Lollipop Chainsaw for PS3 Preorder is $45 at TRU w/FS

yeah like shadows of the damned and others. wish i could support the devs at this price, but ill wait til cheap new and support them that way ;)
when games like mw3 and ff13-2 etc are on sale, you know these lesser titles will drop like a rock. just look at asura's wrath/syndicate/blades of times/etc.

[quote name='Scorch']This will tank to $20 within six weeks of its release.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately after seeing what happened to Shadows of the Damned, I'm inclined to agree. These "cult" titles really need to be priced in a way that gets people who would otherwise wait for a price drop to hop on board sooner. Remember when NFL 2K5 was released brand new for $20? That decision proved so lucrative for Sega that EA signed an exclusivity deal with the NFL.

[quote name='Scorch']This will tank to $20 within six weeks of its release.[/QUOTE]
It will if everybody shares this mentality. It's a shame that games worth playing like this and Alice as well as SotD always flop because everyone waits. I know we're on CAG and that's the point, but even so. :cry:

I always try to support GrassHopper as much as possible, but I have gotten burned each and every time with buying all their titles day 1.

Killer 7, No more heroes 1, no more heroes 2. And they all drop so quickly down it hurts. I really want this title so we shall see.

[quote name='MotzCTG']I always try to support GrassHopper as much as possible, but I have gotten burned each and every time with buying all their titles day 1.

Killer 7, No more heroes 1, no more heroes 2. And they all drop so quickly down it hurts. I really want this title so we shall see.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but we all have to face the facts that it's going to the bin pretty fast. The good news is that people who like Grasshopper & Suda won't have to wait long for a price drop.

Shadows Of The Damned was pretty great for the $15 I bought it for.
Same goes for NMH 1 and 2.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Same here, but we all have to face the facts that it's going to the bin pretty fast. The good news is that people who like Grasshopper & Suda won't have to wait long for a price drop.

Shadows Of The Damned was pretty great for the $15 I bought it for.
Same goes for NMH 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

I don't "mind" buying these titles for full price as I have in the past as they are really great, but it just is upsetting to talk into a store or see on amazon them drop by like $40 a few weeks later. I remember pickup up Killer 7 when I worked at Gamestop for the full $50 and then like a month later we had it on sale for $10.

I think I have finally learned my lesson.

Shadows of the Damned didn't drop as quickly as people seem to be saying. I remember because I got it at release, and a couple other members here were waiting a while for any kind of sale. It really didn't get cheap for a few months.

I'll be buying this game because I'm a fan of Grasshopper.

[quote name='ihadFG']Shadows of the Damned didn't drop as quickly as people seem to be saying. I remember because I got it at release, and a couple other members here were waiting a while for any kind of sale. It really didn't get cheap for a few months.

I'll be buying this game because I'm a fan of Grasshopper.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had to wait a long time for Shadow's of the damned to drop. I wound up buying it from Gamefly, used, for $15 during the holidays, so that was 5 going on 6 months after release.

I haven't seen enough of this game to really get my interest worked up, and also I have a bit of a backlog to clear through, otherwise $45 free shipping seems a good deal.

We're talking about two different publishers, too.

There have been some surprising games lately where I expected instant price drops and they either took many, many months to come or it still hasn't happened. I would've thought Asura's Wrath would at least have dropped to 29.99 by now.

[quote name='Bosamba']Unfortunately after seeing what happened to Shadows of the Damned, I'm inclined to agree. These "cult" titles really need to be priced in a way that gets people who would otherwise wait for a price drop to hop on board sooner. Remember when NFL 2K5 was released brand new for $20? That decision proved so lucrative for Sega that EA signed an exclusivity deal with the NFL.[/QUOTE]

That would have been the best $20 i spent on a game that year, if not for Katamari Damacy.

I remember getting Alice for 30 just a couple months after release, and SOTD was something similar, maybe I paid 40 for that one. I understand both sides of the coin on this debate despite being a CAG. My issue, however is that I just really don't feel like any game is really worth paying 60+ for...I pay 40 for what I really want and 20 or less for most others, regardless of what development team created it.

[quote name='JoshTX']I remember getting Alice for 30 just a couple months after release, and SOTD was something similar, maybe I paid 40 for that one. I understand both sides of the coin on this debate despite being a CAG. My issue, however is that I just really don't feel like any game is really worth paying 60+ for...I pay 40 for what I really want and 20 or less for most others, regardless of what development team created it.[/QUOTE]

45 is an ok price for this game for a day 1 releas. This game is on my amazon wishlist but I still won't buy it until it hits 30 or less. It looks like a fun game.

