The 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
613 replies to this topic

#571 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

The LA sports scene is legit son! They have lost not 1 but 2 pro football teams. Everyone else is just not LA.

Wait, you're in Texas? Say what now?

#572 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

So, if this domination keeps up, will the Nevada Athletic Committee say the Devils won?

heh. clever.
Posted Image

#573 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hilarious. You are some Texan trying to act all hard because you're an LA fan. This is priceless stuff. I'd expect to come across this stuff on 4chan or sherdog. CAG keeps surprising me with the "tough" guys. :roll:

Gotta love bandwagoners. There is a bunch of them under the bridge where you live. Must be awesome to have your favorite hockey team be relevant for the first time in history.

My team won the cup 5 minutes ago. Go be lame somewhere else.

Quick gave up 1 goal. Huge again.
Posted Image

#574 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

I'm going to have to have this smile surgically removed from my face. KINGS WIN THE CUP!!!

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#575 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

Feels so good, man. It's been a long 24 years.

#576 jello44

jello44

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

The LA sports scene is legit son! They have lost not 1 but 2 pro football teams. Everyone else is just not LA.

Wait, you're in Texas? Say what now?

I think the Raiders leaving LA was Al Davis being Al Davis.

#577 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

I think the Raiders leaving LA was Al Davis being Al Davis.

Probably. But LA is still a lame ass frontrunning sports town.

I'm happy for the Kings and their real fans tonight but overall, touting LA as a great sports town is just silly.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#578 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

Congrats to LA. #8 seed stepping the Fuck up, taking 4 total losses in the entire playoffs. *VERY* bittersweet to see Carter, Richards and Gagne holding the cup, but we still got the (long term) better end of the trade of the former two, IMO.

Hopefully we'll see Parise in orange and black come the Fall.

Also, hopefully the CBA talks go smoothly such that we get hockey in the Fall.

While I'm at it, I hope Peter Laviolette is studying hard to develop a strategy to beat highly defensive teams like NJ and NYR in the next year. I have little hope, but nevertheless some.

;)
Posted Image

#579 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

I'm happy for the Kings and their real fans tonight but overall, touting LA as a great sports town is just silly.

Touting and trolling are two different things. Didn't quite realize people would take the bait.

Myke, I can say that us Kings fans are very satisfied with that trade.

My brother was cryin when I was talkin to him tonight. He lives in Seattle though so it doesn't count. This fuckin team.
Posted Image

#580 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

Wasn't Schenn, Coots, or Simmonds who cost us the series vs NJ.

Was a dude named Ilya.
Posted Image

#581 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

Oh well, queens won... :/

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#582 jello44

jello44

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

Probably. But LA is still a lame ass frontrunning sports town.

Oh absolutely, which is why I didn't want them to win in the first place.

I wonder how many Kings "fans" there will be when they start sucking again.

72768.png

#583 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Man, ya'll some serious haters. If there's enough hate, don't they take our cup away and give it to one of the original six automatically? Us LA fans should be careful and quiet like Nordique fans!

Also, big thumbs up to the classy peeps shouting about the NFL. Here hold on, let Mr. Taxpayer write a check for a billion dollars to a billionaire so they won't leave us because YOU'RE SUCH A GREAT SPORTS TOWN! Well shit, I must be a huge NFL fan then since I get to write a goddamn check to Bob McNair every year so he'll play his games in Reliant!

Quick with 7 goals allowed in the six finals games. Incredible. And it just so happens he's like the most humble guy on the planet. Love it.

16-4. What a team. Completely destroyed all comers. Kopi with that gorgeous OT goal in game 1 to set the pace.

Edited by speedracer, 12 June 2012 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image

#584 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

You think Bernier will get fined/suspended at the beginning of next season?

#585 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Touting and trolling are two different things. Didn't quite realize people would take the bait.

So you were trolling? That makes you so much cooler!

What a dipshit. Enjoy your win. It's baseball season now when LA fans get in by the 5th and leave by the 7th. Great sports town.

I think costing his team the chance at game 7 is punishment enough. After the third goal, I thought Marty was gonna run into the locker room and strangle him.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#586 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

Oh absolutely, which is why I didn't want them to win in the first place.

I wonder how many Kings "fans" there will be when they start sucking again.

The same amount as before plus a few noobs so more than you think. I know LA has the perception of being a bandwagon sports town but there is a strong, solid group of diehard Kings fans. Staples Center is pretty much sold out for every game. We are not Anaheim.

I think it will be a while before the Kings "suck" again. We have a young core that is signed for the foreseeable future. Quick has one year left on his contract but will hopefully be resigned to a long term deal. A decision needs to be made on Stoll and Penner. I'm not saying we will repeat but we will be contenders for a while.

#587 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

If you don't resign Quick, the Flyers will give him 100M and he'll then proceed to suck.

Ees7Y.jpg

#588 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

*sigh*

...it's true.
Posted Image

#589 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Will he also get Bryzs humour though?

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#590 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

I wonder if New Jersey will even let him back in. He might hit the city limits and everyone be there with pitchforks.
Posted Image

#591 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

So you were trolling? That makes you so much cooler!

What a dipshit. Enjoy your win. It's baseball season now when LA fans get in by the 5th and leave by the 7th. Great sports town.

We're gonna need at least 4 more posts of you crying about this to really get where you're coming from.

OMG SPEED MADE A SNIDE COMMENT

My bad ya'll. I thought this was a hockey thread (with accompanying shit talking), not a FFXIII-2 appreciation thread full of glass egos. You're all so special and unique to me.

Edited by speedracer, 13 June 2012 - 12:38 AM.

Posted Image

#592 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

I remember hating seeing the Devils winning cups when I was younger, but I have to say, I was really rooting for Brodeur to pull out this series. Although it was great seeing an 8 seed win the whole thing, as well. It was pretty hard for me to root against either team in this series...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what that melancholic song playing about 10 minutes before the puck dropped (in the background on the stadium speakers) was [on NBC]? I've had it stuck in my head and feel that it's a song I've heard before/should know, but I can't place it and it's really bothering me...

#593 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

Yeah. I hate the devils but I didn't want to see Brodeur go out like that.

#594 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Yeah. I hate the devils but I didn't want to see Brodeur go out like that.

Even I felt bad after the last goal. He shouldn't hold his head down, though. If anyone is to blame for the loss, it's their special teams (especially the PK unit). LA's PP had been horrible up until the Finals. They had 6 goals in the first 3 rounds and 6 against NJ in the Finals.

Also to blame are Kovalchuk and Parise. An empty net goal and a gift from Quick are nowhere near enough for NJ's 2 stars.

#595 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

From another forum. LMAO!

Posted Image

Trade List

#596 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

She should have been MVP. Her large breasts were to much of a distraction.
Posted Image

#597 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

LMAO @ the gif.

#598 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Posted Image

#599 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Girouuuuuuuuuuuuux

I wonder if he'll get the C

Ees7Y.jpg

#600 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

O,o

Trade List