Lollipop Chainsaw for PS3 Preorder is $45 at TRU w/FS

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I think another part of the problem is that people who are interested in Suda's games, are most likely hardcore gamers and purchase a lot of games already, so they will wait for a discount (as history has shown that it will come). Compare this to your average gamer who will buy only a few titles a year and will probably stick with the larger AAA ones.

Also, to the comments about Shadows of the Damned dropping in price quickly, that one had a very slow drop. Only recently can it be found for $20, and it came out nearly a year ago.

#32 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

I know :cry: Oh, and before my post get misinterpreted I'm not hating on Halo or CoD. I'm just saying people seem to buy the same thing over and over with minor variation instead of stepping out of their comfort zone to try something new even with decent reviews.

That's cool. I'll hate on CoD all day long. ;)

And yes, Shadows of the Damned may not have been innovative gameplay-wise, but the story and dialogue were uniquely hilarious, plus it was just a blast to play.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#33 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

At PAX East it was playable on the 360. I'm sure they would want it seen in the best way so I take that as an indication that 360 is the way to go

A comment James Gunn made on his Facebook said to choose the 360 version since they're primarily developing for that system (I'm sure it's accurate and he knows considering he's writing it and working closely with GhM to make it).

#34 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ah geez, this is tempting. I swore I would wait on this one to drop, but it looks like tons'o'mindless fun.

Does toysrus charge right away or when they ship...?

#35 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I want this but can't justify the price; but I bought onechanbara at full price and it was taken off the shelves and cannot be found new for normal price.

decisions decisions

#36 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I want this but can't justify the price; but I bought onechanbara at full price and it was taken off the shelves and cannot be found new for normal price.

decisions decisions

Well, to be fair, that didnt get nearly the marketing that this title is getting. WB seems to be pushing the game really hard right now and it doesnt release until june

#37 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm paying a full $60 at GameStop for this game instead of saving $15. I love Suda51 too much not to pay full price... and this is coming from someone who almost never buys a game full price.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#38 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'm paying a full $60 at GameStop for this game instead of saving $15. I love Suda51 too much not to pay full price... and this is coming from someone who almost never buys a game full price.

Same.

I feel I owe it to Grasshopper since I loved NMH and NMH2, but bought both for around $15(1 of which was used). I just like supporting developers I like.

Posted Image

#39 mythus

mythus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

i think this is another game that suda goichi isnt creative director. but, suda 51 still appreciates your love.

#40 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

I posted this deal months ago. It's been at this price for a long time now.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=315829

#41 Hakudoshi

Hakudoshi

20% Cooler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

After reading this thread, and the thread linked in this one I think I will grab this game day 1 to support the devs. I really don't have any issue paying 40-45 dollars for new games if I want to play them.

Though I agree that $60 dollars is a bit much for new games and I would much rather see the normal price be something cheaper like 40 dollars for new releases. It just makes more sense that way I think. Lower prices would sell more new games instead of people waiting to buy used.
Rainbow Dash - Applejack - Twilight Sparkle - Fluttershy - Pinkie Pie - Rarity - Celestia - Luna - Derpy Hooves - Vinyl Scratch - Lyra Heartstrings

#42 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

I love Suda too.. but not that much to give GameStop any money.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#43 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

went ahead and put in an order to at least lock in the price, unless something better comes along

#44 vaxick

vaxick

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

I'm totally buying this at launch. We don't get enough original games so I love to support Suda.

#45 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

I really hope this game gets enough sales that Suda and Grasshopper will keep making games. I don't want them to think that there is no interest in their games just because people are cags and the fact their games often will get overlooked because it's released right behind or around AAA Tiles :( It saddens me that countless people will run out and buy Halo (Insert # here) and Call of Duty Modern ReSkinnedMaps (Insert # here) while Suda/Grasshopper's stuff doesn't get the love they deserve. Anyone else feel this way?

The same thing can be said for Madden. As of late, it's the same game every year... I couldn't get into SOTD, but I do like the NMH series. It's sad that a lot of B level titles get lost in the sea of triple AAA titles. Then people wonder why said company closes down. Anybody remember The Saboteur? Pandemic Studios closed shortly after that...

#46 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

The same thing can be said for Madden. As of late, it's the same game every year... I couldn't get into SOTD, but I do like the NMH series. It's sad that a lot of B level titles get lost in the sea of triple AAA titles. Then people wonder why said company closes down. Anybody remember The Saboteur? Pandemic Studios closed shortly after that...

sad but if these people would release their non AAA titles at a 30 dollar price point it would do wonders. i dont know why developers and publishers cant grasp that concept. in the increasingly bad economy and constant fighting for our dollar and the holidays especially being a sea of endless games. we cant all buy 60 dollar games and chances are we will buy halo over odd unknown title that might be amazing but its not guarantteed 60 dollar fun like halo or COD. now 30 dollar fun vs 60 dollar fun...theres a good chance the 30 dollar fun could win.

this title being a summer game stands a better chance thats for sure. but still im not sure its 60 dollars of fun.

#47 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

I held out for Halo CEA hoping for a drop. It hasn't dropped yet and I'm still waiting. I can wait on this one too.

#48 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Does TRU charge you now, or when it ships?

#49 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

When it ships. I had ordered Game of Thrones along with Lolipop and was able to cancel GoT no problem so I could get it off Amazon for the artbook and 99 cent release date. Plus I remembered I had a $10 off coupon I got with the Darkness 2 so I got it for only like 3 bucks more than I would've pain on TRU.

#50 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

When it ships. I had ordered Game of Thrones along with Lolipop and was able to cancel GoT no problem so I could get it off Amazon for the artbook and 99 cent release date. Plus I remembered I had a $10 off coupon I got with the Darkness 2 so I got it for only like 3 bucks more than I would've pain on TRU.

Thanks.

#51 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

That would have been the best $20 i spent on a game that year, if not for Katamari Damacy.

I still play 2k5 now :D
Posted Image