CAGcast #279: Reapers Gonna Reap

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

Join us for even more spoiler-free Mass Effect 3 discussion, Anomaly: Warzone Earth talk, and much more!

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 66 minutes, 40MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

GoDaddy
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Magic Orgasm - Phil Ruzzuto for the Money Store

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 12 April 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#2 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

Thank you Gaming Moses.

*Direct download still points to 278.

#3 The Dutch Slayer

The Dutch Slayer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thank you Gaming Moses.

*Direct download still points to 278.

Try:

it worked for me :)
Hey how about that EU place he? I hear its kind of big ;)

#4 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Try:

it worked for me :)

Yeah, I just copied and pasted the link for 278 and changed it to 279. Just wanted to let Gaming Moses know.

#5 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

I find that the decline in quality of BioWare releases is best countered with only spending $20-$30 on their games.

You'll instantly go from hating Dragon Age II at $60 to actively enjoying Dragon Age II at $10.
sudo mklove

#6 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

[ATTACH]422[/ATTACH]Fixed. Also, testing image thing here

#7 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

I find that the decline in quality of BioWare releases is best countered with only spending $20-$30 on their games.

You'll instantly go from hating Dragon Age II at $60 to actively enjoying Dragon Age II at $10.

Bought it for $13.00 from Gamefly and it still sucked ass. Also here are some funny videos for Wombat, CheapyD and anyone who beat ME 3:
Spoiler

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#8 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

either talk about mass erect or don't. everything else is BORING.

#9 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Can't wait to listen!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#10 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

The post at the top of the page is correct, but the download link off the main page still points to cagcast278.mp3

#11 dsheinem

dsheinem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

[ATTACH]422[/ATTACH]Fixed. Also, testing image thing here

It still brought up #278 when I clicked the main page link a few moments ago...

#12 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

The Jamaican guy, HAHAHA. C'mon Ship, finish ME3 this weekend! :)

I'm a bit disappointed a CAG emailed you guys about compiling a collection list. The CAG database is pretty great.

Edited by LiK, 12 April 2012 - 12:49 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#13 testudo

testudo

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I was sure you were going to use this as the ourto:

outro

Cheapy is that bald guy your Dad?

Edited by testudo, 12 April 2012 - 12:56 PM.
$$$$$$$ does not work... sad

AKA Cheap Ass Gamera
"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Listen to the best podcast in the sustainable world: RSS

#14 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

I thought the theme song was saying "magic ogres" lol Anyway... it's stuck in my head... I even find myself dancing to it.
Posted Image

#15 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Define Irony....How about having the thought "I kinda just want to play some pinball, I don't need all this crap going on" while using the toilet in a public restroom. We all know you're not using the jon while playing the Vita so its safe to assume you're sending the Browns to the Superbowl.

Nice one Shipwreck ;-) . . . . See 31:06 mark for the reference

#16 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

I think Cheapy might like RE 6 since it will have regular third-person shooter controls. But I'm sure he enjoyed the overtime last night - go Flyers!

Posted Image

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#17 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Laughed as Wombat butchered my user name. Is it that hard? Bass-tones. like a bass guitar.

oh well. Pretty good show. Glad to hear feedback on Mass Effect 3. Can't wait for the spoiler discussion. Have you guys read up on the Indoctrination Theory? It's pretty interesting, and makes the ending tolerable. It's hard to believe it was intentional though. Check it out! *spoilers, obviously*

Indoctrination Theory

Also, I can't wait to play the Sour Patch Kids game. The narrator is Creed Bratton who plays Creed Bratton on the Office. Posted Image

Edited by basston3s, 12 April 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#18 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

So is "Tai interrupts the Cagcast" going to be the new regular segment for the show?

#imadick
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#19 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Guys, now that you have (hopefully) finished Mass Effect 3, you NEED to check out this video someone posted on YouTube. It explains an idea about the ending called in the Indoctrination Theory, that possibly gives clarity behind why the ending just didn't feel right. A LOT of the stuff this guy points out really seems to make sense.

Great show, keep it up! I'm extremely far behind, having just started listening to them a couple months ago from the very beginning...I need a life...lol

#20 e3vL

e3vL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

There's something wrong with the podcast audio file on itunes. Stuck at 0:00 and unable to skip to specific portions of the show...

