Lord of the Rings: War in the North $20 at Gamestop

I really wanted this at launch, but my Kmart didn't get an copies before my coupon for the game expired.
I still really want it. Hopefully it will pop up on a Gamefly sale sometime soon for $15 or so.

Thanks OP!!
tyhgk

Argh...I got to stop buying games at launch and putting them in my backlog. I paid maybe $20 after gaming coupons from Kmart for this game and still have yet to play it.

@lovedragondon

It's at Gamestop also.
The other thread has a link to it, but it's out of stock online. If I wasn't traveling today, I'd try my luck in store.

[quote name='draven1089']$40 bucks for the CE isn't that bad. Does anyone have the CE? is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

^ this

[quote name='gauu']cmon amazon match this for ps3 collectors.[/QUOTE]

Why? Isn't the PS3 edition full of bugs?

I just played the PS3 version last week and don't remember any significant bugs. Also, this game really surprised me. I thought it would be very generic, but it was great and very memorable. They do a very good job at connecting it to the lore and the events of the LOTR book/movies too. I played this single player and had a great time but I imagine its even more fun co-op since it was designed with that in mind.

[quote name='Romeo']Why? Isn't the PS3 edition full of bugs?[/QUOTE]

I recently finished this game - it was pretty fun.

Regarding the bugs - there is a way to circumvent them. Credit goes to PS3Trophies.org:

Each time you start the game up, load your save normally - which it does by default. Once your game has loaded, immediately quit back to the main menu. Then go to your save file and do a manual load. And play as normal.

Doing this repopulates your quest log - which sometimes loads up with side-quests missing.

Annoying, yes. But, I did this each time I played and it always worked.

One thing I hate about gamestop is their gutted copies of games. I just got the last copy of this for xbox 360 and get home to see that the front of the case has puncture holes. About four of them real close together. Technically a gutted copy that is opened and handled isn't new but when the case has holes in it then it really isn't new. Not to mention that plenty of people handle the case before anyone buys the gutted copy. I'm annoyed but really I should have looked before I bought it. I didn't know it was the last copy and the gamestop employee grabbed the case. Well it is going back to gamestop.

There is a 360 LE marked at $40 at the Wayne, NJ location on route 23 on a rack full of LEs. Had I not already had the PS3 version, I'd have snapped it up.

[quote name='bizman316']One thing I hate about gamestop is their gutted copies of games. I just got the last copy of this for xbox 360 and get home to see that the front of the case has puncture holes. About four of them real close together. Technically a gutted copy that is opened and handled isn't new but when the case has holes in it then it really isn't new. Not to mention that plenty of people handle the case before anyone buys the gutted copy. I'm annoyed but really I should have looked before I bought it. I didn't know it was the last copy and the gamestop employee grabbed the case. Well it is going back to gamestop.[/QUOTE]

The answer to your problem is to never buy gutted "new" games from GS, period. By purchasing gutted games, you just encourage this sleazy practice.

Whenever I ask for new games at GS, I always say "sealed only", and if they don't have it FACTORY sealed, I just skip the purchase. Not worth it, no matter how many ways they claim the games are "still new".

Thanks OP! Picked up two copies for me and brother in-law. Should be a decent co-op romp to play after we finish up Saints Row III

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Argh...I got to stop buying games at launch and putting them in my backlog. I paid maybe $20 after gaming coupons from Kmart for this game and still have yet to play it.[/QUOTE]
I paid $40 from Amazon at launch due to a $20 promo credit from a prior purchase and it sat in my backlog till I traded it.:whistle2:# At least my one buddy got to play it before I dumped it. He said it was an ok game but not phenomenal.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^returning opened new games usually doesn't go well..[/QUOTE]

They put a sticker on it to seal the game box. I didn't actually remove the sticker so they will be fine with the return. As the other person that replied to this I just should have said no when I saw it was the last copy. I just got it from amazon so I'm happy.

[quote name='draven1089']$40 bucks for the CE isn't that bad. Does anyone have the CE? is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Just got the 360 CE from a local Gamestop, and hell yes for 39.99 it is SO worth it.

The quiver alone is worth it IMO, full sized with adustable strap. Very well made and the map is amazing. We have it hanging on the wall in our living room.

The OST is beautiful, and the artbook a nice addition. The avatar outfits are kinda neat too.

Honestly, a great addition to my collection. I suggest it strongly.

[quote name='benjamouth']I wonder if this drop is permanent, or if it's part of this weeks sale.[/QUOTE]

It's part of this weeks sale as far as the CE is concerned. They had a paper flyer on the counter when I just went. Ends 04/10.

hoping this price doesn't go up to $30 tomorrow as the ad that got e-mailed out today has the system versions at $29.99

I have the CE edition on hold for me at the local store, just hopefull it doesn't go up $10 too :whistle2:/

My local store has had a CE for months sitting high on a top shelf. Lo and behold, today it is gone. I went maybe 5 miles further in town, and found 3 of them in the main mall-based store. I think there are 2 PS3 editions left.

Snagged a copy, perfect price point for me. And the game is great, its what i expected. I dont need every game to be some huge massive open ended game, this is a bit more direct and to the point, but very fun and has a lot more depth in terms of dialogue etc..than i expected. Fun combat, great purchase for the price.

Is there a system that this game is better on?

I searched for a face off on Digital Foundry and on Lens of Truth but didnt find any articles.

bread's done
Back