Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

• Please log in to reply
1821 replies to this topic

#121 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

The Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition.

http://www.gamestop....s-edition/91256

Thank you and whoever let CAG advanced notice of the Uncharted 3 MSRP drop. I locked in the $18+ tiv at amazon mid this month and picked a CE yesturday after work. 1st GS was a dissappointment but scored on the 2nd. They paid me a dollar for relieving them of their Uncharted 3 CE swag.

#122 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Both of my local GS stores that were showing up as low stock yesterday still are showing low stock this morning. Maybe I'll head over there after going to the local shop to see if I can grab a PS3 component cable and a Dual Shock 2 for the PS2 I got for $7 from a thrift store down the line.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#123 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

I might swing by a few other stores on my way to GS. I checked and all the stores still say in stock that said they didnt have it yesterday. Even the ones that show they had more than 1 in stock still show in stock. If I manage to pick up more than 1 i'll see if anyone on here wants them. (would just have to pay what I paid for it + shipping)

#124 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hmmm. i'll place myself as a potential person

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#125 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Please notify me when GS start doing these with Ipads, I have GS credit to burn. ;)

#126 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Just called my GS and the lady said they ran out of UC3 CE's this morning, damn.

#127 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

could be both

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#128 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

All gamestops are telling me that they took out uncharted 3 CE from the system so they don't sell them anymore. Are they lying to me like GS bit*hes or are they actually telling the truth?

They actually told you the truth... Hence the converted to pre-owned.

All the U3 CEs will scan at U3 (regular) pre-owned price.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#129 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Manage to grab a copy for 17 after powerup, thanks ops

#130 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

I checked the Gamestop tracker and there were about a dozen stores with these supposedly in stock, so I called one that was on my way home and the clerk said they didn't have any.

I called the next and he knew right away that they had been converted to used and explained that makes the online and in-store tracker incorrect. Essentially, Uncharted 3 CE has been removed from their system and has been converted to the used SKU. He didn't have any in stock, but recommended another store.

I checked with that store and was told they hadn't had any in a while, but he recommended another store that usually has CEs in stock.

That store didn't have any, but the clerk had worked another store the night before and knew that there were some in-stock.

I called that store and they held two for me. The clerk was surprised to see the adjustment and immediately bought the third and last.

tl;dr: None of the stores showing stock had stock. A store not showing stock had three.

#131 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

So should I ask them to look up the pre owned version in their system?

No, you need to go to your store and check.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#132 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Got my copy that I had on hold. Dude was shocked it rang up so cheap. The assistant manger was there and told me same thing about tossing out the extra stuff and just putting the game out as used.

#133 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

just tried for an uncharted 3 ce that was sitting up on the wall, wouldn't scan. Guy spent 30 mins on the phone tryin to figure out what was up. Didn't get an answer before closing.. Will call me when he finds out whats up. We'll see.

#134 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Kingdom hearts CE on 3DS either converted, dropped in price, or was still available at some stores. I think it is $55.

#135 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

Kingdom hearts CE on 3DS either converted, dropped in price, or was still available at some stores. I think it is $55.

Converted to used and still rings up 55?

#136 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

Converted to used and still rings up 55?

Ok, I figured it out. Apparently this is hard to find now and some stores still have it in stock. The price is still $55. No conversion.

#137 THT

THT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

What's Persona 3 Special Edition? Is that the original release with the artbook/soundtrack?

Yup.

Arkham City CE should be converting soon.
Conquering others is strength. Conquering yourself is true power.

Currently Playing
:ps3: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
:ps3: Journey
:ps3: Tales of Xillia
:wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
:psp: Persona 4 Golden
:psp: Gravity Rush

#138 Trebuken

Trebuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

just tried for an uncharted 3 ce that was sitting up on the wall, wouldn't scan. Guy spent 30 mins on the phone tryin to figure out what was up. Didn't get an answer before closing.. Will call me when he finds out whats up. We'll see.

I had a similar problem until another employee stepped in and explained it to the gentleman helping me.

Great deal. Now do I open it...

