is promote the free vita games better, since they can't do any pack in games. I'm sure there are less savvy gamers that buy the Vita and get upset because there is nothing "in the box" to play. Motorstorm is pretty much that pack in title.

Haven't bought any retail games yet, but I just finished Mutant Blon Attack. This is a fantastic game that I'd reccomend for anyone with a Vita 8.99 is a steal for this funny and challenging puzzle/platformer.

bread's done
Back