EA has the worst customer support ever

KansasFF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So a little context. I have contacted EA 4 times over the past 3 weeks trying to cancel my Mass Effect 2 order.

Here is the transcript from my latest chat. Talk about awful CS!

Thank you for contacting Origin Help Center.
A transcript of your recent chat with one of our representatives is available below.
While this email address isn't set up to receive your replies, you can log in at help.origin.com and click on
the 'My Cases' link to reconnect with us about any additional concerns.
General Info
Chat start time Apr *****, ***** *****:*****:***** AM EST
Chat end time Apr *****, ***** *****:*****:***** AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) *****:*****:*****
Operator Masood
Chat Transcript
info: Your approximate wait time is ***** minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Masood.
Masood: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Masood how may I help you?
you: Hey Masood
Masood: Hello Joe
you: I was told last Thursday I would be contacted within two days regarding my cancellation
you: of Mass Effect *****
you: I haven t gotten that confirmation yet
Masood: Joe have you previously contacted us from canceling your order?
you: yes
you: on the case that I referenced
you: when opening this
Masood: Joe may I know the order number?
you: Is it not already attached to the case?
Masood: Joe your last case number is not searchable at our end, that s why asking for a order number.
you: why did I reference it when picking the chat option
you: if they don t give you guys the tools to utilize my previous case lol
you: *****
Masood: Joe the order has been completed and sent to the fulfiller. This status will remain until the fulfiller
acknowledges that.
you: The previous case
you: The gentlemen said he cancelled it
you: and I would get confirmation
you: within ***** hours
you: that was last Thursday
Masood: Joe I’m sorry to say, it’s not cancelled.
you: So cancel it please?
Masood: Joe may I know, why you want to cancel it?
you: Because I don t want it
you: And it has been ***** weeks since I ordered it
Masood: This is not the genuine reason to cancel your order.
you: What do you mean?
Masood: We can’t cancel the order simply because the gamer don t like it.
you: What are you talking about?
you: I’ve never played the game
you: I didn’t say I don t like it
you: I said I no longer wish to receive it
Masood: You just said that you don t want it. Then may I know, why you ordered it?
you: Because I ordered the product over ***** weeks ago and have received no communication or
shipment. I no longer wish to receive the product.Masood: Please note that your order can t be canceled just because of your this reason. For more info,
please contact our phone support by dialing this toll free number: *****-*****-*****-*****
you: Umm
Masood: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Oh, I think Bioware gives them a run for their money. At least you get a real person from EA; in SWTOR all you ever get is automated responses from 'droids' that usually have nothing to do with your request. In fact, CS is non-existent in that game.

id like to vote for dell. everytime i used to call them i always got someone who didnt speak English well enough to be of any help so then i get to feel like a racist when i ask to speak with someone who can speak english.

[quote name='lokizz']id like to vote for dell. everytime i used to call them i always got someone who didnt speak English well enough to be of any help so then i get to feel like a racist when i ask to speak with someone who can speak english.[/QUOTE]
Is their customer support still located in India? I thought they had changed that.

Back when I had a Dell, I had to call CS a few times. When they were in Texas, it was decent, but the service went downhill after the move to India. They would just follow the script to the letter and that was that.

[quote name='blueshinra']Is their customer support still located in India? I thought they had changed that.

Back when I had a Dell, I had to call CS a few times. When they were in Texas, it was decent, but the service went downhill after the move to India. They would just follow the script to the letter and that was that.[/QUOTE]

i dunno its been years sine i had that dell but i remember the frustration of trying to get help over the phone from them.........

Did you try the email option? I have much better luck with email customer support from EA than Live Chat. I had an online pass issue one time and decided to do live chat. It took forever to get a representative, once I got a rep he took a long time to reply, and in the end he basically told me to go back to the retailer.

After that I chose the email option as a last ditch effort and surprisingly 24 hours later, the email rep provided me what I needed which was a new online pass key.

[quote name='lokizz']id like to vote for dell. everytime i used to call them i always got someone who didnt speak English well enough to be of any help so then i get to feel like a racist when i ask to speak with someone who can speak english.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I used to get annoyed with AOL's customer service back in the day due to that very reason. If you called in the daytime, you might get lucky and get someone from a U.S. call center. But if you had to call at 1-2am for some reason, forget about it.:whistle2:#

In related news, my ME2 on 360 actually shipped today. I'm happy to be done with Origin for the foreseeable future. Although if they offer the same sort of deals on similarly desirable games in six months, I'll likely bite again.

[quote name='Kerig']Well, they did win an award for Worst Company this year. Looks like they're earning it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that's more a reflection on reddit being populated by naive children as opposed to them actually earning a spot as the worst company of the year.

bread's done
Back