Even a huge known IP like final fantasy cannot sustain a 59.99 price point. It took just 2 months and 2 weeks fror FFx-2 to go from "59.99" to 29.99 currently on amazon. or even 15 at bestbuy with coupon.

I went to see what the price of madden 12 was on PSN.... listed for 59.99... 9 months after release.. and its 59.99 on PSN.... talk about a scam. Another reason I hate digital and PSN

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']It will if everybody shares this mentality. It's a shame that games worth playing like this and Alice as well as SotD always flop because everyone waits. I know we're on CAG and that's the point, but even so. :cry:[/QUOTE]

not really due to the mentality. its just 60 dollars for a game that will like damn near every other game tank in price in a month or two. heck ME3 i saw it a WEEK LATER for 40 bucks somewhere. i cant remeber where. but seriously 60 bucks is just downright ridiculous in some aspects. ME3 will probably now be stablizing at around that price.

that aside some games need a 30 dollar price point. not all games are worth 60 bucks. they just arent.

put this game at 30 bucks it triples in day 1 sales easily. at 30 i'd preorder this now. at 60 nope.

games like COD can launch at 100 bucks probably and still outsell the previous one.

FF - 13 -2 im shocked hit 15 bucks with a coupon so fast.

i think i am finnally learning my lesson 60 day 1 isnt worth it in most cases.

I got to play this at PAX this weekend and it was really fun if a bit mindless. No problem picking it up at 45

Is there a lead console for the game? I know that when a game uses the unreal engine the Xbox 360 generally performs better, although shadow of the damned supposedly was slightly better on the ps3.

I really hope this game gets enough sales that Suda and Grasshopper will keep making games. I don't want them to think that there is no interest in their games just because people are cags and the fact their games often will get overlooked because it's released right behind or around AAA Tiles :( It saddens me that countless people will run out and buy Halo (Insert # here) and Call of Duty Modern ReSkinnedMaps (Insert # here) while Suda/Grasshopper's stuff doesn't get the love they deserve. Anyone else feel this way?

[quote name='Action Bastard']I really hope this game gets enough sales that Suda and Grasshopper will keep making games. I don't want them to think that there is no interest in their games just because people are cags and the fact their games often will get overlooked because it's released right behind or around AAA Tiles :( It saddens me that countless people will run out and buy Halo (Insert # here) and Call of Duty Modern ReSkinnedMaps (Insert # here) while Suda/Grasshopper's stuff doesn't get the love they deserve. Anyone else feel this way?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but people like us will get flamed for telling the truth.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Yes, but people like us will get flamed for telling the truth.[/QUOTE]
I know :cry: Oh, and before my post get misinterpreted I'm not hating on Halo or CoD. I'm just saying people seem to buy the same thing over and over with minor variation instead of stepping out of their comfort zone to try something new even with decent reviews.

I knew about Shadows of the Damned before anybody I knew ever even heard of it.. had it preordered and bought it new. Have to say I loved that game was well worth it. This though... even though its the same devs.. I'll be waiting to pick this up cheap itll be fun but not one im psyched to get my hands on like SOTD

i bought shadows of the damned new at least once, lol, but cmon, innovative? it was re4.5 with some dick jokes. and i loved it.

[quote name='Action Bastard']I know :cry: Oh, and before my post get misinterpreted I'm not hating on Halo or CoD. I'm just saying people seem to buy the same thing over and over with minor variation instead of stepping out of their comfort zone to try something new even with decent reviews.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't buy that many games so spending $60 on a game they aren't sure about is a risk. However, they know they can get 100s of hours of entertainment from COD and know all their friends will be playing too.

[quote name='CottonGamer']Is there a lead console for the game? I know that when a game uses the unreal engine the Xbox 360 generally performs better, although shadow of the damned supposedly was slightly better on the ps3.[/QUOTE]

At PAX East it was playable on the 360. I'm sure they would want it seen in the best way so I take that as an indication that 360 is the way to go

I think another part of the problem is that people who are interested in Suda's games, are most likely hardcore gamers and purchase a lot of games already, so they will wait for a discount (as history has shown that it will come). Compare this to your average gamer who will buy only a few titles a year and will probably stick with the larger AAA ones.

Also, to the comments about Shadows of the Damned dropping in price quickly, that one had a very slow drop. Only recently can it be found for $20, and it came out nearly a year ago.

