Photo
- - - - -

Zen Pinball 2 - Vita's Cross-Platform Pinball Platform - 9/4/12 - Free!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

They have a release date of 9/4

http://www.g4tv.com/...al-at-pax-2012/

#32 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Sounds like they might be releasing a PvZ table for Zen Pinball, good times! Looking forward to this release, for Vita in particular.

#33 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

So marvel is supposed to be out? When I do a search the store only pulled up the MvC games and add ons in the Vita store

Edited by 6er, 08 August 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#34 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Seriously, what is the name for the marvel pinball. On the vita store, the only marvel anything is MvC.

I can find it on my 3ds just fine. Even searching for pinball on only pulls up the pinball arcade, and zens own site says it was to release in June on PSN

Edited by 6er, 08 August 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#35 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

The full announcement that I got in my inbox:

Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, is pleased to announce that Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system will release on September 4, 2012 via PlayStation®Network.

Additionally, a brand new table based on one of PopCap Games’ mega hits will accompany the release of Zen Pinball 2 as downloadable content. This mystery table will be fully revealed later this month at PAX Prime, and playable in the PopCap PAX booth. The table will also release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Pinball FX2™ on September 5, 2012.

Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free before deciding to purchase.

Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge.

Zen Pinball 2 Key Features:

• PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
  • Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
  • The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
  • Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
  • Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
  • Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
  • Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
  • New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
  • Share your scores on Facebook
  • New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
  • New trophies for each table

Seriously, what is the name for the marvel pinball. On the vita store, the only marvel anything is MvC.

I can find it on my 3ds just fine. Even searching for pinball on only pulls up the pinball arcade, and zens own site says it was to release in June on PSN

Surprised you went to all of that work and couldn't look up a few posts. It's not out yet, which is why this thread was bumped up for the release announcement.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#36 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

#37 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Sorry, didn't realize I am supposed assume they have their head up their butt and nothing they say is accurate? Sorry, I don't follow the company, I didn't know they were cousins to Valve.

"Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners"

How the crap will it upgrade something that isn't out, nor will be out befores out. Their marketing department must be outsourced to their local zoo chimpanzee's.

Imagine:
The PS5 will be a free update to the PS4 which releases on the same day

Edited by 6er, 09 August 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#38 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

Why am I supposed assume they have their head up their butt and .nothing they say is accurate? Sorry, I don't follow the company, I didn't know they were cousins to Valve.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what that has to do with browsing this thread.

"Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners"

How the crap will it upgrade something that isn't out, nor will be out befores out. Their marketing department must be outsourced to their local zoo chimpanzee's.

Imagine:
The PS5 will be a free update to the PS4 which releases on the same day

They're talking about the PS3 version in that part since that's the only place where there would be Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners.

#39 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

D'oh, I was thinking Avengers pinball. I forgot the old marvel game was around

#40 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

http://blog.us.plays...l-2-on-ps-vita/

Jeff Rubenstein posted his impressions of the latest build from Gamescom:

If you’re a regular PlayStation.Blogcast listener, you’re probably sick to death of hearing about how much we’ve been playing and enjoying The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PS Vita. Farsight’s pinball simulator faithfully recreates the experience of playing some of pinball’s greatest tables, many of which are quite difficult to find in the real world.

Zen Studios has taken a different tack since debuting on PS3 (via PSN) in 2009 – the tables featured in Zen Pinball don’t exist in some decrepit arcade or collector’s garage. These fanciful pinball experiences don’t – and simply couldn’t – exist in real life.

Now Zen is upgrading the “platform” for these tables – meaning the physics engine, visuals, and social media experience – with Zen Pinball 2, coming to both PS3 and PS Vita for free next month. I was lucky enough to be sharing a flight out to Cologne for gamescom with someone from the Zen PR team, who handed me a PS Vita loaded with a nearly complete version of the game.

With The Pinball Arcade fresh in my mind, I slipped back into the Zen state of pinball, which has a decidedly different feel. Zen’s pinballs themselves feel a bit lighter than in The Pinball Arcade, leading to longer games. That makes sense – real world pinball tables are there to keep you pumping quarters into the machine; clearly, that’s not a concern here. Even when playing a table in Zen Pinball 2 for the first time, I felt like I was pretty good at it, though that likely means that true mastery will mean posting ridiculously high scores on the leaderboards.

The tables available on this build are all currently available for PS3 via Zen Pinball, so I’ll focus here on how Zen Pinball 2 fares on PS Vita. The visuals are clear and sharp on the OLED screen; while the tables aren’t real, some of them look like they could be. There are a multitude of playing angles available, and you can turn the PS Vita unit vertical to instantly get a more natural playing view. While The Pinball Arcade offers this feature, I found it difficult to use in practice. However, Zen’s friendlier physics make the touchscreen flipper controls a more viable playing option. As you might expect, Zen Pinball 2 offers touchscreen options for all the menus as well. There’s also a pass-and-play multiplayer mode for up to four people, which operates much like you’d expect to play in the arcade.

Two of the biggest draws for the Zen Pinball universe remain in the sequel: licensed tables and crazy stuff going down on said tables. The Marvel universe is well represented, with 13 tables currently available including several notable comic heroes. The worlds of Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden are represented, and Zen has promised a mystery Popcap collaboration as well.

