Class of Heroes II Deluxe Edition - $59 Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 rockykai

rockykai

Must not mention Smash...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

This petition was pretty much doomed to fail from the start. The only reason I considered donating was because it WAS Class of Heroes and NOT VC3 or something of that kin.

Actually, I still haven't decided if I'm getting CoH 2 or not. It may depend on its price tag and EO4.

#32 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I have a Vita so would need to donate at the $100 level... tough sell. If CoH1 is a digital download, I may check it out before committing.

As for those asking why no Japanese voices... they said that they would secure them if the exceed their top goal by 15%, meaning the Japanese voices cost an extra (15% x $500k) $75k for them to license. dubbing new voices likely costs significantly less, otherwise they probably would have done a Japanese-only option form the start.

Also, I think this project has hope, it's just that no one has heard about it yet. Drive more awareness, bump this thread, start similar threads on other gaming and anime forums. There is still time.
Posted Image

#33 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I think plenty of people have heard about it, apterous. It's been passed all around the internet as a textbook example of a bad Kickstarter.

#34 lorddct

lorddct

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Should have choosen a better game.

#35 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I think plenty of people have heard about it, apterous. It's been passed all around the internet as a textbook example of a bad Kickstarter.

Ahhhh I see. I hadn't heard of it until this thread, but agreed that this is probably not the best title to start on, and the business objectives are outrageous. I would start with digital only, so costs would be lower, and see if we could do a title everyone really wants (VC3, yes), abd agreed on all points with Japanese vs. english voices if within costs. Then this thing would be on fire.

However, if this doesn't work, then I doubt anyone would even try something more expensive and ambitious like VC3. The licencing on this is probably downright cheap even at 500k, something like VC3 would likely need to be over a million before Sega would even look at the offer.

I may throw $100 into the pot with a note that they really should have taken a survey of what titles people would actually support through kickstarter.

#36 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

However, if this doesn't work, then I doubt anyone would even try something more expensive and ambitious like VC3. The licencing on this is probably downright cheap even at 500k, something like VC3 would likely need to be over a million before Sega would even look at the offer.

The game IS licensed, and being released digitally, NO MATTER what happens to the Kickstarter. So the problem to people is, why do they need $500k for just the physical items?

#37 rockykai

rockykai

Must not mention Smash...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

The game IS licensed, and being released digitally, NO MATTER what happens to the Kickstarter. So the problem to people is, why do they need $500k for just the physical items?

Pretty much this. I know there are most likely major taxes involved and maybe outsourcing to make sure that the plushes get made, sure. But it shouldn't cost this much for all of that and it shouldn't cost $75k to add that extra EXTRA stuff.

I'm glad that Acquire is able to bring this over and I'm glad that CoH 2 is a Wizardry-based game which is what I truly enjoy. I can't figure out which game...Labyrinth of Lost Souls and its add-on, CoH 2, or EO4 will be the most enjoyable and I only have room for 2 max.

#38 Last Epoch

Last Epoch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

They should've gone with the Growlanser 1 Remake for PSP, but maybe Atlus USA has the rights to it already...

#39 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

how does kickstarter work? if people donate, but say they make it to $400k... do they just get to keep that money or is it returned to those who kickstarted? Plus, if I give $59... do I get the game when and if its done? Just curious.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing
:360:
Dishonored

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:3ds: Bravely Default

#40 Donuts

Donuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

how does kickstarter work? if people donate, but say they make it to $400k... do they just get to keep that money or is it returned to those who kickstarted? Plus, if I give $59... do I get the game when and if its done? Just curious.

If they make 500k (the goal they set) then any money you donated will go to them, if they don't make it to 500k then nothing will go to them and the project gets scrapped. If its successful and you pledged $59 then you'll get everything listed for that tier. I don't want to list everything so go and read what is included

#41 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

If all you want to do is localize already made games with the current state of PSP/VITA, you might as well only focus on digital downloads and lower that target for funding. I wonder if that amount is the WHOLE shebang. No risk to them at all to try and sell 25-50% of copies on their own.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#42 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

They really should have picked a different game for the "best deluxe pack ever" treatment.

I'd love a great old school deluxe pack... just not for friggin' Class of Heroes 2

#43 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

There's alot of cool jrpg out there they could pick. Why this game. Maybe like Tale of the Last Promise.

#44 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Should have choosen a better game.

No one that owns the rights to a better game would let them try a Kickstarter. They did the best they could.