Photo
- - - - -

GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

• Please log in to reply
2421 replies to this topic

#211 akareem27

akareem27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Deus Ex Out of stock again!! just missed it, it was sitting in my cart then went out of stock

#212 bcleichtenberg

bcleichtenberg

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Deus Ex Out of stock again!! just missed it, it was sitting in my cart then went out of stock

Damn. Me too!

#213 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I grabbed Deus Ex about three hours ago. I checked all last night and there weren't any.

#214 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Anything tonight?

#215 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

Anything tonight?

No, as it says in the OP, nothing new until Monday night.

#216 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Could it be that you weren't paying attention. We're not talking about minor chips here. These chips are substantial, with some of the chunks missing into the data area. Click on my album to see pictures of all 5 games I had ever received from Gamefly (during these sales on 5 separate orders) chipped. Run your fingers on the edges of your discs. Check again.

There's no doubt that these are incredible prices, and they will refund your purchases if you don't want the chipped discs. But some of us don't want our game dics chipped or completely all scratched up even if we are buying them used.

6 years I've been a member of Gamefly. I've bought probably over 50 games from them over that time, each used. I have not had one game they SOLD me ever have a chip, crack or other deformity. Matter of fact, their used sales and my discount are one of the reasons I still keep them. Either way I'm sorry for those who have gotten bad discs. Guess luck is on my side.

As for Deus Ex, I bought day one and loved the game. Sometimes I'd like to have more open-world exploring but overall, a good game that as someone said earlier, lets you play it however you want. I went the stealth route (the harder to do in my opinion) and I had a blast. No brainer at this price.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#217 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

I know this is kind of off topic from the OP, but my Driver: San Francisco came in the mail recently and it was in PERFECT condition. I'm definitely going to keep up with their sales!

#218 wizeguy

wizeguy

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Could it be that you weren't paying attention. We're not talking about minor chips here. These chips are substantial, with some of the chunks missing into the data area. Click on my album to see pictures of all 5 games I had ever received from Gamefly (during these sales on 5 separate orders) chipped. Run your fingers on the edges of your discs. Check again.

I've probably ordered at least a dozen games from gamefly both for the Wii and Xbox. I'd say that 50% have 'nicks' in the sides like your photos. The amazing thing is that they've all played just fine. One of your pictures surely shows what I'd call a chip. I wonder if the blueray disks aren't as tough? PS3 more sensitive or those disks just took an extra hard bounce? None of my nicks went into the data section. Nor were scratched up. I'm surprised by that.

On the disks that I've received if you ran your fingernail down the edge of the disk you could feel the nicks but really at a glance could be missed. Since they've played just fine and weren't all scratched up I'm sticking with gamefly. One game I ordered I never recieved they refunded me right away. Bummer I couldn't get the game but its ok because I picked it up a month later for $5 less from them. <shrug> I like the brand new case and manual.

#219 CatEyes

CatEyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Is it just me that can't figure out how to buy DE:HR for $10? I go to the page for it and it gives me option to RENT it and then keep for $9.99, but the only option to buy outright is $29.99. Looks like I have to already have the disc in my possession to be able to keep it for that price? The thing is I had just returned it to GF three days ago before this deal happened, so I don't have it nor is it in my Game Q anymore, and if I put it back who knows when/if it'd go out again. If I'd known I'd have just hung on to it. I'd still like to get it for $10 if it's possible, but I'm just not seeing the option. Probably something really obvious I'm missing :[

#220 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Probably something really obvious I'm missing :[

Edit: NM, I think it's just because it's out of stock (for buying directly)

#221 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

They shipped my copy of The Last Crusade yesterday. Can't wait to play it!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#222 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Is it just me that can't figure out how to buy DE:HR for $10? I go to the page for it and it gives me option to RENT it and then keep for $9.99, but the only option to buy outright is $29.99. Looks like I have to already have the disc in my possession to be able to keep it for that price? The thing is I had just returned it to GF three days ago before this deal happened, so I don't have it nor is it in my Game Q anymore, and if I put it back who knows when/if it'd go out again. If I'd known I'd have just hung on to it. I'd still like to get it for $10 if it's possible, but I'm just not seeing the option. Probably something really obvious I'm missing :[

Pretty sure that just means it out of stock. Keep checking back sometimes they pop back in stock and you'll be able to snag a copy.

#223 DarkPhantom13

DarkPhantom13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

I got an email saying that my Ace Combat for PS3 shipped on the 5th and i still haven't received it. I usually receive my games the next day after shipping...hmm...they must have sent it from a different gamefly center and not the one thats closest to me which is Long Beach.
Posted Image

#224 Poetry In Motion

Poetry In Motion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

There's no doubt that these are incredible prices, and they will refund your purchases if you don't want the chipped discs. But some of us don't want our game dics chipped or completely all scratched up even if we are buying them used.

Ouch. Just checked out your album.

Anybody have any luck trading these chipped discs to places like GameStop/Best Buy/Amazon?

#225 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

Anybody have any luck trading these chipped discs to places like GameStop/Best Buy/Amazon?

GameStop will take anything, sometimes they'll hit you with a refurb fee though.

#226 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

bb always takes my gamefly chipperdoodles.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#227 Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige

For Answer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Cursed Crusade (PS3) is back in stock. I don't recommend buying it because I thought it was terrible, but it's there if you want it.

#228 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Cursed Crusade (PS3) is back in stock. I don't recommend buying it because I thought it was terrible, but it's there if you want it.

That's the reason why I wait for games to hit $10 or less. If I don't like it, I could always sell it or just be grateful that I didn't pay full price for it.

#229 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Gundam 3 arrived today, a couple of chipped edges, otherwise mint!

Good thing since I got the PS3 ver, a couple of 360 games I've ordered in the past arrived beat up!

Edited by CaoPi, 09 April 2012 - 12:05 AM.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#230 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Gundam 3 arrived today, a couple of chipped edges, otherwise mint!

Hope you enjoy the game. I'm sure you will since your tag reads Koei fan. I wish I bought the game during that sale. I want the English version (own the JPN) cause I'm probably one of the few who enjoy the dubbing of Gundam series.

#231 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Looking forward to tonight's releases. Cmon something interesting!

#232 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Looking forward to tonight's releases. Cmon something interesting!

Yup. Same here. I have $5 worth of Gamefly bucks and a 10% discount burning a hole in my pocket right now. :)

I'm kind of a big deal...

#233 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I will Undisputedly try to Hunt you down some clues. If any one tries to stop me, I will smash them into the the Oblivion Game of the Year edition. Even 2 Ninja Storms will not stop me. My road ahead is Uncharted, but I'm confident.

#234 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Cheapy!

#235 JonnyHeartthrob

JonnyHeartthrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I will Undisputedly try to Hunt you down some clues. If any one tries to stop me, I will smash them into the the Oblivion Game of the Year edition. Even 2 Ninja Storms will not stop me. My road ahead is Uncharted, but I'm confident.

The only clue I don't understand is smashing someone into the Oblivion Game of the Year edition....:dunce:

#236 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

The only clue I don't understand is smashing someone into the Oblivion Game of the Year edition....:dunce:

Sounds like either Barbie Horse Adventure or Dog Island to me! \\:D/

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#237 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

please be uncharted 3 9.99
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#238 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

hope to see those clues soon

#239 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hell, while you're dreaming, you might as well hope for a 4.99 Uncharted 3.

#240 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

That would be amazing but not gonna happen