Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: 360 Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition

• Please log in to reply
1486 replies to this topic

#91 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

I went to 3 stores around my area, all 3 were sold out. 2 of the 3 stores said they had them in stock on the website, but I called a 4th store that showed 'low stock', and the lady was nice enough to hold it for me.

#92 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

Did the conversion to used start nationwide for UC3: CE? I called around and stores have it for $100 still. Might have to wait a few days.

Would it even be worth it to ask how much it is or is it more wise just to go in and get it?

I would go into the store to buy it. Once they scan the game it should come up the discounted price.

#93 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm hoping that they change the price on their site to $18 for UC3: CE and than I can price match at BestBuy or Frys since it'll be available at a store close by.

#94 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Why does gamestop have to close at 8. :( I hope my store still has one as the website says low stock.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#95 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

Of course the guy on phone for one of the Gamestops I called was like "ummm Uncharted 3 doesn't have a collector's edition. Those are usually just pre-order bonuses". Seriously.

#96 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

Why does gamestop have to close at 8. :( I hope my store still has one as the website says low stock.

The website is not accurate. I went to a store that says in stock and they don't even have the normal version.

#97 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

I went to 3 stores around my area, all 3 were sold out. 2 of the 3 stores said they had them in stock on the website, but I called a 4th store that showed 'low stock', and the lady was nice enough to hold it for me.

Apparently what ever stores that had them in stock at the time they were converted to used will still show even if they have sold them. The search is somewhat frozen in time. The in-store system can't even search for UC3 CE new anymore.

#98 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

What the Fuck is with people expecting stores to hold merchandise that they could sell to the next customer that comes in?:roll: Stores are first come first served in my opinion. You want the deal, drag your lazy ass out there NOW if your store is still open and go grab it.

But don't sit here and say you're gonna have a shit fit if the item you have them holding you gets sold to someone since it's not yours until you PAY for it.

This reminds me of when Hollywood Video was still around and they'd have the $5 pre-owned game sale. I'd go in there the night before to scope out what they had as far as stock and then set my alarm so I'd be the first person by the door in the morning. Then when I get there in the morning , 90% of the good games from the shelves are being pulled by an employee for people who 'put them on hold'.

Fuck that. I'm here now, sell me those games that're on hold that I checked to make sure they were in stock yesterday.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#99 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

Luck of the draw.

And yes, I agree with you on that. ><

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#100 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

What the Fuck is with people expecting stores to hold merchandise that they could sell to the next customer that comes in?:roll: Stores are first come first served in my opinion. You want the deal, drag your lazy ass out there NOW if your store is still open and go grab it.

But don't sit here and say you're gonna have a shit fit if the item you have them holding you gets sold to someone since it's not yours until you PAY for it.

This reminds me of when Hollywood Video was still around and they'd have the $5 pre-owned game sale. I'd go in there the night before to scope out what they had as far as stock and then set my alarm so I'd be the first person by the door in the morning. Then when I get there in the morning , 90% of the good games from the shelves are being pulled by an employee for people who 'put them on hold'.

Fuck that. I'm here now, sell me those games that're on hold that I checked to make sure they were in stock yesterday.

i didnt notice anyone complaining about that...and gamestop does hold games i think most people are complaining about employees hoarding for themselves. i dont think anybody who works at a game store really cares about "making the sale". but yeah im with you in the sense that i wake up early for the deals and haul ass

#101 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

The chick said I should've preordered it and the only ones they "used" to have left were ones people didn't pick up. Lol.

lol i like how she tried to sell you on the preorder probably oblivious to the fact u didnt want it for a 100 lol.

#102 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

I honestly don't care if the employees grab them or not either. They work there, they get paid pretty shitty and they are the first people to know about the markdowns.

Posted Image

#103 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

I honestly don't care if the employees grab them or not either. They work there, they get paid pretty shitty and they are the first people to know about the markdowns.

Actually when I worked at Gamestop I got a good amount pay. I was only a game advisor and only got minimum wage but I got good hours. It's not like its an extremely hard job that should give employees $10+ an hour.

Still, had a great time working there and hope to work there again.

I do hate it when employees hoard stuff. At least take one, not all of them.

#104 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Apparently GameStop has been rated one of the worst companies to work for in America.
http://www.gamespot....ork-for-6391521

I agree that its a bad career choice since its hard to move up in the company but as a College job, its great. I didn't have any issues working there but others might have.

#105 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

I'm not mad at all if employess buy items that get marked down, etc. I just plain don't like getting lied to. About holding, if they its in their policy to hold items and then they sell the item to someone else, thats a pretty messed up thing to do.

If that's the case and the employee that was at the first game stop I went to had it on "hold" and I came in ready to buy it but told the other employee no because he was going to buy it later, I think I have every right to be upset with that.

#106 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

I'm not mad at all if employess buy items that get marked down, etc. I just plain don't like getting lied to. About holding, if they its in their policy to hold items and then they sell the item to someone else, thats a pretty messed up thing to do.

