The Darkness II Limited Edition Xbox 360 & PS3 $30 + FS @ Newegg

I'm tempted I must say, submitted to Amazon in case they match it.

My backlog is laying heavy on my mind in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benjamouth']I'm tempted I must say, submitted to Amazon in case they match it.

My backlog is laying heavy on my mind in this case.[/QUOTE]

True. I hate paying sales tax. Submitted as well.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Which version is better ps3 or xbox?[/QUOTE]

Both were really close on lensoftruth but they ended up siding on the xbox version.

how did people get the steelbook i was thinking it came a CE of the game

[quote name='starmask2k3']how did people get the steelbook i was thinking it came a CE of the game[/QUOTE]
LE was just an upgraded standard edition. The CE has the steelbook.

Would order no question, but I ordered a new computer from newegg 6 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it :/

Shipping to an APO in South Korea though, but still... not worth wondering where this thing is if it doesn't show up.

I have no idea if this game is good or not, but it is the quickest I've ever seen a somewhat high-profile game drop in price so quickly, and is a shining example of the industry itself telling you not to pay full price for games unless you HAVE to have it day 1. They point their finger at used games hurting sales, but this is such a damaging trend for the publishers/developers (although of course good for consumers in the short term). Why on earth pay $60 plus tax for any game when it's going to come down so quickly. And I really don't think any game is immune to this anymore except perhaps a few Nintendo first-party titles or titles people think they want because they're rare. Look how quickly Reach and Gears 3 dropped. I think it already had dipped to $30 for the regular edition last month on Amazon.

The publishers/developers whine about there being no "sell through" after the initial month of sales, and after that people just buy the game used. Here's an idea, if you priced your games more reasonably, like say even $40 MSRP, you'd have a much higher sell through and the used game market wouldn't have such of an impact except on people who were never going to pay more for than $15 for the game new or used anyway.

This is a pretty damn good deal at $30. The single player of this game was fun and I really liked the individual stories behind each relic (collectables in the game) that were really well thought out. Co-op is fun but I don't think there is really a whole lot there.

[quote name='shadow17x']This is a pretty damn good deal at $30. The single player of this game was fun and I really liked the individual stories behind each relic (collectables in the game) that were really well thought out. Co-op is fun but I don't think there is really a whole lot there.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I played through the Xbox 360 version and enjoyed the story and voice acting. I really liked that once you played through the game you can play again through game + mode with the powers you gained through first playthrough.

I picked up the PC download on Amazon for $12. Not sure why it dropped so quick... it's a great game. Great art direction and great single player.

I red box'd it on release day. Beat it in about 8-9 hours, then played some MP. Not a bad game at all. The alternate ending is great also. If you choose the right one, it's really interesting :)

Great game but I am in the same boat as a few others, there just isn't enough here to really make me go out and pay $30 for the game when Best Buy will likely drop the price sometime this month with that $10 coupon to stack.

My review of the game if anyone has an interest in reading it> HERE

Are all new copies limited edition? I would pick this up for the codes (makes the collectibles appear on the mini-map, and I am an achievement guy), but if all new copies are limited edition - i will just wait for the inevitable gamefly sale.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I have no idea if this game is good or not, but it is the quickest I've ever seen a somewhat high-profile game drop in price so quickly, and is a shining example of the industry itself telling you not to pay full price for games unless you HAVE to have it day 1. They point their finger at used games hurting sales, but this is such a damaging trend for the publishers/developers (although of course good for consumers in the short term). Why on earth pay $60 plus tax for any game when it's going to come down so quickly. And I really don't think any game is immune to this anymore except perhaps a few Nintendo first-party titles or titles people think they want because they're rare. Look how quickly Reach and Gears 3 dropped. I think it already had dipped to $30 for the regular edition last month on Amazon.

The publishers/developers whine about there being no "sell through" after the initial month of sales, and after that people just buy the game used. Here's an idea, if you priced your games more reasonably, like say even $40 MSRP, you'd have a much higher sell through and the used game market wouldn't have such of an impact except on people who were never going to pay more for than $15 for the game new or used anyway.[/QUOTE]

The game's single-player story can be beaten in ~5-6 hours, its multiplayer is short and lackluster and it can be 1000/1000 achievements (or platinum'd, as it were) easily in 15 hours. There's no reason to hold on to this game.

