The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an idea to make this good idea even better. I think you should post the price so people Sony have to waste time looking them up on the website. Thanks for this thread op as these conversiones have been happening more latley :)

[quote name='perdition(troy']Without prices along with the games this topic is pointless.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not pointless since when it's converted it goes to the game's normal used price which is easy to find out. Stop being lazy since he's already done the hard work of making the list and finding out whats been converted and say thank you.

[quote name='coopscohen']I saw a MK Kollectors but it was still tagged as new at a GS last week. Would it have rung up as used?[/QUOTE]

yes it should ring up as a used vanilla MK

Crimson gem saga has been converted to used as well. I got a new copy last week for the used price. Now you just have to be lucky enough to have a store with a copy of the game to begin with.

Thanks for this list, it's a great idea.

Last week during the B2G1, I found a new Steambot Chronicles (PS2) and was told it had been converted to used pricing. I'm not sure when or if it was just in that store, but maybe someone else can confirm it.

[quote name='oldboy26']yes it should ring up as a used vanilla MK[/QUOTE]

Damn. Now I have to remember which store I saw it at. I went to almost 10 stores during the B2G1 sale trying to hunt down games.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood Collectors Edition for 360 was converted to used. Found one during the B2G1 sale and it was $24.99 and still sealed.

I went to GS the other day and seen one then asked her to check because I remembered this but she just punched it in. She didn't actually get it down and she said it was $79, now this girl has only been there for a couple weeks. Any tips. It was the MK CE. Lucky they have it way up on the shelf like the War in the North I found the other day.

[quote name='Exhausted Dad']I went to GS the other day and seen one then asked her to check because I remembered this but she just punched it in. She didn't actually get it down and she said it was $79, now this girl has only been there for a couple weeks. Any tips. It was the MK CE. Lucky they have it way up on the shelf like the War in the North I found the other day.[/QUOTE]

If it was a MK CE, it'll ring up as a pre-owned vanilla MK.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Without prices along with the games this topic is pointless.[/QUOTE]

I didn't post prices because they change all the time. Check the GameStop website for the current price.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I have an idea to make this good idea even better. I think you should post the price so people Sony have to waste time looking them up on the website. Thanks for this thread op as these conversiones have been happening more latley :)[/QUOTE]

360/PS3/Wii games price changes happen all the time, which is why I didn't post prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
...also remember that, if GS hasn't already done so, you can "gut" these yourself, keep the goodies and return the game in 7 days.

BTW, I thought folks hated mega threads. :)

God of War 3 collectors edition dropped to pre-owned a while ago, no way one is floating around but if you see it, it preowned price.

i'm pretty sure Duke Nukem Balls of Steel for PS3 was converted. It's gone of the website and they reduced the 360 version to $20.

Here is my update. I went back to GS last night and they still had the MK CE. This time there was a guy working there that has been there for awhile. I asked if he knew about them converting games to preowned and he did but said he had just tried MK a couple weeks ago for himself and it didn't work. But he was really cool and said he would try it again for me. Of course it worked this time and I walked out with it for $31 after my PUR membership. Now all I have to do is return my older used MK vanilla edition and get my $ back. woohooo.
BTW we got to talking about consoles and stuff and the rumors about the new ones not playing used games.He got his manager to come over and she showed me a e mail they had gotten that day from corporate that said that rumor was false. Now I realize it is gamestop and not MS or Sony co. but I thought it was still good to hear.
Thanks again OP for the thread.

[quote name='oldboy26']i'm pretty sure Duke Nukem Balls of Steel for PS3 was converted. It's gone of the website and they reduced the 360 version to $20.[/QUOTE]

Nope it isn't. I just bought a sealed copy of the ps3 balls of steel edition for $20.

Subbed.
tgvhjk
Thanks op.

I finally got to the GS that I believed had the MK CE and sure enough they did on pegs touching the ceiling marked $59.99. The CSR had to get a ladder to get it. Anyway, long story short, it did ring up used as mentioned and I did get it. Thanks OP for reminding me about this.

[quote name='Vinny']What's Persona 3 Special Edition? Is that the original release with the artbook/soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Not FES.

[quote name='Donut2922']Ass Creed Bro for PS3 was converted at the same time as the Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

Added to OP.

[quote name='sasukekun']Yep. Not FES.

[/QUOTE]

It's unfortunate that some of the lamer stores will just destroy and throw out the extras.

