Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy XIII-2, and other CE's $15 (refurbished) EBgames.ca (DEAD)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Yeah, refurbished. I'm not sure what that means...

http://www.ebgames.c...web-only/313018
http://www.ebgames.c...web-only/313017
http://www.ebgames.c...web-only/313015
http://www.ebgames.c...web-only/313016
http://www.ebgames.c...web-only/311976
http://www.ebgames.c...web-only/312209
http://www.ebgames.c...web-only/312211

Some stuff is selling out, and the games are pre-orders for some reason.

Edited by ragnar14, 09 April 2012 - 01:29 AM.

Posted Image

#2 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

Yeah, refurbished. I'm not sure what that means...

Refurbished = gutted.

#3 rana09

rana09

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Refurbished = gutted.

please explain the meaning....

#4 evantrees

evantrees

rejection and peace tiramisu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

out of curiousity giving it a shot.

#5 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Refurbished = gutted.

EB doesn't give us discounts for that. My guess is they're returns (which they always open) that they couldn't send back to the manufacturer. Or something?
Posted Image

#6 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Well, considering FF13 is on-sale right now for $49.99 (new) $22 for the game + shipping is worth it, even if it is "gutted."

Unless the game isn't included and they're only sending the contents of the CE?

Either way I ordered... For now. It could be an easter-sale that the OP caught really early.

Is GS allowed to increase pricing of "pre-orders?" They could have just been leaving a placeholder for CE's that were returned for whatever reason.

I don't know, but we will find out. I get the feeling I'm going to get an email with the order being cancelled.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#7 Skullz_69

Skullz_69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

At that price a gave it a shot, Ninja Gaiden 3 CE for 14,99$ I wonder if its all broken & busted! :( well if the game is included its not all bad! I just hope the statue isnt missing or broken! But if its really complete and like new, thats one hell of a deal :)

#8 LtKetch

LtKetch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Not sure what refurb means either, looks like I will find out. I ordered the NG3 and the FF13, with standard shipping and a time of checkout discount total cost was $26.24. If the games work that's a good price, regardless of what refurb means.

Thanks OP, nice catch.

#9 arnoldrimmer

arnoldrimmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Pre-ordered(?) LOTR and NG3. I'll see what happens

Thanks for posting OP
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Grabbed a LOTR and NG3 CEs too, the NG3 for the figure and the LOTR just to get the free shipping. You actually get $5 off for ordering both.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#11 Norieaga

Norieaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Ordered one last night. I feel dumb to ask but this comes with the GAME, right? Apparently this is on EB's Facebook page, definitely legit.

#12 JGonspy

JGonspy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'd like Arkham City, though it looks sold out. It also doesn't really list what console it's for either for some reason.

#13 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Sometimes my local EBgames has a few CEs opened up to show the goodies you get with it. They probably never sell that copy and send it back. But then again, they do sell open box items all the time.

They did this for Skyrim last time and people got all of the items so I'm optimistic!

Refurbished = gutted.

Yeah, if only all gutted games at EBgames had that kind of price cut!
Posted Image

#14 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Interesting....Unfortunately the only ones available by the time I saw this are FFXIII-2, NG3, and LOTR.
Though I am sorta interested in FFXIII-2, it isn't for 360, but no interest in the others. Would have loved to snag GOW3 and Batman
Posted Image

#15 Boolah

Boolah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I ordered War in the North and FF 13-2. I actually wanted to try WitN, FF13-2, well if I don't like it as much as I predict, it can always be trade in. I would have considered NG3 if I had actually played the previous 2 and didn't read and hear everywhere that its shit. Both for less then 30$ shipped is not bad at all. Now hopefully we're not all getting screwed and they actually have the game discs.:D

#16 forumaddict

forumaddict

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Pre-order Ships 01/01/0001 when ordering it says this, i think this is a glitch and they dont even have the games at all, but well see

#17 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Grabbed a LOTR and NG3 CEs too, the NG3 for the figure and the LOTR just to get the free shipping. You actually get $5 off for ordering both.

Nice, grabbed them both at that price. I wouldn't bother if it's $20 for just one of those games. And now to wait...

Pre-order Ships 01/01/0001

#18 arnoldrimmer

arnoldrimmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

This is dead now, they have even taken down the pages
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Wow, I managed to squeeze in there just in time.

#20 fokkerfan

fokkerfan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Darn: Dear Customer, Thank you for your order of Ninja Gaiden 3 CE (Refurbished). Unfortunately, due to an issue with our inventory system on the website, the website advertised more units than were available in our warehouse. Unfortunately, we do not have the quantity to complete your order, and at this time your order has been cancelled. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at: help@ebgames.ca, or by phone at: 877-442-6303. As a reminder, your payment method was never charged for the canceled item. Any related authorization hold on your credit or debit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information. We appreciate your business, and look forward to serving you in the future.

#21 arnoldrimmer

arnoldrimmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Darn: Dear Customer, Thank you for your order of Ninja Gaiden 3 CE (Refurbished). Unfortunately, due to an issue with our inventory system on the website, the website advertised more units than were available in our warehouse. Unfortunately, we do not have the quantity to complete your order, and at this time your order has been cancelled. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at: help@ebgames.ca, or by phone at: 877-442-6303. As a reminder, your payment method was never charged for the canceled item. Any related authorization hold on your credit or debit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information. We appreciate your business, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Just got the same thing :( Not sure about my LOTR since I ordered them together
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I hope LotR comes through at $16.50 -- with free shipping.

#23 LtKetch

LtKetch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

Got my email this afternoon, no NG3 for me, apparently it was oversold. So far I am still getting FF13-2.

Just checked my order and no changes have been made yet, kind of curious what they are doing for shipping. I am not really interested in paying more than twenty dollars, hopefully they update the bill before they complete it.

Edited by LtKetch, 10 April 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#24 rana09

rana09

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

seems like all the NG3 for ps3 were cancelled including mine... but I wonder if the x360 owners went through. I hope i still get FF-13x2 with free shipping

#25 arnoldrimmer

arnoldrimmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

My NG3 order was for the 360 and it was cancelled.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Skullz_69

Skullz_69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

^^ same!
I'm sure they did this on purpose! Damn EBgames

#27 Boolah

Boolah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that I received the dreaded e-mail for both my LOTR War in the North CE and FF 13-2 CE. Looks like we are all getting screwed out of this deal.:cry:

#28 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I also got an email about my FF13 order. I was expecting this, so not too disappointed - but it does still suck.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#29 Nukkus

Nukkus

What is this I don't even

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

goddamn freaking scam
UPDATE: Called the 877 number, was told that the site was "hacked". BS.

Edited by Nukkus, 11 April 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#30 arnoldrimmer

arnoldrimmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Got my notice about LOTR too. Oh well I thought it was too good to be true.
Posted Image
Posted Image