Pricing at $60 on release captures all of the (relatively) inelastic purchasers who would get the game regardless. It's true that this game in particular is not worth $60, but it makes more sense to reduce the price gradually as people get more privy to the "true value" of a game. Don't forget that consumers still value "brand new" and allow it a premium above the used market and eBay and other sources for resale aren't the best to arrive at the "true price" due to the fees which the seller eats up most of the time because you're dealing with elastic consumers at that point. Still even all of this is a load of shit because consumers are obscenely ignorant anyways and the video game market is not in any sense efficient.

[quote name='Hellhunt']Are all new copies limited edition? I would pick this up for the codes (makes the collectibles appear on the mini-map, and I am an achievement guy), but if all new copies are limited edition - i will just wait for the inevitable gamefly sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems like Bulletstorm. I saw one "normal" edition Bulletstorm at BBY used and I have no idea where the guy (who traded it in) got it from. I think this is the same. The normal edition might exist but I don't think most, if any, stores have run out of stock of the LE (or will).

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I have no idea if this game is good or not, but it is the quickest I've ever seen a somewhat high-profile game drop in price so quickly, and is a shining example of the industry itself telling you not to pay full price for games unless you HAVE to have it day 1. They point their finger at used games hurting sales, but this is such a damaging trend for the publishers/developers (although of course good for consumers in the short term). Why on earth pay $60 plus tax for any game when it's going to come down so quickly. And I really don't think any game is immune to this anymore except perhaps a few Nintendo first-party titles or titles people think they want because they're rare. Look how quickly Reach and Gears 3 dropped. I think it already had dipped to $30 for the regular edition last month on Amazon.

The publishers/developers whine about there being no "sell through" after the initial month of sales, and after that people just buy the game used. Here's an idea, if you priced your games more reasonably, like say even $40 MSRP, you'd have a much higher sell through and the used game market wouldn't have such of an impact except on people who were never going to pay more for than $15 for the game new or used anyway.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with Jay on everything but he's right. It's not just the used market itself but a combination of things. It's the technology and internet age we're in as well.

Amazon eBay and other online retailers have added competitive pricing and given buyers more purchasing power. In the old days i could only think of buying used SNES carts for $6 off MSRP through ads on Nintendo Power magazines or the random garage sale. We didnt have as much choice as to where we could get our games. Nowadays i can pick up a game for much cheaper today on craigslist on my way home from work. The access available has increased the supply of the used market itself.

[quote name='Donut2922']I don't agree with Jay on everything but he's right. It's not just the used market itself but a combination of things. It's the technology and internet age we're in as well.

Amazon eBay and other online retailers have added competitive pricing and given buyers more purchasing power. In the old days i could only think of buying used SNES carts for $6 off MSRP through ads on Nintendo Power magazines or the random garage sale. We didnt have as much choice as to where we could get our games. Nowadays i can pick up a game for much cheaper today on craigslist on my way home from work. The access available has increased the supply of the used market itself.[/QUOTE]

Not to get off topic but this is why game companies should be making deals with companies selling used games like WB did with GameStop. There is potential for them to still get a slice of used games sales while helping to give the used game stores an edge in the market. Consumers who are even the least bit informed can typically find better deals through many other outlets (such as CAG). If used game sales go more towards the private consumer to consumer direction, which is easier than ever to do, these companies will never get anything out of it.

I want to bite on this, but this is extremely indicative of what is to come. This game will be even cheaper before long, and honestly, there is just no reason not to wait.

This game was fun while it lasted. Once I finished it, I didn't have any incentive to play through the game again. I'm not the one to play online at all. It's always an after thought to me. Once you get enough of the power-ups, you can breeze through the rest of the game. Don difficulty wasn't that hard.

LOL we are all so jaded. Newegg has it for 30, well hell, Bestbuy should have it for 20 by end of the month i do declare!
i love cags!

I was much happier paying the $2 Redbox fee. The game is so short, and unless you just like the MP, I'd say just rent it for the campaign and save yourself $28.00

[quote name='thegame85']for some reason i thought this was the collector's edition...I'll wait.[/QUOTE]
Likewise. I rented it and played through it on Xbox and really enjoyed it. I want it for my collection though but $30 is still too much, especially considering I finished it already. If this was the CE I might actually bit but the LE doesn't come with squat.

are all copies in the wild (whether from newegg or amazon) guaranteed to be the limited ed. or have there been subsequent non-limited ed. printings?

bread's done
Back