Does anyone see a price drop happening on the PSP?

AftComet

CAGiversary!
I had a fat PSP about 5 years ago but I ended up returning it a long time ago. Now I see that there are many good games I want to play on it. It's current price is $129.99. I just bought a 3DS for $114.99 plus a $20 rebate I still have to cash in, so I don't want to pay more than I did for a 3DS.

Does anyone see a price drop happening soon?

Where were you when they were selling the bundles for $89.99 and under?

The PSPGo is still $99.99.

I can see the PSP system 99 maybe 79 by xmas

I can see whatever left over ds lites for 49 (good luck finding)
Dsi normal maybe 119
DSI xl maybe 149

3ds 149 to 129

Vitas you know will fall to 200 to 250 by winter

[quote name='VetraX']Where were you when they were selling the bundles for $89.99 and under?

The PSPGo is still $99.99.[/QUOTE]

Damn it! When was this? I'm only interested in a 3000. Don't like the Go.

[quote name='adayinthelife']Honestly I'd save up the extra money and just get a Vita...[/QUOTE]

Right now the Vita at $250 is a quite a hefty price. It wouldn't be that bad if the memory cards weren't expensive. I already bought a MicroSDHC to MSPD adapter for a buck. Then I just pop in a 16GB card from Newegg for $15 and I'm good to go. As opposed to $60 for the Vita.

A game, memory, and the system will run you nearly $400. It's a hell of a system, but it comes at a hell of a price too.

I've got a list of around 40 PSP games that I find worth playing. I might spend $200 buying all of them.

The vita will go down to 220 maybe for Christmas or early summer.

They will hit the holidays or summer kids wanting to waste their summer :D

Do not ask me how I know this

I lucked into a sweet deal through Shoppers. A one day only 20% off coupon, plus some optimum points for $60. $175 out of pocket for the system plus an 8 gb card. Spent the savings on a 2 year accidental damage warranty, but I'm happy. Amazing system. Definitey worth picking up.

[quote name='moneyman122']The vita will go down to 220 maybe for Christmas or early summer.

They will hit the holidays or summer kids wanting to waste their summer :D

Do not ask me how I know this[/QUOTE]

This summer? Or next year's? Sony needs to do it now. With the low sales their having now with the system, waiting until 2012 Christmas for a price drop seems like too long.

[quote name='AftComet']Damn it! When was this? I'm only interested in a 3000. Don't like the Go.[/QUOTE]

You should look for a PSP-2000, that's the best PSP imo. But I agree with the above users, you should probably wait for a PS Vita at this point and just buy the best PSP games off the PSN store.

I think PSP-3000 is better than 2000, image quality is a huge leap forward. I sold my 2000 for a 3000 and never looked back. If I had to pick one now and wasn't concerned with UMD vs digital, I'd get a Go. If you don't care about UMDs then spend the extra money and get a Vita, PSP games supposedly look great on it.

[quote name='AftComet']I already bought a MicroSDHC to MSPD adapter for a buck. Then I just pop in a 16GB card from Newegg for $15 and I'm good to go.[/QUOTE]
Where did you get that? I didn't even realize these things exists. I'd like to get one for my mom because she's still using the ol' Sony digital camera and our 8 GB stick is getting full. Do these things work well? I wouldn't want her pictures getting wiped.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I think PSP-3000 is better than 2000, image quality is a huge leap forward. I sold my 2000 for a 3000 and never looked back. If I had to pick one now and wasn't concerned with UMD vs digital, I'd get a Go. If you don't care about UMDs then spend the extra money and get a Vita, PSP games supposedly look great on it.[/QUOTE]

But...the 3000's scanlines make the games look worse sometimes! Also the 3000 is the hardest to get CFW onto. To me the PSP isn't worth it until you can put all of your favorite emulators on it. I got a PSP-2000 when it came out and never felt like I needed to upgrade it (not enough differences with the PSP-3000, except the scanline issues in games like Disgaea). Be sure to find an extended battery pack and you'll be set.

[quote name='Mr.']Where did you get that? I didn't even realize these things exists. I'd like to get one for my mom because she's still using the ol' Sony digital camera and our 8 GB stick is getting full. Do these things work well? I wouldn't want her pictures getting wiped.[/QUOTE]

Most MicroSD cards these days come with a SD adapter. I use them all the time for my phone/laptop, never had a problem. You really can use it as a regular SD card if you want. Go for it!

[quote name='Mr.']Where did you get that? I didn't even realize these things exists. I'd like to get one for my mom because she's still using the ol' Sony digital camera and our 8 GB stick is getting full. Do these things work well? I wouldn't want her pictures getting wiped.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it works well. But always back up the initial pictures to be safe. But I believe these cards only work to a maximum of 16GB, which isn't that bad. The plastic is flimsy but it becomes sturdier once the MicroSD is placed in it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Micro-SD-SDH...ory_Card_Readers_Adapters&hash=item4164649ad6

You can also find some on DealExtreme. But the one I got was off of eBay. You can find all sorts of stuff like this.

