Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

• Please log in to reply
2421 replies to this topic

#1471 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Got R3 and Rage will wait on Halo Ann. maybe until under $14.99.

#1472 YouGonnaEatThat

YouGonnaEatThat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

Grabbed Rage:360: Thanks!

#1473 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Resistance 3 for me...

#1474 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Resistance 3 - Missed it last time - Forgot how great the cover is for that game.

http://ollymoss.com/...es/resistance-3

It's a reversible cover (like SotC/Ico) if you people into that stuff like that.

Thanks Cheapy!

#1475 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Tempted by R3 for $14.99. Never played the series, though. Worth it at this price to jump in?
Posted Image

#1476 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Yes. If you purchase it used anywhere else, you will have to pay an additional $10 for the online pass alone. The game is a triple AAA title from Sony's internal team. It has quality plenty in spades.

Tempted by R3 for $14.99. Never played the series, though. Worth it at this price to jump in?

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#1477 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

I just picked up Resistance 1 and 2 for $5 apiece on craigslist and just picked up R3 now, and I've played all three before mind you. It's a good series. Under-rated imo. R3 is a little different than the other 2 as the protagonist is entirely new, but great art direction and fun weaponry...a little buggy though and the ending will let you down. Hope that helps.

#1478 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

Does Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary include the map codes?

#1479 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

Does Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary include the map codes?

Yes

#1480 Firecrest

Firecrest

BOOMSHALAKALAKA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

In for R3, only because I'm one of those people who find it necessary to own every game in a series when I already own the others. O_o

fs_overall.png

#1481 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:33 AM

Damn Gamefly, Cathrine, Deus Ex and now Resistance 3... my backlog is already huge

#1482 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

I also see Driver:SF xbox 360 - $12.99
http://www.gamefly.c...ancisco/144360/

#1483 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Did you try adding extra 4 digits to zip code? I hate those.

Chips? Minor cosmetic on outer surface, never heard of it making a game unplayable unless you are talking about scratches, cracks, or Xbox games. Also gamefly cases/manuals/DLC codes come unused and you can ask for a replacement case if case broke during shipping, no extra charge.

When it "auto-corrected" my address it added the extra 4 digits, so I tried it both ways to no avail. Upon further discussion with support they reviewed it and admitted that I did put my billing information in correctly, but that they don't know why it didn't work.

Now they're forcing me to call them because credit card info needs to be discussed, but since the offer is now over I said that if they can confirm that I'll still get the advertised price and that they won't send me a chipped disc, I'll call them.

I don't care if chips don't affect gameplay; I don't want to pay for a damaged disc, period.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1484 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

When it "auto-corrected" my address it added the extra 4 digits, so I tried it both ways to no avail. Upon further discussion with support they reviewed it and admitted that I did put my billing information in correctly, but that they don't know why it didn't work.

Now they're forcing me to call them because credit card info needs to be discussed, but since the offer is now over I said that if they can confirm that I'll still get the advertised price and that they won't send me a chipped disc, I'll call them.

I don't care if chips don't affect gameplay; I don't want to pay for a damaged disc, period.

Maybe you should buy new games... with cash...

#1485 PopCall

PopCall

Proud Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

Every gamely disc I've ever bought was chiptacular. I know that isn't a shared experience by the mixed accounts I read here every time their sales come up. But it's my experience, and I don't mind used games, but I've never seen condition like that (maybe buying several year old games from GS would compare equally)

#1486 karmicplayground

karmicplayground

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

When I got rage about a month ago it came with no dlc code, a cracked case, and the discs looked like someone sanded the floor with them. What sucked is a week later new copies were cheaper at best buy. :(

#1487 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

Deus Ex arrived today and it doesn't work. First time ever from GF, I hope they replace it.

#1488 Shuino

Shuino

Gentlemen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Well just grabed FF13-2 figured 20 was a pretty fair price.

Pulpjesus.jpg

#1489 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Sweet, picked up Resistance 3. Can finally cross that off my list.

#1490 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

Maybe you should buy new games... with cash...

I do? Just because I'm buying something used doesn't mean I want it to come in crappy shape. A chipped up disc would sell on eBay for under $10, or it wouldn't sell at all... because people don't want chipped up discs. I don't think I'm being very unreasonable when I want a disc in good shape.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#1491 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

I do? Just because I'm buying something used doesn't mean I want it to come in crappy shape. A chipped up disc would sell on eBay for under $10, or it wouldn't sell at all... because people don't want chipped up discs. I don't think I'm being very unreasonable when I want a disc in good shape.

Don't buy from Gamefly then. It's a well known issue, so you have no right to complain if you still decide to go ahead and order anything used from them.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#1492 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

they work perfectly fine though.

#1493 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

resistance 3's trade in value to best buy plummeted to $5.00. glad i dumped mine for abt $30 there.
Posted Image

#1494 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

Seeing how its only $10 more new on amazon, and hearing how it didn't sell well, I think I might just reward Insomniac for their efforts and buy it new. But seeing how they said they will not continue the series......decisions......

#1495 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

Nice in for Resistance 3....love the series and another one to cross of my list:-)....thanks for heads up on deals and believe I'm hooked to this thread....probably bought 20 games from all 3 consoles since they started these nightly deals:-).
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#1496 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

its fun for a romp, the multiplayer is interesting but doesn't even come close to the big boys. if you own a playstation you owe it to yourself to blow through the whole series at least once.
Posted Image

#1497 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Well just grabed FF13-2 figured 20 was a pretty fair price.

Thanks to you and this post I was able to grab FFXIII-2 for PS3, thank you.

#1498 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Well, I came into this deal reading the OP that states the the games "are usually in excellent condition". Chips on a disc don't qualify as "excellent condition", they fall under the "acceptable" or "fair" category. I have a PSX disc that literally has a pie slice shaped piece of the disc missing and it still plays great; doesn't mean I would have paid money for it; I got it for free.

I have no problem with games with a little damage that play, but only at the right price. Why pay for a chipped up game when you can buy it on eBay for a dollar or two more with pictures of the item in actual "excellent" shape? I'm just trying to understand what's up, since on one hand the founder of CAG says that the stuff comes in "excellent condition" and others say the discs are "chipped" up. I don't run into chipped up discs very often; that's a pretty bad case of damage; regardless of playability; and it hurts the value a lot.

But that said, if the disc you get is chipped up, can you return it for another copy or a refund? Do you have to pay return shipping? I'm testing the waters before I give a company that I have no faith in a good inspection and hear what people more experienced with them have to say. I don't think diving in head first is a great idea when you've never bought from a certain company before.

uwkiCEr.gif

#1499 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

^You can return it, they will send you a return shipping label, and give you a refund. They won't replace it.

More than likely your discs will be chipped. Every single one I've bought in the last 6 months or so has had at least a couple chips. So if you absolutely won't accept any chips on your disc, I would just say don't buy anything. However, I never would have even noticed these chips except for it was pointed out here. They're not noticeable unless you know what you're looking for. And I've never had any game not play because of the chips.

I honestly think the whole "chipped games" thing is really really overblown. Emphasis on REALLY!

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#1500 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Alright, thanks for the info on the return process. Maybe I will try my luck.

uwkiCEr.gif