Robotech: The Complete Series DVD $36

I wonder if this contains all of the extras like the Protoculture set, since different publishers and all.

If not, that's a lot of extras that will be missing. @_@

Looking over the extras in my Protoculture set it doesn't look like any extras are missing and there are a few new additions. Audio and video appears to be the same as the Protoculture Collection.

Great price if you don't have the previous release, but no real need to upgrade.

Thank you, OP.

I NEVER bought Robotech before and BAM, the whole sebang for less the $40.
I would never bite on this for the hundred or more that was asked. I even hated when they released the series piecemeal.

Thanks again, kind sir.

Yay? I bought it as well, but I will probably not watch it until I retire. Assuming digital rot hasn't taken place yet.

How is the show, considering how many episodes there are, Im guessing pretty good. Im a fan of the original mobile suit gundam series and I was wondering how similar it was to that.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']How is the show, considering how many episodes there are, Im guessing pretty good. Im a fan of the original mobile suit gundam series and I was wondering how similar it was to that.[/QUOTE]

It'll be kind of a hit or miss between Gundam/Macross fans unfortunately.

If you like mech series in general and not exactly fan favored to Gundam or Macross specifically, you probably will enjoy the series.

It's just like how Macross and Gundam fans generally don't mess together, and this is kind of the same situation.

I like all 3, so I would recommend it. Just remember also it is pretty dated of a show, so it's not going to wow you visually or anything, but if you watched the original MSG, then you shouldn't have a problem with the video quality of this.

All 85 episodes are on Netflix instant if you want to try it out. A number of them are on Hulu as well which is free on PC. I almost bought this, as the show has always interested me, but I decided I don't need to add 85 episodes to my backlog of shows that is already too big to do anything with.

[quote name='bdb2m']All 85 episodes are on Netflix instant if you want to try it out. A number of them are on Hulu as well which is free on PC. I almost bought this, as the show has always interested me, but I decided I don't need to add 85 episodes to my backlog of shows that is already too big to do anything with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Netflix has saved me a ton of money when it comes to anime purchases.

man just watched the first couple of eps and have to say its pretty close to the begining of gundam 0079. Bunch of fresh recruits and civilians have to pilot a prototype transforming mechs and space battleship. I find some of it a little cheesy but for the most part its pretty entertaining. Might just have to pick this one up.

Also, I was just looking into the anime but had trouble locating in on myanimelist.net when I found that this appears to be 3 separate shows frankensteined together into one show by the US, I find that really odd. Are all 3 shows about the same or whats the deal with that? I have a hard time wraping my head around this.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back