If that's the case and the employee that was at the first game stop I went to had it on "hold" and I came in ready to buy it but told the other employee no because he was going to buy it later, I think I have every right to be upset with that.

So in your opinion it's completely OK for you to have them hold something for you for possibly as much as a day or more, but if an employee says they intend to buy it and it's on hold for them it's not kosher?:roll:

Posted Image

#107 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

No, what im saying is, if you have a problem with me asking them to hold something, you should have as much as a problem with the employee holding them, lol.

Also, had nothing to do with being lazy. I had to go to work and tomorrow is my day off.

And the only problem I really had with the employee telling the other employee to not sell it to me because he was going to buy it later was they weren't at least upfront with me about. If thats the case, thats cool and I respect that, but just tell me that and not whisper it to each other in the back room.

#108 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

You're right. I should take issue with an employee saying they intend to buy it but not buying it immediately. But they at least intended on buying it later that day. You want them to hold something until you decide to finally come in tomorrow. Meanwhile, any number of customers could come in looking for it and end up missing out because of your 'hold' assuming they go through with it.

Posted Image

#109 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

Hey, its their policy to hold items for a day. Its no different then If I order items on their website for store pick up. So I don't really feel about about that.

I don't know why you think im being lazy or taking my time to do it or anything. I drove to a store today, then called several stores till one actually even bothered to look to see if they had it. By the time that happened, I had 30 minutes till I had to go to work and the store is at least 30-40 minutes away.

#110 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

Show me where in their policy they say they will hold something for a day for people. It's not online from what I've seen.

I mean, I know they hold stuff that you pre-order for 24-48 hours usually. But unless you do in-store pickup on something it might only be a store to store policy and YMMV.

Posted Image

#111 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

Its basically the store pick up. I've had several stores offer to hold items for me and they have all told me they hold items for 24-48 hours. Most stores have a 24 hour hold period on items.

#112 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

lol i like how she tried to sell you on the preorder probably oblivious to the fact u didnt want it for a 100 lol.

I just wanted to tell her I didn't want to pay 100 for that. Haha. Trying to give me a small lecture and all. I told her the CE is the big box and she thought it was the other things. Haha

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#113 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

But the store pickup is online only. Basically what you asked for is for a courtesy hold on a product, they have no legal requirement to hold that for you though.

Posted Image

#114 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

Its more,, i'd be upset if they sell it after they said they would hold it (they offered, I didn't ask) after everything I had to deal with today with GameStop.

Honestly, doing a store pick up on line and calling a store and asking them to hold an item is the same thing.

But honestly, ill just drop this now. It is what it is and we can agree to disagree.

#115 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

And be friends!

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#116 MidnightRider1

MidnightRider1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

Struck out on the first stop , but the second one was a good stop and it was sealed.

#117 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

So happy I saw this thread before closing time, been looking for the Uncharted 3 CE forever just for the steelbook. I was out of the country when Best Buy finally clearanced it, and I'm never actually at a Target when they decide to mark it down.

Just wanted to add that calling the store is really hit-or-miss. First store I called showed "In Stock," not even "Low," but when I asked if they had any left the girl said "No" and hung up right away. From past experience, I'm pretty sure all the copies there are going to be gutted. Thankfully, the girl at my local store called around for me and managed to get one put on hold. Now I just need to make room for the statue...

#118 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

Thanks OP. Picked up 2 of the U3 CEs (one each from two different stores, even used a $5 off used coupon on one too). Neither store knew that the CE had been converted to used. There were two left at one store (both immediately claimed by staff) and one left at the other (also immediately claimed by staff) after my purchases. This doesn't look to be too hard to find in the SoCal area though and the stock checker online seems pretty accurate. Wouldn't risk calling to check stock as staff seems to be jumping on this as soon as they're made aware of the deal...

#119 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

To b honest employees actually should have last dibs on this kinda stuff i dunno if ne ones worked retail but retail employees are usually supposed to wait to the end of their shift to buy if a customer wants the item it should go to the customer..its good business practice. Shit like employees hoarding for themselves keep people from coming back in l. Gamestop really need to clean up their act in offerimg better sales..layimg pressure off employees which in turn causes some of thrm to be douches to employees...better and more clear return policies. Their market share dropped ten percen...and im guessing its due to customer service and these shenanigans they pull. Again nothing against the employees ots just corporate creates such a hostile work environment..and before someone says anything about the declining sales of video games...the used market is totally different and has huge markups if gamestops shares dropped ten percent its the culture of the company and not the video game industry as a whole declining

#120 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Show me where in their policy they say they will hold something for a day for people. It's not online from what I've seen.

I mean, I know they hold stuff that you pre-order for 24-48 hours usually. But unless you do in-store pickup on something it might only be a store to store policy and YMMV.

Ur right i dont think its an official policy but as u prob know its pretty common that gamestop will hold till end of business day for u. But its completely wrong if they sell the item if they said they will hold it for u...thats very bad business. Now i agree with u that they shoupdnt have to hold an item for u for more then one business day as that is selfishly taking away for someone else to purchasrle the item including the employee