Edited by e3vL, 13 April 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#21 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Great show. Can't wait for the ME3 spoiler cast. I had to get to the ending to see all the hubbub and make sure I could listen to the spoiler discussion fresh. And, I wanted to discuss it with my son who beat the game before me.

#22 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

SHOW NOTES

0:00 - Thug Life
8:15 - Hunger Games
10:45 - Show Feedback
13:15 - ME3 discussion
23:00 - New Releases
23:15 - Phantom Breaker, Skullgirls
23:30 - Fez
27:00 - Sour Patch Kids
28:00 - Splatters
28:00 - Pinball Arcade
31:30 - Some Bejeweled ripoff on Vita
33:30 - Shopping news
44:22 - Anomaly Warzone Earth
48:00 - Resident Evil 6 Premium Edition
50:00 - Capcom Captivate; Lost Planet 3.
51:00 - Sony's big loss
55:00 - Cagbag
55:15 - Kaine's Arcade
57:00 - Skylander's Cloud Patrol
60:00 - Life's Too Short
61:15 - E3 plans, speculation
63:00 - Other Podcasts

Edited by bickle, 13 April 2012 - 02:17 AM.
weird formatting

#23 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Cheapy's Emotional Extremes: shoot someone <---> write a letter

#24 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Not sure what people are saying there are no games available on goozex. I'm showing 2,857 "complete" games as "Available Now", plenty more that are disc only/disc+manual.

538822.png

#25 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Have to agree with Wombat on the loading in Mass Effect. Hell, all three Mass Effects. There was just soooo many of them. Part of why I hated going back to the Citadel. Load screen to get to the person asking where I want to go, load screen to go where I ask, run around, go to every other part of the ship with a load screen in between, board the normandy with one last load screen.

Hell, even the Dead Rising games weren't this bad with the load times....

#26 SeanNOLA

SeanNOLA

Ohwur? Mybur.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Just realized: CAGcon would be like the biggest nerd flea market ever!

#27 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

Not sure what people are saying there are no games available on goozex. I'm showing 2,857 "complete" games as "Available Now", plenty more that are disc only/disc+manual.

If you look at the actual games that are "Available Now," it's a plethora of older sports games and other reject titles. Even AR Card Games for the 3DS is considered a game. However, I did get accepted for Just Cause 2 and Fable III so the site is still active. Of course I haven't received any game yet so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime I've got 5000 more points to burn through.

From what I've seen of the CAG Marketplace, it looks like something I'll definitely check out as an alternative to Goozex. I do think there needs to be some sort of time limit on listings, especially older games. Perhaps an automatic e-mail gets sent to the user after 100 days that the user must then confirm to keep the item listed. I think this could help get rid of the clutter that some games are bogged down with. I'm also not entirely sure what happens if a game trade goes sour. Is CAG even responsible?
Posted Image

#28 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Guys, I managed to listen to the entire episode in a single game of DOTA 2. I know DOTA 2 is excruciatingly long sometimes, but come on. I'm sure you can fill time talking about the Vita. Or whatever new game is out to rival Plumber Crack. Or more impressions about the new Fighting that must have come out recently.

The loading times in ME3 were the one thing they managed to get right in the PC port. Everything is pretty much done as lazily as possible and nothing's properly optimized, but at least they don't force you to sit through the load screen movies like they did in ME2. Half a second between levels in the Citadel. Makes backtracking to hear those little vignettes so much easier.

And I cried when I heard the cardboard arcade story on NPR while driving. I think that's probably less manly than doing so over a youtube video. But then again, there's probably less hipster douchiness to spoil the whole thing.

#29 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I think Cheapy might like RE 6 since it will have regular third-person shooter controls. But I'm sure he enjoyed the overtime last night - go Flyers!

Posted Image

I thought the Flyers game was awesome and it was so awesome hearing Cheapy talk about the Flyers and have the same feeling we did. It was an awesome 3 for 3 night. I love all the talk of Mass Effect 3 and the ending. I didn't mind all the load times. Anything was better then #1, those loads took forever. Go Flyers!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#30 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

I don't think anyone who lowered the combat difficulty in ME3 should complain about how the weapons and upgrades "don't make a difference".

Of course they don't when you can zip around like a biotic god without consequence cause the enemy bullets are bubble-wrapped.