Random Podcast Thread!

Mr Unoriginal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
So the weather is getting warmer and the dog foster organization I volunteer at is getting busier so I'm taking longer and more frequent walks. My Bombcast and Retronauts podcast no longer get me through the week. Looking for suggestions for ANY type of podcast, in fact, I would prefer if it wasn't video game related. Throw out the most interesting/weird stuff you listen to.

I Tend to enjoy more of the comedy movie kinda podcasts so easily Doug Loves Movies and How Did This Get Made. Though Nerdist podcast occasionally has some good entertaining interviews from people of all walks of life from comedians, actors, musicians to comic book writers.

History of Rome podcast by Michael Duncan. Simply excellent if you're into history at all.

B.S. Report by Bill Simmons from ESPN. Equal parts sports and pop culture.

Motley Fool Money. A bunch of guys talking about stock investments with lots of humor and intelligent discussion.

I'm a fan of the HowStuffWorks (e.g., Stuff You Should Know, Stuff You Missed in History Class, etc.) and Slate (Slate Cultural Gabfest, Slate Political Gabfest) podcasts. I recently subscribed to the Naked Scientists network of podcasts, but have been too busy catching up with everything else.

[quote name='Chase']I'm a fan of the HowStuffWorks (e.g., Stuff You Should Know, Stuff You Missed in History Class, etc.) and Slate (Slate Cultural Gabfest, Slate Political Gabfest) podcasts. I recently subscribed to the Naked Scientists network of podcasts, but have been too busy catching up with everything else.[/QUOTE]

I saw these but it looked like every episode was under 5 minutes. Are any longer form?

Well, Brain Stuff is around 5-6 minutes, but, the other shows, like Stuff You Should Know average, say, 40 minutes per episode—and they have a huge catalog. Slate can go for 40 minutes to 90 minutes. I'm unsure about the episode length of the Naked Scientists.

It's vulgar humor but I enjoy the Comedy Button. It's a spinoff from a dead podcast called the Gamespy Debriefings. From that show listen to episode 100 to the end.

Spill.com has some awesome podcasts. Check Let's Do this, The Loading Bar, and A Couple of Cold Ones. You won't be disappointed.

Bronyville podcast for any bronies out there (my little pony friendship is magic fan podcast)

My favorite comedy podcasts right now:
- WTF (with Marc Maron)
- The Dana Gould Hour
- Girl on Guy (with Aisha Tyler)

Politics:
- Citizen Radio (with Jamie Kilstein)
- Savage Love (with Dan Savage)

...and if you have room in your heart for one more gaming podcast:
- Video Game Hangover (with me!)

I had the same problem. Giant Bomb can't get me through the week. I drive for work often and ran out of podcasts. Here are my new adds to fill time:

The Bugle - Audio Newspaper For A Visual World I love it. That correspondent dude from the daily show.
Rooster Teeth. Hit or miss but funny when they hit.
NPR: Planet Money. Fantastic. Must listen.

Dumb librul politics:
Rachel Maddow: hour long daily podcast of the previous night show without commercials. Good filler.
Best of the Left: hit and miss.

The Bugle has moved from Times Online. You won't get new episodes if you do a search and end up at timesonline.co.uk. This is the rss for the new site: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/9818871-the-bugle/tracks

[quote name='dopa345']History of Rome podcast by Michael Duncan. Simply excellent if you're into history at all.

Motley Fool Money. A bunch of guys talking about stock investments with lots of humor and intelligent discussion.[/QUOTE]
These two just went on my list. Thanks for the heads up.

I've always had trouble keeping entertained by podcasts, to be honest. I prefer comedy podcasts, but most of what I've found is relatively hit or miss. Comedy Bang-Bang is decent sometimes, Deathsquad I couldn't really handle much of, Sklarbro Country isn't terrible, Greg Proops' The Smartest Man in the World is definitely solid, but the one I must listen to every single week is the Filmdrunk Frotcast.

It's hosted by the guy who runs Filmdrunk, an ex-NFL player, and two others, and guests usually include lesser-known (but interesting) people. My favorite? Burnsy from the Uproxx network. Really, there's not much talk about films, but more about great stuff that's around the net, what's happening lately, and just other random stuff, including poop transplants (which, thanks to the Frotcast, I've found out is a real medical procedure.)

Just, give it a try. I'd say out of all of the episodes, this is one of my favorites, simply because David Lee Roth gets blooped in.

http://filmdrunk.podbean.com/2011/12/28/filmdrunk-80-last-frotcast-of-2011/

Paying this thread another visit. Given my girlfriend's hours as a nurse, I try to get in as many workout hours as I can for three days while putting less hours into the rest of the week. Some days, I do a solid four to five hours. Because of my situation, I listen to a lot more podcasts than most people.

My favorite shows come from Sherdog Radio (MMA). That includes Beatdown with TJ De Santis, The Savage Dog Show, The Jordan Breen Show, and Sherdog Rewind (which is probably the best show on the Internet). Usually, they put out enough content to get me through those three days. For the remainder of the week, there's the CAGcast (games), Giant Bombcast (games), Laser Time (pop culture), Cape Crisis (pop culture), and DGRadio (booze and comedy). Sometimes, I shuffle out some shows with others to keep things fresh. Other times I swap things out because they're too funny (DGRadio), which can be dangerous while hitting my workouts.

Dry humping a dead thread because the world needs to know how fucking awesome A History of Rome is. I'm on episode 71 and I've gotten my wife hooked on it too.

Best podcast ever.

bread's done
Back