The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: Lots of Headsets

• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#61 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Dude, you rock! I picked one up and the employee was stunned when he scanned the box (which was in mint condition and still sealed). Even he did not know. They had one more in stock but his coworker called dibs on it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

No problem, glad I could help.

#62 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

The Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition was converted to use, so it should be $18.99 in stores. Most stores probably gutted the contents though, and just put the game case out for sale.

thanks! got the last one, as always the employee was shock that i knew it more than him.

#63 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

So the website still says its 99.99 but if I go into the store and they still have it, it should ring up 18.99?

#64 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

The Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition.

http://www.gamestop....s-edition/91256

#65 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

So the website still says its 99.99 but if I go into the store and they still have it, it should ring up 18.99?

That is correct. If they tell you $99.99 as the price tell them to scan the box and watch their jaw hit the floor.

#66 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Cool, ill go check this out tuesday then. Hopefully some still have it by then.

#67 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Cool, ill go check this out tuesday then. Hopefully some still have it by then.

The link you posted can be used to track copies in stock nearby. Use the
"Check Availability" link to track one down. That's how I was able to get one.

#68 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Oh yeah, I saw some around me that do. They all close at 6 on sundays though and work tomorrow so tuesday is my best bet. Thanks though.

#69 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm trading in my uncharted 3 copy towards this collectors edition as my gamestop has 2 left
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#70 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Picked up a CE today. I was in store anyway looking for some other stuff.

#71 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

thanks for the info guys, i was able to pick up an Uncharted 3 CE at my local gamestop. it was the last one they had and the employees didn't even know about it.

#72 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

U3 CE added to OP.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#73 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

Thanks guys. I'll drop by Gamestop tomorrow. All the stores around me have been marked as *LOW STOCK sans one. Gonna go out and test my luck. Lol

If they still charge me 99.99, Imma cry. :(

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#74 Kuroknight27

Kuroknight27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

I was able to pick up Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition for $18.99, Thanks.

#75 Quagmilion

Quagmilion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

2 days ago I bought the CE for $43 and thought that was a good deal... DEFINITELY going to try and get another one from a GameStop nearby, all the ones close are *LOW STOCK* so hopefully I can't so I feel better about my "rip off" >.>

#76 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

a few of the GS's around me have the U3 CE in stock. Hopefully I can score one at 10am this morning. thanks for the heads up!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#77 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

No go for me today. Most of the stores I called didnt even bother to look and just said they havent had it in awhile. One said that they were told to send all copies back because they were "recalled". The one store I went to said they had it in the back, but when he went back there another guy was back there and I overheard them talking and he said to tell me they didnt have it because he was getting it later today.

Sucks but ill try going to some of the stores tomorrow that doesnt say low stock and see if they still have them on the floor or something.

#78 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

No go for me. I went to the first store and ask the guy if he has a U3 CE, he just smiles and said not anymore. Yeah, I know where that one went. Not wanting to waste anymore gas I called around and no one else has any in stock. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#79 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just scored one. GameStop employee was oblivious as usual to the price Mark Down. They had two in stock originally it was funny to see how quickly pulled the second one off the shelf for herself. Thanks again opening post.

#80 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Well after a lot of calling around, I found a store that had one and put it on hold for me till tomorrow. Hopefully someone doesn't take it before then.

#81 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

No go for me. Went to one that said In Stock, talked to the employee there and she said they don't have "any" left. Kept saying I wanted the one with the controller or the dual pack.

The other one I went didn't have one on the floor at all.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#82 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

I've had the best luck calling ones in the mall for some reason. They actually took the time to look while other stores just blow me off right when I asked about it and said they havent had any since the game came out or that they were "forced to send them back"

#83 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

The chick said I should've preordered it and the only ones they "used" to have left were ones people didn't pick up. Lol.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#84 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, maybe some are just clueless, but I get the feeling the ones I called probably knew they had been marked down and were holding them for themselves. If someone pre-orders and doesnt pick it up, its not like it just sits there and they never sell it, lol.

#85 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

I wish I had a clueless person. I remembered seeing them a while ago but now its gone. haha. Too lazy to go visit the others in my area now

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#86 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

yeah, I drove to one and when I got the run around there I figured I'd just call all the rest. If I go in tomorrow to this store and they tell me they don't have it after I asked them to put it on hold, I will flip out.

#87 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just got one because the door to the storage room was open and 1 UC3 CE was sitting right there on the shelf in plain view. The cashier was super shocked, but was really cool about it and congratulated me on a great find. I put down a preorder because of how genuinely nice the guy was.

$18.50 or so out the door because of rewards pro, awesome!

#88 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

No go for me today. Most of the stores I called didnt even bother to look and just said they havent had it in awhile. One said that they were told to send all copies back because they were "recalled". The one store I went to said they had it in the back, but when he went back there another guy was back there and I overheard them talking and he said to tell me they didnt have it because he was getting it later today.

Sucks but ill try going to some of the stores tomorrow that doesnt say low stock and see if they still have them on the floor or something.

Yup ymmv, my brother tried to get it at a store and cashier said it was going back sent to the warehouse like with 1 cent strategy guides. So I guess if your store is strict about rules you might not be able to buy it.

#89 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

yeah, I drove to one and when I got the run around there I figured I'd just call all the rest. If I go in tomorrow to this store and they tell me they don't have it after I asked them to put it on hold, I will flip out.

Never call. There's a damn good chance that you just tipped off employees who locked you out of the deal so they could buy it and sell off the swag.

#90 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Did the conversion to used start nationwide for UC3: CE? I called around and stores have it for $100 still. Might have to wait a few days.

Would it even be worth it to ask how much it is or is it more wise just to go in and get it?

Edited by Yigytugd, 28 August 2012 - 12:15 AM.