[quote name='Action Bastard']I know :cry: Oh, and before my post get misinterpreted I'm not hating on Halo or CoD. I'm just saying people seem to buy the same thing over and over with minor variation instead of stepping out of their comfort zone to try something new even with decent reviews.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I'll hate on CoD all day long. ;)

And yes, Shadows of the Damned may not have been innovative gameplay-wise, but the story and dialogue were uniquely hilarious, plus it was just a blast to play.

[quote name='gryphter']At PAX East it was playable on the 360. I'm sure they would want it seen in the best way so I take that as an indication that 360 is the way to go[/QUOTE]
A comment James Gunn made on his Facebook said to choose the 360 version since they're primarily developing for that system (I'm sure it's accurate and he knows considering he's writing it and working closely with GhM to make it).

Ah geez, this is tempting. I swore I would wait on this one to drop, but it looks like tons'o'mindless fun.

Does toysrus charge right away or when they ship...?

I want this but can't justify the price; but I bought onechanbara at full price and it was taken off the shelves and cannot be found new for normal price.

decisions decisions

[quote name='ephermal']I want this but can't justify the price; but I bought onechanbara at full price and it was taken off the shelves and cannot be found new for normal price.

decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, that didnt get nearly the marketing that this title is getting. WB seems to be pushing the game really hard right now and it doesnt release until june

I'm paying a full $60 at GameStop for this game instead of saving $15. I love Suda51 too much not to pay full price... and this is coming from someone who almost never buys a game full price.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I'm paying a full $60 at GameStop for this game instead of saving $15. I love Suda51 too much not to pay full price... and this is coming from someone who almost never buys a game full price.[/QUOTE]

Same.

I feel I owe it to Grasshopper since I loved NMH and NMH2, but bought both for around $15(1 of which was used). I just like supporting developers I like.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I'm paying a full $60 at GameStop for this game instead of saving $15. I love Suda51 too much not to pay full price... and this is coming from someone who almost never buys a game full price.[/QUOTE]

i think this is another game that suda goichi isnt creative director. but, suda 51 still appreciates your love.

After reading this thread, and the thread linked in this one I think I will grab this game day 1 to support the devs. I really don't have any issue paying 40-45 dollars for new games if I want to play them.

Though I agree that $60 dollars is a bit much for new games and I would much rather see the normal price be something cheaper like 40 dollars for new releases. It just makes more sense that way I think. Lower prices would sell more new games instead of people waiting to buy used.

I love Suda too.. but not that much to give GameStop any money.

[quote name='Action Bastard']I really hope this game gets enough sales that Suda and Grasshopper will keep making games. I don't want them to think that there is no interest in their games just because people are cags and the fact their games often will get overlooked because it's released right behind or around AAA Tiles :( It saddens me that countless people will run out and buy Halo (Insert # here) and Call of Duty Modern ReSkinnedMaps (Insert # here) while Suda/Grasshopper's stuff doesn't get the love they deserve. Anyone else feel this way?[/QUOTE]

The same thing can be said for Madden. As of late, it's the same game every year... I couldn't get into SOTD, but I do like the NMH series. It's sad that a lot of B level titles get lost in the sea of triple AAA titles. Then people wonder why said company closes down. Anybody remember The Saboteur? Pandemic Studios closed shortly after that...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The same thing can be said for Madden. As of late, it's the same game every year... I couldn't get into SOTD, but I do like the NMH series. It's sad that a lot of B level titles get lost in the sea of triple AAA titles. Then people wonder why said company closes down. Anybody remember The Saboteur? Pandemic Studios closed shortly after that...[/QUOTE]

sad but if these people would release their non AAA titles at a 30 dollar price point it would do wonders. i dont know why developers and publishers cant grasp that concept. in the increasingly bad economy and constant fighting for our dollar and the holidays especially being a sea of endless games. we cant all buy 60 dollar games and chances are we will buy halo over odd unknown title that might be amazing but its not guarantteed 60 dollar fun like halo or COD. now 30 dollar fun vs 60 dollar fun...theres a good chance the 30 dollar fun could win.

this title being a summer game stands a better chance thats for sure. but still im not sure its 60 dollars of fun.

When it ships. I had ordered Game of Thrones along with Lolipop and was able to cancel GoT no problem so I could get it off Amazon for the artbook and 99 cent release date. Plus I remembered I had a $10 off coupon I got with the Darkness 2 so I got it for only like 3 bucks more than I would've pain on TRU.

bread's done
Back