Photo
- - - - -

Devil May Cry HD Collection $38.XX with Free Shipping (PS3 and XB360)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

http://www.amazon.co...33484392&sr=8-1

Just posting this because I want to make you aware this just came out today :) (and also because it $1 off so technically it's a deal.)

Posted Image

#2 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Good find! Tempting, as I hear these are great remakes.

#3 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yeah 2 great games in that collection.

536739.png

#4 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

The porting is flawless. This HD Collection is totally a must have. I've got the 360 version, but I've heard PS3 players echo the same sentiment. Totally worth the price.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#5 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

why does the ps3 version's box art look like ass?
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#6 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yeah 2 great games in that collection.

I c u what did thar

#7 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Capcom NA was super lazy and copied the cover of the European "Classics HD" branding.

#8 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Getting this today. Love DMC and the port looks fine. Aside from 4:3 menus and few prerendered cutscenes that didnt get a touch up. o well wat r u gunna do? Gameplay is where its at!

#9 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

4-5% off, basically the quick picks discount which isn't bad if you want it right now. I haven't touched my MGS or Sly Collections yet so I'll wait but thanks for tempting me again.

#10 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

http://www.amazon.co...33484392&sr=8-1

Just posting this because I want to make you aware this just came out today :) (and also because it $1 off so technically it's a deal.)

This came out last week :lol:

#11 Dansgaming

Dansgaming

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

No... this came out today

#12 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

No... this came out today

Officially yes but street date was broke last week by many retailers.

#13 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

It was released early by a few retailers, like Gamestop.

The PS3 version is apparently worse than the 360 version, oddly. That's based on user reviews I've seen, so take it with a good-sized grain of salt. I have no preference for either console, except that I do prefer the PS3 controller. I try to study up on which platform is the optimal console platform for any given game. Bayonetta was definitely better on the 360, Spider-man 3 was definitely better on the PS3.

I'm probably gonna wait until I can get this for $30 or less.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#14 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

It was released early by a few retailers, like Gamestop.

The PS3 version is apparently worse than the 360 version, oddly. That's based on user reviews I've seen, so take it with a good-sized grain of salt. I have no preference for either console, except that I do prefer the PS3 controller. I try to study up on which platform is the optimal console platform for any given game. Bayonetta was definitely better on the 360, Spider-man 3 was definitely better on the PS3.

The only issue I've ever seen from reading numerous reviews are issues with old CRTs... one person complained about the audio desyncing. Otherwise, both the PS3 and 360 ports are pretty much perfect.

#15 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Same here...
Posted Image

#16 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

The only issue I've ever seen from reading numerous reviews are issues with old CRTs... one person complained about the audio desyncing. Otherwise, both the PS3 and 360 ports are pretty much perfect.

I had to review the ps3 version and the graphical issues killed it for me. Most of the cutscenes/menus are in 4:3, quite a few textures in dmc1 look like ass, the letterbox formatting in Lucia may cry doesn't even cover the whole bottom of the screen, etc. Also, the game just doesn't look right converted to 16:9 since all of the characters get that taller/slimmer effect going on.

It's my least favorite of the hd collections out so far because of the rush job, but at least the game still plays damn good

#17 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I bought this last wed bro

TC is a week late
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#18 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

I bought this last wed bro

TC is a week late

But it cost $1 more back then. Now is the time to buy for those waiting for a great deal!!!

#19 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

I had to review the ps3 version and the graphical issues killed it for me. Most of the cutscenes/menus are in 4:3, quite a few textures in dmc1 look like ass, the letterbox formatting in Lucia may cry doesn't even cover the whole bottom of the screen, etc. Also, the game just doesn't look right converted to 16:9 since all of the characters get that taller/slimmer effect going on.

It's my least favorite of the hd collections out so far because of the rush job, but at least the game still plays damn good

Those aren't graphical glitches or bugs. DMC1 textures look like ass? How many of these HD collections redo the texture work? The answer is none. DMC1 came out in 2001... the fact that it looks good at all is a testament to how classic the game is. I can't speak for DMC2, but quite frankly, you should not be evaluating the merits of this collection based on that game. It was essentially included as a "freebie." I mean, it should be taken into account for a final review, but ultimately I don't think it should influence anybody.

The 4:3 menus, I can understand, but... they're just menus. I mean, really. And the majority of cutscenes are in-game, and 16:9, not 4:3. The pre-rendered cutscenes are unfortunately 4:3, but that simply can't be changed without completely remaking the FMVs, which is impractical.

