Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

• Please log in to reply
1782 replies to this topic

#271 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

So my local gs says they have NEW instock but highlighted yellow.does that mean they are the used ones ?
Posted Image

#272 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

So is the online gamestop tracker for the "New" collector's edition a reliable way to track one down or is it totally random whether or not a store has it?

It's a good indicator of which stores HAD it in stock new, but whether it is still available is extremely YMMV. It could be:

a. Yes, it's still there and complete
b. Yes, it's still there but on hold for someone else
c. No, somebody already bought it today (I don't think their inventory system updates until the next morning)
d. No, they already gutted or sold it without changing their "NEW" inventory count

#273 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

So is the online gamestop tracker for the "New" collector's edition a reliable way to track one down or is it totally random whether or not a store has it?

thats what i did and it worked like a charm. i might pick up another one
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#274 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Just got the only copy of AC3 LE around me for 50 miles. It is a PS3 version and I got it for $40.49 after PUR. The 20% coupon did not work on it.

#275 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

I asked at my local GameStop and the manager pulled a mint copy from the stock room. It rang up for $49.99 ($44.99 after discount). I was pretty happy getting it as cheap as I did.

Posted Image

16Z462z.jpg

#276 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

It's a good indicator of which stores HAD it in stock new, but whether it is still available is extremely YMMV. It could be:

a. Yes, it's still there and complete
b. Yes, it's still there but on hold for someone else
c. No, somebody already bought it today (I don't think their inventory system updates until the next morning)
d. No, they already gutted or sold it without changing their "NEW" inventory count

Thanks

thats what i did and it worked like a charm. i might pick up another one

Thanks. Had to go to 3 diff gamestops that showed in stock to finally get 1. Finally scored one though.

#277 247

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

I asked at my local GameStop and the manager pulled a mint copy from the stock room. It rang up for $49.99 ($44.99 after discount). I was pretty happy getting it as cheap as I did.

Posted Image

No tax? You win.

#278 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Just got the only copy of AC3 LE around me for 50 miles. It is a PS3 version and I got it for $40.49 after PUR. The 20% coupon did not work on it.

it stacked with my 20$ off used game coupon earlier. that employee must have done something wrong
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#279 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

it stacked with my 20$ off used game coupon earlier. that employee must have done something wrong

Yeah, the 20% off birthday coupon worked on mine too. Got it for ps3.

#280 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Was able to snag 2 of these in SoCal, and the :360: version is ringing up at $44.99 base, not $49.99 like the used version is listed online (as the pic of another CAG's receipt above also seems to illustrate). So just an FYI, there doesn't appear to be a price difference between the two versions in-store.

#281 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

No tax? You win.

;) I live in Maine but my nearest Gamestop is across the state line in New Hampshire. Works for me.

16Z462z.jpg

#282 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

If I had held off... Maybe, but I only want the notebook and statue. Wouldn't be worth the hassle.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#283 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Usually I can scrounge one of these up when they get converted. I got Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Max Payne 3, SW: ToR, etc.... No go with this one, nothing within a 100 mile radius and every Gamestop I called stated that it's "Not even in our system anymore". :(
Two by two they enter the jungle, and soon they number more...

#284 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

So how are you guys searching for AC III? I go to the Gamestop website and it only shows locations for new ones (which come up zero of course) and not used (converted) ones

#285 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I always pick these up and gut them myself. It has been a year since I got lucky though, was Mortal Kombat. The boy loves his scorpion/subzero bookends lol, only wish there was cool shit like this when I was 9 and played the original on snes :/
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#286 Crazypanda_85

Crazypanda_85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

No luck in the Atlanta area :( Too many people saying that "Sold out" or "If we had them converted, we can't sell them as a bundle anymore", which I know isn't true because I worked for GS for over two years :/ I guess it wasn't meant to be...

#287 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

So how are you guys searching for AC III? I go to the Gamestop website and it only shows locations for new ones (which come up zero of course) and not used (converted) ones

You might actually have to go to the store. :shock:

I know, terrible right?

16Z462z.jpg

#288 notremiss

notremiss

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I was very lucky with this. Yesterday I was running around to all the GameStop's in my area to do some trade in's. Didn't even know about them being converted till I saw it on the back counter with the pre-owned sticker on it for $49.99. I had a small heart attack when I realized I could use the 20% off pre-owned coupons I had in my pocket. Also as I was purchasing that the employee mentioned he had another one sitting in the back room. I promptly purchased that one as well and walked out with two limited editions for $36.99 each. Good day indeed.

#289 stageman12

stageman12

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Was able to reserve one :360: copy yesterday, picked up today. Still sealed, but I got the 3rd degree from the clerk ... "why did you reserve this? How did you hear it was converted?" Told him it was on a website, LOL.
Currently playing:
:ps3: Borderlands 2
:360: Darksiders
Wii U Super Mario Bros U
:3ds: New Super Mario Bros 2
:wii: Skyward Sword
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts
:gc: Paper Mario 1000 yr Door

#290 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Was able to reserve one :360: copy yesterday, picked up today. Still sealed, but I got the 3rd degree from the clerk ... "why did you reserve this? How did you hear it was converted?" Told him it was on a website, LOL.

Haha! He was probably mad because he had his eye on it.

Edit: not sure if this is happening for anyone else, but it seems we can't use the stock locator to find these anymore. Gonna make it a little tougher now.

#291 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

was the max payne 3 collectors edition converted to used ? my gamestop aperently has one and after discounts i can get it for 20$
Currently playing

690739.png

#292 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

was the max payne 3 collectors edition converted to used ? my gamestop aperently has one and after discounts i can get it for 20$

Yes it was. A while ago too. I picked mine up for that price for PS3.

#293 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

really now ? !!!!! i think im gonna try and get this today. this after yestudays assassins creed score would make this a great cag weekend for me :D
Currently playing

690739.png

#294 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm pretty sure that was a sale. It didn't ring up as used...at least I though.

#295 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that was a sale. It didn't ring up as used...at least I though.

Hm, well either way I remember it was 20.

Heres a link with more info.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340891

#296 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yeah i grabbed one used as well from GS. Im surprised it hasnt been destroyed.

#297 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

No luck for me, called 6 different stores.

#298 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

That's why you had no luck...but I don't blame you with how much gas is.

#299 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Thank you so much OP and contributors. I called 4 of the bigger Gamestop stores in my area with no luck. Usually I find good deals like this or penny guides at these stores, but they all said "it's impossible to find one of these now" or "I think those were preorder only, but I'll check."

I was running errands and stopped by a smaller gamestop to get a .99 cent MAG and .99 cent America's Kitchen DS, and they had a xbox 360 Assassins Creed III CE hidden in one of the cabinets. I used the birthday coupon and Powerup card to buy it for only $35.99. It has the $49.99 preowned price tag one of the employees put on yesterday.

The outer box wasn't sealed at all, but all the stuff inside is still sealed. Is this how everyone's CE is? Maybe because the manufacturer had to put that "gamestop exclusive uber DLC preorder" edition of the game inside.

#300 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Shocking!

"gamestop exclusive uber DLC preorder" edition of the game inside.

Damn. Was just telling my self I wasn't going to go check a store that had "In Stock" late last night, but now I think I may be back on a mission. :-k

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png