#139 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

I checked the other local GS that was showing low stock on the UC3 CE earlier today and the girl working the counter said her two managers each grabbed one when they dropped to $18.:bomb: She said she also would've wanted to pick up one for herself for that cheap.

Next closest store to me with it showing in stock or low stock is over an hours' drive away, so that's another CE I missed out on the price drop/conversion of. Oh well.

Posted Image

#140 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

Me and you both. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#141 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

I was dedicated and managed to drive 15+ miles to a Gamestop in Atlanta that had two copies left. I came there and told him that I worked at Gamestop (which I did) and that we clearance the copies and they are being converted to used. I did work at Gamestop and my old employees knew about the deal too.

He managed to do a manager override and give it to me for $20. I wanted the other copy he had for my friend (who was w/ me) but he said he can't sell two b/c of the override. No problem. We went to a Gamestop in Stone Mountain and it ranged up for $20 too.

We got it and now I'm going to sell or trade in my standard edition (keeping the box though) for some cash back.

We called about 15 Gamestops before we got to these though. Most of them were dumb asking us if it was for the PS3 and saying "what Uncharted 3 doesn't have a collector's edition". I swear, why did I ever get laid off when these people don't even know what they're doing.

Either way, I and my friend both scored UC3: CE for $20. All in all, a good day.

Edited by Yigytugd, 30 August 2012 - 01:52 AM.

#142 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Man it sucks to know that you got laid for some dunderdolts. Either they were seriously dumb or were just playing dumb so they could get in on it.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#143 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

I was dedicated and managed to drive 15+ miles to a Gamestop in Atlanta that had two copies left. I came there and told him that I worked at Gamestop (which I did) and that we clearance the copies and they are being converted to used. I did work at Gamestop and my old employees knew about the deal too.

He managed to do a manager override and give it to me for $20. I wanted the other copy he had for my friend (who was w/ me) but he said he can't sell two b/c of the override. No problem. We went to a Gamestop in Stone Mountain and it ranged up for $20 too.

We got it and now I'm going to sell or trade in my standard edition (keeping the box though) for some cash back.

We called about 15 Gamestops before we got to these though. Most of them we're dumb asking us if it was for the PS3 and saying "what Uncharted 3 doesn't have a collector's edition". I swear, why did I ever get laid off when these people don't even know what they're doing.

Either way, I and my friend both scored UC3: CE for $20. All in all, a good day.

Are these really override needed, they just scanned the barcode on mine. Or is the conversion done region to region on the system.

#144 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Not everybody who works at Gamestop is an actual gamer. Some only know what they're told in training(i.e. shill the PUR card and pre-orders). It's like the soccer moms n shit who come into game stores asking employees for a Super Mario game on the 360. They know Fuck all about what their kids are into and could care less as long as it keeps their bratty asses quiet so mommy can watch her soaps or whatever.:roll:

Posted Image

#145 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

Are these really override needed, they just scanned the barcode on mine. Or is the conversion done region to region on the system.

He said he overrid it but I don't believe him. On my recite it reads that it came up as a used standard edition UC3 like it was suppose to. I think he was just hoarding it for himself but either way, he sold me one and we got another one for the same price.

#146 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

Gamestop is pretty universal as far as their pricing goes. Its not like you will go to one store and a used game is 14.99, and you go to another store and the same game is 12.99. If he was able to scan the bar code then it would ring up as 18.99 and the dude just lied to you.

#147 Supra5tar

Supra5tar

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Went to gamestop for their labor day sale, and ended up picking up mass effect 3 CE for 18.99. The clerk was unaware that it had been converted to used, so its probably a recent drop.

#148 GenTrapstar

GenTrapstar

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

How much is wwe12 running for pre owned.

Nvm it's 30.

#149 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Went to gamestop for their labor day sale, and ended up picking up mass effect 3 CE for 18.99. The clerk was unaware that it had been converted to used, so its probably a recent drop.

Which platform?

#150 Supra5tar

Supra5tar

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

xbox 360, forgot to mention that.