What happens on those imaginary pinball tables really sets Zen Pinball 2 apart: Aliens abduct your ball on the Paranormal table. A Blanka figurine crackles with electricity on the Super Street Fighter II table. Zemo and Red Skull battle it out with Captain America along the edge of his table. The Avengers is the most ambitious – you choose a character-specific ball (Iron Man, Black Widow, etc) and carry out missions specific to that hero. Oh, and the entire table is the SHIELD Helicarrier from the movie, slowly gliding over a city.

On PS Vita, I found Zen Pinball 2 to be the Yin to Pinball Arcade’s Yang. What it lacks in realistic feel, it more than makes up for in variety and fantastical sequences across its 26 tables. As us pinball devotees find in-person pinball experiences harder and harder to come by, Zen Pinball 2 is another great, inexpensive way to get that flipper fix. If you own any Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball tables, getting Zen Pinball 2 is a no-brainer.

The new platform is a free download, and you’ll be able to import previously purchased tables from within the app, where you’ll find new Trophies to earn. Zen Pinball 2 and the new Popcap table will be available to download via PSN on September 4th.

#41 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

bump - next week is nearly upon us! I've had a mad hankerin for some vita pinball action lately.

#42 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Just waiting for the Vita version, then I can upgrade my Marvel and Avengers tables and enjoy some pinball in bed and on the go.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#43 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

The PopCap Games table has been announced:

Plants vs. Zombies Pinball is coming next week as DLC for Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita for $2.99.

#44 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

VERY stoked for Zen Pinball 2 on Vita, and also for the new PvZ table! :)

#45 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

So if I bought all tables in one go, how much would that be? Anybody care to add it all up for me. Cause I'm gomna buy em all in one quick swoop. I already own em all on Xbox, just want em portable.

#46 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm curious to see if anything will be on sale for PS+ members on Tuesday...I wouldn't mind stocking up on some tables.

#47 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

I'm curious to see if anything will be on sale for PS+ members on Tuesday...I wouldn't mind stocking up on some tables.

That would be fantastic and would easily tempt me to pick up some of the tables i have on XBLA. For now I am in for the latest Marvel pack and the PvZ table. Anxious to see how this plays on Vita.

#48 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Zen Pinball 2 is out for both Vita and PS3, and PvZ is out as well!! Just downloading them now, very excited!

#49 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Having a blast. Game plays amazingly well on the Vita. Very impressed. Zen Studios is showing exactly how customers should be treated. Looking to buy some new tables this weekend.

#50 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

There's one table that is missing from the list of tables for Zen Pinball 2, which is the Fantastic Four table that they sold for Marvel Pinball alongside the Captain America table.

Edit: Zen is saying on Twitter that it'll be coming to ZP2 soon.

#51 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

game looks ridiculously good on vita and plays awesome. need some pinball playin friends on my list, hit me up. will probably pick up avengers and pvz to support an outstanding vita release.

#52 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

What do I download first? I want basically all of the Marvel tables. Thanks

#53 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

So freakin' good on Vita. Picked up the PvZ table and love it. Next up the latest Marvel Pack. Looks and plays perfectly.

#54 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

:mrgreen:GENIUS! Looks fantastic! Already importing some stuff I bought on my PS3 Marvel Pinball game! I, finally, know what to spend that $10 on that's been in my PSN account for a 1,000 years! Thanks for the thread!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#55 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Just dropped $23 on this game, picked up PvZ, Marvel and Avengers tables. Its a blast playing this game.

#56 EspressoSnail

EspressoSnail

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Wow, Zen pinball 2 feels really great! They really improved the pinball physics and it looks fantastic on the vita.

#57 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Looking for some Zen Pinball friends to add to my list. Anyone interested just send me a request.
Last night I was ranked #1 in the world on the Captain America table which was pretty exciting. I'm sure someone will surpass my score but it was pretty neat to be ranked #1.

So far I have the classic tables, Mars, Ninja Gaiden, Plants Vs Zombies and Captain America.
I'm probably going to but two more of the single tables today and then pick up the marvel packs at a later date.

The game is excellent on the Vita and I can't wait for them to release some more tables.

#58 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

When playing in portrait mode, what control scheme is everyone using? Other than the touch screen, it seems they forgot to include one that makes sense. I like using actual buttons.

#59 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

When playing in portrait mode, what control scheme is everyone using? Other than the touch screen, it seems they forgot to include one that makes sense. I like using actual buttons.

100% right! They did this in Pinball Arcade too! One the PSP you could use 2 face buttons on pinball arcade which was fantastic and both of the VITA games only let you use the touch screen...I'm super annoyed! Why don't they just let you map your own buttons? So lame!

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#60 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

100% right! They did this in Pinball Arcade too! One the PSP you could use 2 face buttons on pinball arcade which was fantastic and both of the VITA games only let you use the touch screen...I'm super annoyed! Why don't they just let you map your own buttons? So lame!

And in the FAQ, they say that you can map buttons and then proceed to explain that you can't. LOL. Set configs only.