Also, you are aware that they didn't stretch the image to 16:9, they actually expanded the view to widescreen, right? There is no taller/slimmer effect in either DMC1 or DMC3 (again, can't speak on DMC2, but I'd wager the same thing in that one). I don't mean to be rude, but if you were reviewing the HD collection for a site, I hope that you would acknowledge these differences from actual glitches... and in the case of ratio, you're flat out wrong.

If this is your least favorite collection, then you clearly didn't play the Silent Hill Collection, or the RE4 HD release.

#20 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

The cover that was released when rumors first started popping up looked so much better than what they came up with

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Are the old ones better than DMC4 cause I found that game boring

#22 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yes they are better

#23 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Those aren't graphical glitches or bugs. DMC1 textures look like ass? How many of these HD collections redo the texture work? The answer is none. DMC1 came out in 2001... the fact that it looks good at all is a testament to how classic the game is. I can't speak for DMC2, but quite frankly, you should not be evaluating the merits of this collection based on that game. It was essentially included as a "freebie." I mean, it should be taken into account for a final review, but ultimately I don't think it should influence anybody.

The 4:3 menus, I can understand, but... they're just menus. I mean, really. And the majority of cutscenes are in-game, and 16:9, not 4:3. The pre-rendered cutscenes are unfortunately 4:3, but that simply can't be changed without completely remaking the FMVs, which is impractical.

Also, you are aware that they didn't stretch the image to 16:9, they actually expanded the view to widescreen, right? There is no taller/slimmer effect in either DMC1 or DMC3 (again, can't speak on DMC2, but I'd wager the same thing in that one). I don't mean to be rude, but if you were reviewing the HD collection for a site, I hope that you would acknowledge these differences from actual glitches... and in the case of ratio, you're flat out wrong.

If this is your least favorite collection, then you clearly didn't play the Silent Hill Collection, or the RE4 HD release.

Taken from Capcom's press releases: "Upgraded visuals – Experience the stylish gothic action that the series is best known for in stunning HD, with updated textures and widescreen support"

I'm entitled to wanting a remaster to touch up the things that stick out the most. With so many of the pre-rendered cutscenes and menus just looking out of place, I had to wonder if Foundation 9 gave up part way.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series and didn't mind paying $40. I just wish that the collection transitioned better. The updated controls in DMC1 alone would've been enough for me to buy the game.
Posted Image

#24 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Those aren't graphical glitches or bugs. DMC1 textures look like ass? How many of these HD collections redo the texture work? The answer is none.

Um, the first of these collections, GoW did just that. Sly Cooper, MGS also had redone textures. Several others have as well
Posted Image

#25 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Yep. DMC3 is one of the greatest actions games ever made.

Taken from Capcom's press releases: "Upgraded visuals – Experience the stylish gothic action that the series is best known for in stunning HD, with updated textures and widescreen support"

I'm entitled to wanting a remaster to touch up the things that stick out the most. With so many of the pre-rendered cutscenes and menus just looking out of place, I had to wonder if Foundation 9 gave up part way.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series and didn't mind paying $40. I just wish that the collection transitioned better. The updated controls in DMC1 alone would've been enough for me to buy the game.

I think there was just a practical element to it. All of the other HD releases that I've seen only have in-game cutscenes (MGS, ICO, RE4, GoW) or had originally letterbox FMVs anyway (so they could really just be blown up). They could have done something with the menus, I'll agree. The FMVs are a lost cause. Sure, they could have done more.

I just have to take a look at the Silent Hill HD collection to see how badly things could have gone with this port. It's solid. It's not MGS or GoW quality, but it's solid nonetheless.

Um, the first of these collections, GoW did just that. Sly Cooper, MGS also had redone textures. Several others have as well

You're right. I misspoke. God of War did touch up the texturework, but they didn't completely redo it. God of War already had impressive textures to begin with. DMC1 didn't really have that luxury for a lot of backgrounds and other effects (otherwise not noticeable on a SD TV). The textures for the DMC Collection are retouched, and they added some AA.

Edited by GuardianE, 04 April 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#26 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Price is 39.96 now. This "deal" is dead.

#27 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

I was originally under the impression that the game had been stretched for 16:9 displays based on what I had been told. Having taken the time to make the comparisons myself it is clearly as GuardianE says: the game properly implements widescreen without any issue.

#28 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

This did come out last week because Capcom released it early. I believe it was posted on the US PS Blog, last week, too.

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#29 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

I sold my copies on PS2 to grab this, but not in any hurry. In CAG fashion... $20 or less! *sits and waits*

Thanks for the post, though, OP. People should really play these games. I played them all pretty near Day One.

Yes, I even pre-ordered DMC2 and played it all (pretty much in 2 days) and then returned it. It sucks.
Posted Image

#30 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

is it possible for a HD collection to get GOTY? oh mai got