(PS3) Silent Hill: Homecoming $16.99 on Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

I want to chime in... I do not have homecoming, but I picked up downpour yesterday.

Damn it is actually quite entertaining. I do not understand the reviews at all. The atmosphere has been great, the music has been great, I have really enjoyed the game so far and I am not even in silent hill yet.

#32 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

homecoming is a much better game than downpour

#33 joeyd07

joeyd07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Homecoming is better than Downpour, and Shattered Memories is better than both of them.

#34 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

This is just my opinion but I never play a game with inverted controls.
I was just curious have there been famous games made in the past with only inverted controls?
Thanks

#35 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

For anyone like me who has to play inverted, pass on it...Konami decided to be dicks and not include the option to play inverted and said they would never patch it either.

Exactly why I never bought it.

#36 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Homecoming is well worth it at this price. Not the best in series SH game, but enjoyable and entertaining nonetheless.

#37 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

This is just my opinion but I never play a game with inverted controls.
I was just curious have there been famous games made in the past with only inverted controls?
Thanks

Nintendo was famous for not letting you customize your controls, iirc most Zeldas are half inverted. The thing that bugged me the most about being half inverted is the 2 axis are separate, it works for flying games like Starfox but when you're aiming the 2 axis are actually fighting against each other when one is inverted and the other isn't. Try making a circle with your reticule when you're only half inverted.

#38 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

For anyone like me who has to play inverted, pass on it...Konami decided to be dicks and not include the option to play inverted and said they would never patch it either.

I thought I was the only weirdo who played inverted. I usually invert the X and Y axis for 3rd person games, but leave them normal for 1st person games.

Recently I made myself just play all games with the 'normal' X and Y axis. I got tired of some games only letting you invert one axis or the other, or simply not having it at all.

#39 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

There's a decent amount of inverticism in this thread (racism's ugly cousin).

I use inverted Y and normal X because I feel those mimic the actions of your neck the closest. The back of your neck goes down when you look up, and it goes up when you look down. But you still turn your neck left to look left and right to look right. Inverted Y-axis has always just been the way my brain worked...but I still can't play a game if I can't change the X-axis controls if need be, either. I think Bard's Tale on XBOX original didn't allow this...and don't quote me on it but the cartoony zelda (windwaker?) on Gamecube didn't allow you to change, either. It's just completely unplayable.

#40 matttco

matttco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Disagree Downpour even with it's crappy slowdown is better than Homecoming. Downpour side missons are awesome, beating heart, or man in the painting. Revisiting the room from SH4.. Homecoming was alright. I however do agree that SM was better than both.

#41 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I use inverted Y and normal X because I feel those mimic the actions of your neck the closest. The back of your neck goes down when you look up, and it goes up when you look down. But you still turn your neck left to look left and right to look right. Inverted Y-axis has always just been the way my brain worked...but I still can't play a game if I can't change the X-axis controls if need be, either. I think Bard's Tale on XBOX original didn't allow this...and don't quote me on it but the cartoony zelda (windwaker?) on Gamecube didn't allow you to change, either. It's just completely unplayable.

Ha, interesting.

For first person games, I picture myself the person, so I can play with normal X and Y axis controls since that is the way you move your head.

For 3rd person games, I picture myself behind a big telescope I guess. So I think of having to push the back end of it to the left to pan right, down to pan up, etc. Weird, I know.

#42 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Disagree Downpour even with it's crappy slowdown is better than Homecoming. Downpour side missons are awesome, beating heart, or man in the painting. Revisiting the room from SH4.. Homecoming was alright. I however do agree that SM was better than both.

The glitches are very annoying in DOWNPOUR! One of them leaves you locked out of access to multiple subways!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#43 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

I just picked up Homecoming at Sears on clearance for $12.94.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#44 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

I used to play with an inverted Y-axis as well so I like to think of invertism as being more of a condition that with education and support can possibly averted or overcome through tolerance and programs such as Invertics Anonymous. :lol:

Yes, Wind Waker. Luigi's Mansion was another one iirc. Oni for PS2 was one of the games that I just couldn't play because of its controls ... I just can't remember why.

... so when's the next Silent Hill coming out? I can't wait. :lol:

#45 LCAWC

LCAWC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. Getting away from the Homecoming Vs. Downpour debate, the fact of the matter is that the impending releases of Downpour and the HD Collection caused the Amazon Gougers to come out in full force. I think Homecoming prices peaked around $40 used at one point, so it's nice to see that the price has come back down to earth to a more reasonable sub-$20 pricepoint.

#46 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Picked up homecoming 3 years ago at Best Buy for $10.

#47 LCAWC

LCAWC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Picked up homecoming 3 years ago at Best Buy for $10.

Unless you have a time machine to share so we can all partake in that deal then I don't see the relevance of a 3 year-old price to what something costs now in the present. Also, if you can travel forward in time and let us know when it will cost $10 again we'd appreciate it.

#48 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

Unless you have a time machine to share so we can all partake in that deal then I don't see the relevance of a 3 year-old price to what something costs now in the present. Also, if you can travel forward in time and let us know when it will cost $10 again we'd appreciate it.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#49 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

Strangely enough, this is the game that broke my adherence to inverted controls. Since I couldn't use it, now I don't use it on any game, third person or FPS.

#50 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

so i have SH1, SH HD collection, and just beat downpour. I finished shattered memories and thought it was kind of lame. does anyone recommend origins? I'm tempted to get homecoming. I won't play the Room as IMO it's not really a silent hill game. it was forced to be one by konami