Dead Island: Anyone on here playing this co-op?

If so, how is it and how would you say it would handle someone with a low end high speed connection? I know I could never stay connected to Red Faction: Guerrilla for mp due to my slow speed DSL connection.

So how is this game at handling a slower speed connection and how's co-op over the net in general in this game?

I ask because I'm noticing that many of the cutscenes show all four available characters, even if you're only playing solo, and I just wanna see how the game runs with 4 people playing it.

As it stands I'm really starting to hate some of the tanks/brutes you run into once you get out of the resort area. I unloaded every shot I had on the guns I've picked up so far to kill a couple of them since there were no propane tanks around to blow up near them.

Just electrocute the brutes to death and the Rams can only be killed from behind. I played co-op on PC, but it was fairly smooth when the damn thing worked without crashing us. No idea if people are even still playing this TBH, so you might just want to try and see for yourself. The game is actually more intense if you play solo though.

Once you get four players, the difficulty is a joke and gets real boring fast.

[quote name='Jodou']
Once you get four players, the difficulty is a joke and gets real boring fast.[/QUOTE]Truth. I don't think I've ever been so surprised by such a nosedive in difficulty in a game. It's still fun as long as you're playing with people that like horsing around and shit, though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's still fun as long as you're playing with people that like horsing around and shit, though.[/QUOTE]
I.e playing chicken with gas canisters lol. We had to finally stop once we were almost out of money from dying haha.

I've been doing well enough on my own with getting killed trying to take down the rams and other brutes/tanks without getting swamped by those green aura zombies that poison you when they get too close in the streets of the town. I think I went from $11-$12k down to $7-8k in about an hour or so.:roll:

But at least I finally did figure out that using the propane tanks makes those tanks/brutes way too easy to kill. Though one of the rams went out after being on fire and close to dying and then he took me out because I got too close.:lol:

Otherwise though I'm having a lot of fun with this game, moreso than I thought I would considering it was mainly fetch quests for so long in the beginning of the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've been doing well enough on my own with getting killed trying to take down the rams and other brutes/tanks without getting swamped by those green aura zombies that poison you when they get too close in the streets of the town. I think I went from $11-$12k down to $7-8k in about an hour or so.:roll:
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think the game got a lot harder when you moved to the town because of the larger groups of zombies and then the humans with guns. But I've gotten through the Jungle and Lab and it not as difficult in my opinion. Plus money becomes less of an issue, was up to 50K... once you start finding guns you can sell them for quite a bit and safes will give me 3-5K usually.

Moltovs, grenades and canisters can make groups easier if you see them first.

Once you realize that the rams can only be hurt from behind, it makes them fairly easy if they are the only enemy attacking you. I try to burn thugs first but also if you try to cut off their arms, then they can only bite you.

Do diamonds have any use other than selling for cash? I've been hoarding the ones that I got not knowing if they are used to build or upgrade any thing... same goes for Flares (after the one quest) and the LP400 Battery?

I haven't intentionally played co-op. I did have a person join my game which surprised me. We didn't really play together because I didn't want to play co-op yet. If you want to try out how it works, let me know. I would be happy to test it with you!

[quote name='cheapfrag']Do diamonds have any use other than selling for cash? I've been hoarding the ones that I got not knowing if they are used to build or upgrade any thing... same goes for Flares (after the one quest) and the LP400 Battery?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you build the dev weapons with diamonds which are incredibly OP if you're the footballer who uses thrown weapons. My favorite is the one that insta-kills any normal zombie, so you just throw, boomerang, throw, retrieve, etc. If you stab anything with them, they break after like 10 hits but throwing does zero durability so yeah. . .

Let my friend borrow it and he gave it back yesterday. Hit me up for some co-op as I haven't done any yet. Played through the entire game once as solo, but didn't have luck getting in co-op before. Would love to get some in.

i know you dont like to but you need to spend money in the game to get better stuff lol. also i think the more people you play with the better the items you can find. i played the hell out of that game when i got it and co-op is awesome but on the flipside the more people in your group the more difficult the enemies will be.

i was playing that military guys dlc recently but stopped due to almost tossing a controller the fucking enemies are damn hard and they just keep coming.keep your eyes out for that kill bill sword you get that and add a mod to it and youre damn near unstoppable ( either the death stalker mod or electro mod). its near the end of the game.

if you ever need help lemme know. oh yeah be careful when making things theres some odd damn bug in the game where weapons can disappear.

Did they ever fix the item throwing glitch? you used to be able to equip a throwable weapon, look at the ground and throw it. Mid throw animation, pull up your hud and drop the weapon. When you close the menu, there will be 2 weapons on the ground. Just keep doing this until you can afford the most expensive throwable weapon at the shop, and then upgrade that weapon and do it some more until you have a ton of money. It was also nice for just plan old weapon duplicating. That way you never had to worry about throwing a nice weapon and not recovering it, or possibly wearing out a weapon mid fight.

[quote name='nbballard']Did they ever fix the item throwing glitch? you used to be able to equip a throwable weapon, look at the ground and throw it. Mid throw animation, pull up your hud and drop the weapon. When you close the menu, there will be 2 weapons on the ground. Just keep doing this until you can afford the most expensive throwable weapon at the shop, and then upgrade that weapon and do it some more until you have a ton of money. It was also nice for just plan old weapon duplicating. That way you never had to worry about throwing a nice weapon and not recovering it, or possibly wearing out a weapon mid fight.[/QUOTE]
Yes, and it was a helpful glitch honestly. I lost plenty of weapons because the targeting is awful and bodies would fall off cliffs sometimes.

I haven't played this game since launch. If anyone still plays online...i'd love to jump in since there are trophies for it.

PSN: synical just put DI if adding me or I might delete your invite.

I'm on PSN as a shortened version of my name here(CheapestGamer) if anyone wants to add me to play this. I'm usually on later at night(9-10pm EST) mainly.

I only put up that PIaystation3Sux name cuz I kept getting so many random friend requests from folks here who don't play the only other game I play online(GTA IV/Episodes) and I never played any games with most of them n ended up having to delete them later on.

ill add you to my cag account then. havent used it to play di but it shouldnt take that long to level up some weapons.

Bumslie and I are about to start playing this. I think he has someone who we're going to play with as well so we need one more for the four person squad. I'll hit up some people in here.

If I remember correctly, I'm a level 17 or so as of now. I'll double check in a lil bit. I know I've been upgrading as soon as I get the points to do it. I've mainly been focusing on upgrading the offensive stats as of now though.

I have a character that finished the game once already, then before my friend borrowed it, I started a new game with a new character to prep for the "Finish Chapter 1 as all 4 characters" trophy or whatever it is. So I have a relatively low character, a high level character, and two others I would be willing to start.

bread's done
Back