Photo
- - - - -

Rock Band Blitz - PSN - August 28th - $14.99 - Compatible W/All RB3 Songs!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Giant Bomb's Quick Look attempts to explain the game, but there's a lot to it.

http://blog.us.plays...o-psn-tomorrow/

The PS Blog post about the game with a launch trailer:

There’s a moment during game development when you have to let go of your game and release it to the world. You’re sitting in your office, thinking about all of the choices you made, wondering whether people will find it fun, engaging, beautiful, scary, funny. Is your vision going to be realized? And then you take a deep breath and let it go.

How do I know? I’m the Project Director for Rock Band Blitz, and for me that moment came about two months ago. I guided the development of the game over the course of the last year. The creative, smart, talented team that made Rock Band Blitz can’t wait for you to play the game on your console and see, at long last, the result of all of our hard work.

Rock Band Blitz is a downloadable PlayStation Network game. It’s the latest entry in the Rock Band family, and rather than using plastic instruments you play with a standard DualShock 3 controller. At its core, it’s still a rhythm beat-match game: you smash notes in time with the music. But in contrast to the full band experience of traditional Rock Band titles, Blitz is fast-paced — with over-the-top visuals and a wide range of crazy Power-ups that you can use strategically to increase your score.

For only $14.99, we’re shipping Rock Band Blitz with 25 tracks. That alone is a great value, with hours of gameplay right out of the digital box. Even sweeter, the game lets you play all of the music in your Rock Band Music Library – including songs you were able to export from previous Rock Band games and songs downloaded from the Music Store – in an entirely new way. And if you’re a fan of the full-instrument experience, the 25 songs that come with Rock Band Blitz can be played with a full band in Rock Band 3 at no additional cost!

Over the past week here at Harmonix, we’ve been running a company-wide Rock Band Blitz tournament, and it’s obvious that all of those tough game design choices are starting to pay off. We’re seeing employees tweeting about how they can’t stop playing, even though it’s 2:00AM on a weekday. They’re challenging each other to asynchronous Score Wars, and talking friendly smack to one another over who has the top spot on leaderboards for their favorite songs. Lunch conversation is now dominated by folks whispering strategy secrets to one another as they exchange their favorite Power-up loadouts for specific songs.

They liked it! They really, really liked it! (Hey, I’m as insecure as the next guy…) Some of the common themes I head last week:

The game looks simple to play, and it is. You can pick it up and bang out a song, and starting having fun in minutes. But what looks simple on the surface is, in fact, deceptively deep and strategic. There are multiple “AHA!” moments as you learn to effectively use the different Power-ups, then combine them in different ways to use on different song types, and finally apply all that knowledge moment-to-moment as you play through the songs. I’d suggest starting with Blast Notes and Bottle Rockets as you’re learning to play; they’re easy to use, but super effective… and they make stuff blow up!

Rock Band Blitz is instantly compatible with every Rock Band DLC track, giving people huge libraries of music to choose from. Getting those tracks to work in Rock Band Blitz is simple: you don’t have to do anything – any Rock Band music content you have on your hard drive will show up in the song list at no additional charge.

Rock Band Blitz sounds absolutely killer on headphones, like the official wireless PS3 Stereo Headset. You’ll be hopping around tracks and playing all the instrument parts, but we accentuate the track that you’re playing on, so you can groove along to your music like never before. Settle in to your armchair, strap on your headphones, and lose yourself in the music and the world of Rock Band Blitz’s “Rock City.”

We really hope you give the game a shot when it hits PlayStation Network tomorrow. There will be a free trial available, so you’ve got nothing to lose trying it out. But fair warning: we’re hearing people are getting addicted, so get a good night’s sleep before the game’s launch.

The Rock Band Blitz team here at Harmonix is really proud of the final game; we hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Let us know what you think!

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#32 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Bumping this up since it's out now. It's a bit of an overwhelming experience upfront since it's faster than I expected.

#33 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Holy hell this game hurts my hands worse than playing the plastic guitar!!! I'm not sure of my controller can take the abuse either!!!

With 900+ rock band songs in my library i had to pick this up.

Add me for challenges or what not

#34 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

Definitely different but much easier than amplitude. A must own for anyone who has a rockband music collection.

#35 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

If you want to get more out of this, check out the Rock Band World FB app that has goals that you can complete within Blitz for extra coins to spend on power-ups and such. The GB guys were pretty spot on in likening it to the Giant Bomb quest system in that it'll give you a goal that's more than just "Earn X Stars on Y Genre Songs".

http://apps.facebook...ock-band-world/

Also, if you don't have much in the way of DLC songs, there are a number of free songs you can grab:

Rock Band Free Pack 01
"Charlene (I'm Right Behind You" by Stephen and the Colberts
"Dreaming of Love" by Lights Resolve
"Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
"Promised Land" by Vesuvius
"Still Alive" by Glados

#36 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

After trying out the demo.. this game is exactly what I imagined: a dumbed-down version of Frequency. :(

If they'd kept it at three buttons, I would have loved this game (since I have a lot of old Rock Band DLC to play with), but slapping two buttons back and forth throughout the entire game feels absolutely ridiculous.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#37 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

After trying out the demo.. this game is exactly what I imagined: a dumbed-down version of Frequency. :(

If they'd kept it at three buttons, I would have loved this game (since I have a lot of old Rock Band DLC to play with), but slapping two buttons back and forth throughout the entire game feels absolutely ridiculous.

I was thinking about getting this but only 2 buttons sounds wack. Hopefully goes on sale eventually because I'd still get it.

#38 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

http://www.rockband....ad.php?t=231621

Harmonix has made some changes to the way coins are spent and earned:

We’ve been monitoring all the feedback we’ve gotten since the launch of Rock Band Blitz (via Forums/Twitter/Facebook/etc) and, based on that, we’re making some tweaks to our coin economy in the game today.

Here’s what’s new:

Cost of Power-ups:

• Overdrive Power-ups: 250 coins per use
  • Note Power-ups: 200 coins per use.
  • Track Power-ups: 100 coins per use.
  • (note: it now only costs 550 coins for a full Power-up loadout!)
Song Performance Coin Rewards:
  • At the end of a song, you now get 100 Coins per Star across the board.
Score Wars:
  • Winners of Score Wars will now be receiving 1500 coins at completion.
  • Losers of Score Wars will now be receiving 500 coins at completion.
I, of course, would be remiss for not again mentioning Rock Band World as a great (and even fun!) option for earning even more coins for use in Rock Band Blitz. But, we of course understand that some folks don't want to use Facebook, so these tweaks should help make those players out.

Note that this won’t require a patch or anything, as we’re able to make these changes server-side. We’ll continue to keep an eye on your feedback in the coming days and weeks, so let us know what you think!

#39 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

MOST DLC 50% off!

http://www.rockband....saleGraphic.pdf

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#40 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

http://apps.facebook...ock-band-world/

If you play Rock Band Blitz and use the Rock Band World app on Facebook, there's a Free DLC Code Challenge Goal for earning 30 stars playing songs from the RBB soundtrack that can earn you a code for some DLC if you're one of the first 500 to earn it on PSN.

Here's the list of all of the songs that will be on sale for the Rock Band sale starting today (sorted by price):

Spoiler

Singles - $0.99 each
Spoiler

#41 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just did the challenge earlier today and got my code ($2 PSN), so I guess I'll pick up a couple of those sale songs tonight.