Photo
- - - - -

Zen Pinball 2 - The Pinball Platform on PS4/PS3/Vita - Out Now - Free & Compatible w/ZP1/MP/SWP DLC

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 DFogz

DFogz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Any word on if they're planning on releasing a bundle pack/season pass for all the tables?

I have the Marvel ones, and bought Epic Quest (which is awesome!) and I really want to get all the others but I really don't want to spend $50 to unlock them all.
If they came out with a package deal for $40 or hopefully even less I'd be all over it.

#32 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I actually read somewhere else to download the demo and then download the unlock and that worked for the other boards I own. Lots of extra work and time to download all my boards and I even have a decent connection. I feel bad for people that have a slower connection. I usually don't care about trivial things but this whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with this company, how do delay a release and not realize this would be a problem.

I downloaded them directly from the store as they were marked free (not the demos). Didn't have any issues when I started ZP2 up.

default.png2.png

#33 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

It will be cool to try out the 8 marvel tables i don't have and the few zen tables i didn't pick up. Anyone playing these tables in 3d?

The tables look amazing in 3D. I fact, I think I play better with the 3D on, as it's easy to tell where the ball is at all times. Everything just "pops", and I can't say enough good things about the 3D support in this game, it's really that good. :)

#34 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thanks Freaky. I have a lot of those $10 PlayStation cards and I could enjoy some good 3D gaming.

#35 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Zen Studios announced a Marvel Civil War table for Zen Pinball 2:

Iron Man and Captain America face off in dramatic fashion in the latest collaboration between pinball masters Zen Studios and entertainment powerhouse Marvel Entertainment. Based on the 2006 six-part comic event Civil War, players must choose to join Iron Man in support of the Superhuman Registration Act or join Captain America in the fight against it.

The choice to support or fight the Superhuman Registration Act provides unique aspects to gameplay. For example, if you pick Captain America, you might get some help from the Punisher; whereas if you choose Iron Man, you may earn help from the Thunderbolts. Both sides contend for the allegiance of heroes still making up their minds, such as Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel.

Civil War features amazing slow-motion combat animations Iron Man and Captain America, each battling for what they see is right. The number of followers amassed to each cause determines the difficulty of each fight, as determined by striking the proper targets and ramps, some of which materialize in thin air.

Civil War joins an incredible lineup of Marvel themed tables, and will release on a multitude of platforms as standalone DLC:

• Pinball FX2 on Xbox Live® Arcade and Windows 8
  • Zen Pinball 2 as Cross Buy entitled content for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita
  • Marvel Pinball for PlayStation®3
  • Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store
  • Zen Pinball on the iTunes App®Store
  • Zen Pinball THD on Google®Play.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#36 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Alright, finally new pinball tables! I like the concept of the Civil War table, with the getting to choose sides and contending for allegiances and all the jazz. Should be interesting. :)

#37 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Anyone get the PvZ bundle that's on sale? How is it, worth $4?

#38 bearhawk72

bearhawk72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

I have the Sorceror's Lair table, it's really good. I don't have the other 2 though.

#39 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Love the PvZ table, Sorcerer's Lair is very deep, and Paranormal is really cool. I'd say it's worth it. ;)

#40 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Transferred all my tables w/o issue. Having fun with the new format.

But I despise the auto camera angle changes. They happen all the time, it's really jarring. I'm just playing and all of a sudden the camera angle changes for no reason (only one ball on screen, views are not locked and/or not limited views, normal view options), and I have to stop the ball to fix it, or lose the ball in the chaos. I understand the change if it's a multi-ball, and zooms out more, but even during multi-ball it will switch to close up & almost under view that just ****s with me, I hate it (this is after I set the view to zoom out purposely, it keeps changing angles).

Is there any way to STOP auto-camera changes? Or set a default angle, then never have to worry about it?

#41 GBH

GBH

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

I still can't get the fantastic 4 table i bought on zen pinball 2. I went to the store yesterday and it wanted me to buy it for 3 bucks when i already bought it for 1.50.
I Didn't Mean To

#42 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

The Civil War table will be out on November 20 for $2.99 both for Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball 2, so the best route if you have both MP and ZP2 is to buy it for Marvel Pinball and then it'll be available to use in ZP2.

