Xbox Live Gold Starter Kit

thefurrypanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I just bought this product the other day and I'm having a really hard time getting people to hear me through the included mic. As there's no option it seems to make me louder. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for a new 360 owner to fix my problem.

there's a volume control on the mic's on/off switch. so either they have it low or your mic might be crappy to begin with...the other thing is you might just need to speak directly into the mic.

the other option...invest in a higher end headset, i.e. turtle beach.

The standard Xbox 360 headset is pretty hit and miss. Sometimes it seems to work fine. Other times people can't hear me unless my lips are practically touching the mic and I'm shouting into it. I think it's just not that great of a product.

With the standard 360 mic, you really need to practically eat the mic because of the noise cancellation built into the mic and you need to enunciate. Have the mic as close as possible to the opening of your mouth. If you have a big head, then you might be SOL.

And the other possibility is your mic is DOA. You won't know until you try another.

not knocking my southern or midwestern XBL friends at all, I find that sometimes if I speak like I'm from the south/midwest ppl understand me better...though generally I am soft spoken and reservsed. I do this when I speak with customer service and the rep sounds like she's a southern belle. the speed of which I can get through a call is worth it.

Midwesterners don't have an accent. :lol: Although I always drum up a drawl for my relatives in Michigan who think Missouri is "the South."

anything south of the mason dixie line is considered south, but i've been all around the country on business...there's definitely some twang in states mid west and even NW. Might be the air quality...I'm a big fan of Big Sky.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']I just bought this product the other day and I'm having a really hard time getting people to hear me through the included mic. As there's no option it seems to make me louder. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for a new 360 owner to fix my problem.[/QUOTE]

You sure it's not on Mute?

[quote name='dotCody']You sure it's not on Mute?[/QUOTE]

this comment reminds me of a tip. flip the toggle switch back and forth.

Sounds like it is working just fine. Mics only work on xbox live when the user is shouting homophobic or racial slurs, or is a 12 year talking shit about his "mad skilz" and how you are "a fuckin' noob"

Just kidding, pull out the plug, plug in back in and turn the volume control. Also send someone you know a message over live and see if they can hear you

[quote name='kklems']Just kidding, pull out the plug, plug in back in and turn the volume control. Also send someone you know a message over live and see if they can hear you[/QUOTE]

you can also record a voice message and hear what you sound like to others.

or just join a party so that multiple people can chime in. with a party, you know exactly who's connection is causing the problem. when it's 1-on-1, you have no idea what the problem is.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Midwesterners don't have an accent. :lol: Although I always drum up a drawl for my relatives in Michigan who think Missouri is "the South."[/QUOTE]

Although some of us grew up in southern Illinois and went to college in western Kentucky so that can lead to my drawl. :)

well I'm sure its my mic, because if I "ate" it and shouted my friends could understand me. I have a big head so it sits off to the side but it literately doesn't work unless its against my lips and im making out with it. I really don't have the cash to buy a new headset so should I just complain to microsoft and say its broken and hope to get a better one. Or am i SOL?

[quote name='thefurrypanda']well I'm sure its my mic, because if I "ate" it and shouted my friends could understand me. I have a big head so it sits off to the side but it literately doesn't work unless its against my lips and im making out with it. I really don't have the cash to buy a new headset so should I just complain to microsoft and say its broken and hope to get a better one. Or am i SOL?[/QUOTE]

If you can't get the mic right in front of your mouth, then you can either get a nicer mic (like a TB headset, save up for it!) or you can set your 360 to output your friends' chat through your speakers and put your headset off your ear so that you can get the mic right in front of your mouth (like putting the ear piece on your cheekbone so that the boom and mic can reach your mouth). Since you're no longer using the earphone part to hear your friends, now you can move it closer to your mouth. yeah, it's not a great solution but you learn to live with it. Or if you can hear them through your headphone with it off your ear, the better.

The regular 360 headset is too short for my big noggin too. As a result, it would chop up my words so that friends would hear every other word which annoyed everyone. But once I ate the mic, they could hear me clearly.

I kinda get that but the problem is I literately have to have it touching my lips or they dont hear me at all. and then it's still suuuuper quite for them and they have to turn up thier headsets and then everyone else is to loud and its just a mess. x.x

bread's done
Back