Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

• Please log in to reply
1965 replies to this topic

#31 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Went yesterday to a GS and asked if they had any MK CE and the guy said he might, so he goes and checks and says they must have taken it the day before because he had seen it in the back and tells me they have a TE one :D . So i ask for the price and it rings up 34.99 new and he calls his manager and he says they can't sell it cause its defective. :cry: . so i finish my purchase and go. I was so excited for a moment.

#32 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

subscribed! Thanks yo

#33 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Went yesterday to a GS and asked if they had any MK CE and the guy said he might, so he goes and checks and says they must have taken it the day before because he had seen it in the back and tells me they have a TE one :D . So i ask for the price and it rings up 34.99 new and he calls his manager and he says they can't sell it cause its defective. :cry: . so i finish my purchase and go. I was so excited for a moment.

Damn it, I'm sucker for sticks! I'm supposed to be studying today, but will have to take a break and go to the mall and check this out.

Also subscribed!

#34 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

There are reports in the TIV thread that Alpha Protocol has been converted to used and copies are $7.99.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#35 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

There are reports in the TIV thread that Alpha Protocol has been converted to used and copies are $7.99.

Thanks for the info. I rarely check that thread, so I would've missed it for sure.
Posted Image

#36 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Seems to be true. Stopped by gamestop and saw a couple used copies of it in like new condition.

#37 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Seems to be true. Stopped by gamestop and saw a couple used copies of it in like new condition.

Added to OP. Wasn't able to check myself since I didnt open Wednesday.

There was a big list of conversions a week ago, but it was older games from 2-3 years ago (Nothing of interest).

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#38 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Added to OP. Wasn't able to check myself since I didnt open Wednesday.

There was a big list of conversions a week ago, but it was older games from 2-3 years ago (Nothing of interest).

You might want to list them too if possible. You never know, one of them probably is a hidden gem.

Im not sure if these are official conversions too but i was able to get the following games this week in-store that had new stickers on them but rang up as used too...

PS2:
1. Mana Khemia: Alchemist of Al-Revis
2. Soul Nomad

#39 redrum666

redrum666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

picked up these converted new to Pre-Own both for ps2
Devil Summoner 2 with Bonus Limited Edition Raiho Plushie $17.99
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love Premium Edition $17.99

#40 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

picked up these converted new to Pre-Own both for ps2
Devil Summoner 2 with Bonus Limited Edition Raiho Plushie $17.99
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love Premium Edition $17.99

What was your 3rd game? GS still has the B2G1 deal on ps2,gc,psp! hehe!
I wanted to get sakura wars premium edition too but the one at my store had a crappy box so i passed on it.

#41 redrum666

redrum666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

What was your 3rd game? GS still has the B2G1 deal on ps2,gc,psp! hehe!
I wanted to get sakura wars premium edition too but the one at my store had a crappy box so i passed on it.

Persona 1 on the psp
the sakura wars box was beat up a bit but the game was sealed and the other items were mint

#42 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Well that explains why the alpha protocol I picked up on the 3rd was mint, lol. For a bit I thought it was luck....decent game btw, nothing phenomenal but for the price you could do worse.

#43 jinxpalm

jinxpalm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I so want a gears 3 epic edition. Not sure how long these things take.

#44 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Update with SR3 conversion & Cubic Ninja.

A bunch of DS games got converted as well, but it wasn't any titles people would interested it. (Mainly shovel-ware)

#45 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

tagged
Posted Image

#46 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Found a MK Kollector's Edition today.It was still marked as $100 so i'm glad I remembered this thread.

538822.png

#47 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

They converted all new copies of Dead Rising:Off the Record to used. I picked one up today. Just figured I'd let fellow CAGs know.

#48 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm sure that this must have happened a while ago, but I found one in store and bought it (in aB2G1 no less): Two Worlds Collector's Edition (at least the 360 version) was converted to a pre-owned, regular Two Worlds version for $4.99.

Workin on it

#49 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

Dead Island (Reg only) converted today.

#50 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Sorry, forgot about this thread for a little bit. Some other stuff got converted. I'll have a more info tomorrow night. But the big titles were WWE 12 and Army of Two 40th.

#51 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

The Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition was converted to use, so it should be $18.99 in stores. Most stores probably gutted the contents though, and just put the game case out for sale.

#52 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

What does converted to preowned mean? They couldn't sell the game new so they opened the wrapper and put it up as used? If so that's really dumb since they sell used games for like $5 cheaper

Most of the time, they don't open the wrapper, they just change the sticker and the status in the system. However, Gamestop often opens New games and sells them "New" (note, I'm agnostic about this and not trying to start a discussion about gutting games), so it's all YMMV.

Workin on it

#53 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

I picked up yesterday COD Modern Warfare 3 Hardened edition- brand new, but converted to used and Deux Ex Human Revolution (Augmented) also new, but converted to used. Both were converted sometimes last week some trime I think.

#54 Carbonite

Carbonite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I have never heard of this.

I take this to mean that the games are still in new packaging but the price drops to used so they can get rid of them. Does this also affect the price if you have the loyalty card thing and what about returning it within 7 days?

#55 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

I have never heard of this.

I take this to mean that the games are still in new packaging but the price drops to used so they can get rid of them. Does this also affect the price if you have the loyalty card thing and what about returning it within 7 days?

The loyalty card (power zone card) does give you 10 % extra off since these are sold as used items. Also you can return the games within 7 days if you want for full refund.

#56 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Picked up Brothers in Arms Hells Highway for 360 yesterday for $5.99, had NEW sticker right behind USED one.

#57 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm waiting for gow epic edition to be converted. It been taking forever especially the price is still $100. A price drop or converted to used would be nice.

#58 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Found an Uncharted at Colma, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area. Guy said he would have to open the game before selling it to me. Shit, it was the last one, why not not sell as is? Rhetorical question. South San Francisco, Tanforan Mall, Serramonte Mall and Westlake Shopping Mall in Daly City were out. Gamestop at Bayhill Shopping Center was gone.

#59 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Picked up Brothers in Arms Hells Highway for 360 yesterday for $5.99, had NEW sticker right behind USED one.

Play it, one of my favorites on the 360.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#60 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

The Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition was converted to use, so it should be $18.99 in stores. Most stores probably gutted the contents though, and just put the game case out for sale.

Dude, you rock! I picked one up and the employee was stunned when he scanned the box (which was in mint condition and still sealed). Even he did not know. They had one more in stock but his coworker called dibs on it. Thanks for the heads up. :)