#43 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

http://blog.us.plays...ita-this-month/

Star Wars tables are coming later this month:

Zen Studios has been making pinball games for nearly a decade now, and today is one of the most exciting pinball moments for our studio! We are extremely excited to announce that Star Wars is coming to Zen Pinball 2! Zen Studios has been working closely with LucasArts to create an amazing collection of videogame pinball tables set in a galaxy far, far away!

The first pack of tables include Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Beyond these exciting tables, there are seven others in production as we speak, all to be revealed as 2013 unfolds.

Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters and unique gameplay. If you have not yet downloaded Zen Pinball 2, it is pretty easy to do. The free download will give you access to a great library of pinball content, where you can download demos for each table and pick which you’d like to buy. All content is cross-buy entitled on PS3 and PS Vita.

We will be unveiling more details on each table over the next few weeks leading up to launch, so be sure to keep an eye on PlayStation.Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.

May the Force be with you!

#44 bearhawk72

bearhawk72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

The Star Wars tables are pretty cool, though I suck horribly at them right now.

#45 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Just got the Star Wars tables for Vita/PS3 add me if you need to add to your Wizard Scores.
I could use some more Friends for this game.

#46 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

I am going to pick up these tables soon..I suck at pinball though, so I dont know if it will be worthwhile for anyone to add me. :(

#47 Azazael13

Azazael13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Picked the new Star Wars tables up and played on Vita with no issues. When I tried them on my PS3 there was a noticable lag on the flippers. Like I could hit the trigger button, count a second then it would go. Is this normal for the PS3 version, or did I mess something up?

#48 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

Bumping this up since the PS4 version is out now and features Cross Buy with a number of tables:

11341942684_2b896c3afc_z.jpg

Hey everyone, Zen Studios here with a quick update: the release of Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 here in North America has been pushed ever-so-slightly, now releasing next Tuesday.

When you’re working on a new platform with a complicated game, there might be a few hiccups along the way. Everyone at Sony working behind the scenes to make our game releases possible have been incredible and very accommodating. We’re so lucky to have an incredible team (who probably rarely get thanked) making it possible for us to get our games in your hands!

If you need your Zen Pinball fix now, Doctor Strange is still releasing today on PS3 and Vita for $2.99 (and yes, it will be on PS4 next week).

In advance of our PS4 release next week, we want to give you some detailed information about how the import process works. Please bookmark this post in case you need this information next week.

There are a few details that we really need you all to pay close attention to so you have a smooth transition from PS3 to PS4. As you may have read in the announcement post, if you bought the tables coming to PS4 in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 or PS Vita you can import those to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 at no charge. Here are more details on how that works:

Cross Buy Tables

• Star Wars Pinball
  • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
  • Marvel Pinball
  • Marvel Pinball:Avengers Chronicles
  • Marvel’s Doctor Strange
  • Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
  • Epic Quest
  • Paranormal
  • Earth Defense
  • The tables can only import from Zen Pinball 2 PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 PS4. You cannot import from Marvel Pinball or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. You CAN import from Marvel or Star Wars Pinball on PS3 > Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and then > PS4.
  • There is no going backwards from PS4 > PS3. If you want to play the tables on PS3 in the future, we suggest you buy them on PS3 first and then import to PS4.
  • For those of you who downloaded any of the applicable tables via PS+, you can import to PS4 just the same. However, if your PS+ account expires, you will lose access to the content.

The actual import process is pretty easy, but here is a step by step walkthrough that you can reference if you encounter any issues:

1. Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
  2. Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
  3. If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
  4. Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
  5. Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away!

If you find the process is not working for you, we have posted a comprehensive FAQ in our forums and are standing by to answer your questions.

The other caveat is that those tables are the only old tables that are coming to ZP2 on PS4, as they were only allowed to bring 20 tables over, so it's all new tables from here on out for all three platforms. Just buy the tables first on PS3 to get them on all three platforms.

If people want to add to their leaderboard competition, feel free to add me on PSN (CrashSpyro).