[quote name='matsam']But...the 3000's scanlines make the games look worse sometimes! Also the 3000 is the hardest to get CFW onto. To me the PSP isn't worth it until you can put all of your favorite emulators on it. I got a PSP-2000 when it came out and never felt like I needed to upgrade it (not enough differences with the PSP-3000, except the scanline issues in games like Disgaea). Be sure to find an extended battery pack and you'll be set.[/QUOTE]

Actually every PSP can be hacked now and it's extremely easy to do. Am I allowed linking such stuff on here because some might associate it with piracy. But the site I'm linking has a no piracy policy.

I just off loaded my PSP GO on ebay for $80, ended up buying it for $180 opened package at futureshop. I want to get a Vita at some point but the prices of the 32 gig card is hard to swallow.

Good thing is all the games I bought for the GO can come over to the Vita.

[quote name='MikeFightNight']I just off loaded my PSP GO on ebay for $80, ended up buying it for $180 opened package at futureshop. I want to get a Vita at some point but the prices of the 32 gig card is hard to swallow.

Good thing is all the games I bought for the GO can come over to the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure all of them can? I have a lot of digital copies bought on my Psp-3000 and it's showing as "Not available on Vita" when I go to re-download them on the Vita.

I really regret not buying one March 2011 when the price was dropped to $129.99. I would have had a year to play it and it was already hacked then. But back then I wasn't into portables too much.

I bought the 2000 star wars system years ago at the full price of $200. I gotta admit though, I found it to be more fun than the wii,ps3, or 3ds that I currently have. Games are extremely cheap for it and pretty easy to find, coupled with the fact that CFW allowed me to play import games that would have never made it here like my all time favourite gundam VS series.

Have you considered picking one up used?

If you plan on legitimately purchasing games off the psn though, I recommend just waiting for a PS Vita price drop or some kind of price error to happen. You know its bound to happen. That or picking it up used. I'm pretty sure at this point they won't reduce the MSRP of the PSP, and are probably going to stop manufacturing them soon. I don't see them at certain big box retail stores in my neighbourhood anymore. If anything, they will be clearing them out like the tons of gamecubes walmart was clearing out a years back.

The selection of games on it are amazing and fun to play, Sony just couldn't market anything for shit during its life cycle.

I got one about 4 months ago when the Sony Store was dumping them for $60 in anticipation for the Vita. Pearl White model 3001.

[quote name='AftComet']Nope, it works well. But always back up the initial pictures to be safe. But I believe these cards only work to a maximum of 16GB, which isn't that bad. The plastic is flimsy but it becomes sturdier once the MicroSD is placed in it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Micro-SD-SDH...ory_Card_Readers_Adapters&hash=item4164649ad6

You can also find some on DealExtreme. But the one I got was off of eBay. You can find all sorts of stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a try, how long did it take to ship to you from HK?

[quote name='Mr.']I'll give it a try, how long did it take to ship to you from HK?[/QUOTE]

Anywhere from 10 days to 1 month. It'll usually arrive around the 20 day mark.

[quote name='AftComet']Anywhere from 10 days to 1 month. It'll usually arrive around the 20 day mark.[/QUOTE]

Usually, but I currently have a Dealextreme order that's 3 months old... If you find something relatively closer that costs a few cents more, it's worth it.

If it's that old, it's probably been lost. You should e-mail them for a replacement.

[quote name='ragnar14']Usually, but I currently have a Dealextreme order that's 3 months old... If you find something relatively closer that costs a few cents more, it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ragnar14']Usually, but I currently have a Dealextreme order that's 3 months old... If you find something relatively closer that costs a few cents more, it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'll only order from DX if I can't find it on eBay. With eBay you're 100% covered for anything damaged or that doesn't arrive.

[quote name='Derfel']If it's that old, it's probably been lost. You should e-mail them for a replacement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I did the other day. But still, the point is that it happens to DX. I won't knock them for it, and I still use them. But there's a reason they're one of the cheapest sources on the net.

Your best bet if your waiting is to see if they announce anything at E3 at Sony's Press Conference this summer. That's when many price drops are usually announced.

[quote name='InfernoChaos']Your best bet if your waiting is to see if they announce anything at E3 at Sony's Press Conference this summer. That's when many price drops are usually announced.[/QUOTE]

Wise words.

[quote name='Variation']London Drugs is clearing out PSP GO's for $79.99. Finally found the last one in my area, so goodluck[/QUOTE]

I live in the GTA.

bread's done
Back