Thoughts On These PS2 Games

shotgunshine

CAGiversary!
Im thinking of picking up these PS2 games I missed out on and just wanted your thoughts on the games.

Dark Cloud
Dark Could 2
Rogue Galaxy

I've played Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy. They're both great action RPGs, though the dungeon areas in Rogue Galaxy are bigger than necessary. Both of them are also long, so make sure you'd have the time to get through them.

Dark Cloud is currently in my backlog. It's supposed to be not as good as Dark Cloud 2, but I still wanted to check it out (I like Level-5's work in general, and also have a soft spot for early PS2 games).

dark cloud was not that good of a game in my opinion. It was truly the same thing over and over again. I know I didn't finish it, but I heard dark cloud 2 was an amazing game. No comment on Rouge Gallery.

I do believe after I sold Dark Cloud 1 I did go back and find it again at a super cheap price so it can be in my collection again.

I believe that was also the last game I sold (either that or rouge sqadron for the cube)

Thanks guys for the thoughts. Im very anxious to play Rogue Galaxy so hopefully I can find that one. Dark Cloud 2 is listed at $24.99 at Gamestop...which if true is a bit out of my price range...especially since i've been to that Gamestop and I know they dont have the case or manual for it.

Anyone play the .hack series? How are those games?

[quote name='bkjohns1']I'm currently playing Rogue Galaxy. It is a solid action RPG and I am enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

Nice. How far are you into it?

Rogue Galaxy was a great game, I played it sometime last year and it still holds up really well(graphically on an HD tv). Probably one of the better games I finished(which I rarely do nowadays. Trying to change that). Ending was pretty nifty as well.

Dark Cloud, never liked the first part and never bothered with Part 2. I need to finish Dragon Quest 8, on top of Zelda TP, Tales of Graces F and now Xenoblades.

Hopefully get done with two of em before Last Story comes out.

Just got back from Gamestop. They had NONE of the games. It even showed in there computer they had Rogue Galaxy but the guy did look everywhere for me and couldn't find it. I'll check out a couple others ones this weekend.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Just got back from Gamestop. They had NONE of the games. It even showed in there computer they had Rogue Galaxy but the guy did look everywhere for me and couldn't find it. I'll check out a couple others ones this weekend.[/QUOTE]

My local Gamestop has several complete copies of Dark Cloud 2. I think there was also a Dark Cloud 1. No Rogue Galaxy though.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to retrieve one for you at cost plus shipping.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Nice. How far are you into it?[/QUOTE]

So far I have put in ~30 hours, and I am 1/3 of the way into Ch. 8. The game looks nice on my HDTV, the characters are enjoyable, and the story is okay (IMHO). This was one of the last few great games for the :ps2:

I would suggest looking on e-bay. I got my copy their for ~$12 shipped 2-3 years ago.

Maybe hit up another Gamestop? only $9.99 for Rogue Galaxy. If you want another Level 5 game that is really great, I definitely suggest DQ8. I'd buy it online(got a new one off Amazon for $15.00 about 7 months ago). Every copy I saw at GS was either scratched, missing the manual, or had water damage of some sort(coaster?).

bread's done
Back