[Futureshop] Select PS3 dual packs, 2 for $50, Free Shipping

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 stmack

stmack

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

http://www.futuresho...up.aspx?Id=5317

Includes:
God of War Origins (Ghost of Spara, Chains of Olympus)
ICO Collection (ICO, Shadow of the Collusus)
Jak & Daxter Collection
Resistance 1 & 2

#2 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

huh.. i guess you're right.. all this time I've been talking about this deal on RFD and we never had a thread here. I picked up the Res pack and Ico myself. Now i have two copies of Res2.. trying to offload one on Kijiji or something

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#3 AftComet

AftComet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

huh.. i guess you're right.. all this time I've been talking about this deal on RFD and we never had a thread here. I picked up the Res pack and Ico myself. Now i have two copies of Res2.. trying to offload one on Kijiji or something

On your receipt it'll show one as $39.99 and the other as $9.99. Just return the $39.99 and keep the $9.99. LOL. This works because it doesn't come up as a bundle or anything, nor does it say combo on the receipt. It just shows it as a regular price (no discounts or anything).

BB/FS should have made it so both games come up as $24.99 instead.

Lol, their loss. And don't worry, this isn't fraud or anything. This worked for the E3 sale. Where you had to buy 3 to get one free. They'd all come up as $39.99, and then you could return the one you didn't want.

#4 Naylord

Naylord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

On your receipt it'll show one as $39.99 and the other as $9.99. Just return the $39.99 and keep the $9.99. LOL. This works because it doesn't come up as a bundle or anything, nor does it say combo on the receipt.

Lol, their loss. And don't worry, this isn't fraud or anything.

This will seroiusly work!? Have you done this?

#5 AftComet

AftComet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

This will seroiusly work!? Have you done this?

I edited my post to add more to it. But I believe so. I'm going to go do it tonight or tomorrow night. I know it worked for the E3 sale. It was basically the same thing. I have multiple orders :lol:

#6 stmack

stmack

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Darn just checked mine (picked up ICO and Jak packs) and the one I'd rather keep is the higher of the two. Oh well, can't complain, still a good deal.

#7 AftComet

AftComet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Darn just checked mine (picked up ICO and Jak packs) and the one I'd rather keep is the higher of the two. Oh well, can't complain, still a good deal.

The deal is still online. Order it again in reverse and return the other one. :bouncy:

It's a win/win situation. As long as you don't open it you can return it no matter what. And you have a 99% chance of this working.

#8 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I've done it before. It was with Uncharted 2 GOTY and another someother game I had returnted.

Thinking of doing it again this year. With either FS or BB.

#9 AftComet

AftComet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

I've done it before. It was with Uncharted 2 GOTY and another someother game I had returnted.

Thinking of doing it again this year. With either FS or BB.

And it worked right? No questions asked.

#10 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Can't remember exactly; I might have gotten the games in two shipments. I know I got $40 back on my credit card. They almost always ask question for the reason of the return.

#11 AftComet

AftComet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Can't remember exactly; I might have gotten the games in two shipments. I know I got $40 back on my credit card. They almost always ask question for the reason of the return.

What's a good reason? I'm actually going through this in my head. If they say it's part of a combo, I'll play dumb and say one game was a PM I did over the phone and I'm returning the other one as I found a better price somewhere else.

Sounds plausible.

And by no questions asked, I meant I you don't get CSRs who investigate it or something.

#12 stmack

stmack

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Just picked mine up and they were both listed as $25 each on the receipt, they must've learned from their mistakes.

#13 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

At least you can still get one for $25.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#14 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

On your receipt it'll show one as $39.99 and the other as $9.99. Just return the $39.99 and keep the $9.99. LOL. This works because it doesn't come up as a bundle or anything, nor does it say combo on the receipt. It just shows it as a regular price (no discounts or anything).

Lol, their loss. And don't worry, this isn't fraud or anything. This worked for the E3 sale. Where you had to buy 3 to get one free. They'd all come up as $39.99, and then you could return the one you didn't want.

i'll show the pics... but no... i went on day one and both games were discounted to $25. Hmm.. then again she didn't know about the sale until it popped up. Maybe now that they're aware of the sale they're doing it wrong... how... backwards.

Edited by shrike4242, 11 April 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#15 Sennyize

Sennyize

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Ok a very noob question but can this deal be redeemed in store?
EDIT: Yea.. Sorta dumb question on my part just looked at the flyer >_<
Might grab GOW Origins Jack and Daxter

Edited by Sennyize, 11 April 2012 - 08:56 AM.
As to not double post

#16 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Please keep the questionable discussions to yourself and don't post about it on the site.

#17 Wikkidkarma

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

In a sense this is true. But it's also up to the retailers to protect consumers by issuing limits. If anyone is able to clear out a store, there's something wrong with the retailer's.

For example, if DS3s are on sale, there is no reason for someone to buy 20. 5 I can understand. 10 or 20 is unreasonable.

But it's not exactly reasonable to expect the retailers to have to limit clearance sales. These sales happen to get rid of stock, so it's more beneficial to them to have one person take everything, freeing up that shelf space immediately, rather than have the stock trickle out.