[quote name='Exhausted Dad']Here is my update. I went back to GS last night and they still had the MK CE. This time there was a guy working there that has been there for awhile. I asked if he knew about them converting games to preowned and he did but said he had just tried MK a couple weeks ago for himself and it didn't work. But he was really cool and said he would try it again for me. Of course it worked this time and I walked out with it for $31 after my PUR membership. Now all I have to do is return my older used MK vanilla edition and get my $ back. woohooo.
BTW we got to talking about consoles and stuff and the rumors about the new ones not playing used games.He got his manager to come over and she showed me a e mail they had gotten that day from corporate that said that rumor was false. Now I realize it is gamestop and not MS or Sony co. but I thought it was still good to hear.
Thanks again OP for the thread.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put too much stock into that. We won't know what their plans are until they have a press release at E3 of next year. If that's the case, I'll just wait until the games hit bargain bin prices or snag certain titles from my reward sites.

Great idea on the thread. I'll keep an eye out on it. I know some people will come to the thread; not read the OP, and ask the same question over and over again. That's just how this sites works. At least it brings in more traffic for Cheapy.

thx OP for this thread! a mgr told me about the 'new' to 'pre-owned' conversion & said something about how converted product #s were different from 'regular' pre-owned product #s: true? l8r went to another GS to confirm this conversion practice & CSR looked at me like 'WTF are you talking about?' and said flat out 'no, we don't do that.' was she lying or clueless?

hey op, so it looks like you haven't gotten there yet but I know Warhammer 40k got converted last week as well as a bunch of lame wii games

[quote name='ivana89']thx OP for this thread! a mgr told me about the 'new' to 'pre-owned' conversion & said something about how converted product #s were different from 'regular' pre-owned product #s: true? l8r went to another GS to confirm this conversion practice & CSR looked at me like 'WTF are you talking about?' and said flat out 'no, we don't do that.' was she lying or clueless?[/QUOTE]

This is not true...in the GS computer system, games are listed by name as either new or used (both with different sku's) There aren't two sku's for used and one for new...when they are converted to used it just gets thrown under the used sku.

Went yesterday to a GS and asked if they had any MK CE and the guy said he might, so he goes and checks and says they must have taken it the day before because he had seen it in the back and tells me they have a TE one :D . So i ask for the price and it rings up 34.99 new and he calls his manager and he says they can't sell it cause its defective. :cry: . so i finish my purchase and go. I was so excited for a moment.

[quote name='Borellius']Went yesterday to a GS and asked if they had any MK CE and the guy said he might, so he goes and checks and says they must have taken it the day before because he had seen it in the back and tells me they have a TE one :D . So i ask for the price and it rings up 34.99 new and he calls his manager and he says they can't sell it cause its defective. :cry: . so i finish my purchase and go. I was so excited for a moment.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, I'm sucker for sticks! I'm supposed to be studying today, but will have to take a break and go to the mall and check this out.

Also subscribed!

[quote name='MSUHitman']There are reports in the TIV thread that Alpha Protocol has been converted to used and copies are $7.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I rarely check that thread, so I would've missed it for sure.

[quote name='MSUHitman']There are reports in the TIV thread that Alpha Protocol has been converted to used and copies are $7.99.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be true. Stopped by gamestop and saw a couple used copies of it in like new condition.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Seems to be true. Stopped by gamestop and saw a couple used copies of it in like new condition.[/QUOTE]

Added to OP. Wasn't able to check myself since I didnt open Wednesday.

There was a big list of conversions a week ago, but it was older games from 2-3 years ago (Nothing of interest).

[quote name='sasukekun']Added to OP. Wasn't able to check myself since I didnt open Wednesday.

There was a big list of conversions a week ago, but it was older games from 2-3 years ago (Nothing of interest).[/QUOTE]

You might want to list them too if possible. You never know, one of them probably is a hidden gem.

Im not sure if these are official conversions too but i was able to get the following games this week in-store that had new stickers on them but rang up as used too...

PS2:
1. Mana Khemia: Alchemist of Al-Revis
2. Soul Nomad

picked up these converted new to Pre-Own both for ps2
Devil Summoner 2 with Bonus Limited Edition Raiho Plushie $17.99
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love Premium Edition $17.99

[quote name='redrum666']picked up these converted new to Pre-Own both for ps2
Devil Summoner 2 with Bonus Limited Edition Raiho Plushie $17.99
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love Premium Edition $17.99[/QUOTE]

What was your 3rd game? GS still has the B2G1 deal on ps2,gc,psp! hehe!
I wanted to get sakura wars premium edition too but the one at my store had a crappy box so i passed on it.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']What was your 3rd game? GS still has the B2G1 deal on ps2,gc,psp! hehe!
I wanted to get sakura wars premium edition too but the one at my store had a crappy box so i passed on it.[/QUOTE]

Persona 1 on the psp
the sakura wars box was beat up a bit but the game was sealed and the other items were mint

bread's done
Back