CAGcast #279: Reapers Gonna Reap

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

Sorry a lack of rainbows ruins a game for you.

What ruins a game is not lack of rainbows, but a lack of continuity. Pretty much every ending in Dragon Age was a bummer, but they all made sense and provided great resolution.

Speaking of paying attention, did you somehow miss that
Spoiler

#62 nickdrj

nickdrj

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

MAss effect spoiler alert:

Ok, at the very end of the game, after the credits, did anyone catch the final dialogue, it goes "Can you tell me another story about The Shepard?"
"Okay... Just one more..."

The dialogue implies that there is more mass effect story involving your character to be told, one way or another. Cheap yes, but i smell lots of DLC and a pretext to make more ME games.

#63 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

You must not have ever read or listened to any of Arthur Gies' opinions before. He's one of the most honest game "reporters" I've ever read.

I'm very familiar with Gies' work going all the way back to when he hitched a ride to the Rebel FM train in the aftermath of the 1up apocalypse. He's a guy who invents conspiracy theories about the rest of the gaming press when a game he doesn't like gets good reviews because he cannot ever admit to being wrong, and who makes up stuff about games to justify his preconceived opinions.

His Mass Effect 3 review isn't honest, it's a job application to Bioware.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#64 zebwinz

zebwinz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm very familiar with Gies' work going all the way back to when he hitched a ride to the Rebel FM train in the aftermath of the 1up apocalypse. He's a guy who invents conspiracy theories about the rest of the gaming press when a game he doesn't like gets good reviews because he cannot ever admit to being wrong, and who makes up stuff about games to justify his preconceived opinions.

His Mass Effect 3 review isn't honest, it's a job application to Bioware.

Sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory yourself :)

I happen to enjoy and usually agree with Arthur's opinions but to each his own. I agree with some of the criticism but for me, it doesn't take away from the overall experience.

Edited by zebwinz, 16 April 2012 - 03:38 PM.
extra info

Posted Image

#65 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Arthur always came off as an ass on the podcasts I listened to him on. Always "I don't know how anyone can like this game" and just spoke very matter of factly that he is right and everyone else is wrong. Always bugged the hell out of me and he's the main reason I save Rebel FM for last in my podcasts.

#66 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

PLEASE put in the show notes, or even edit into the podcast itself, the exact time that the ME3 spoiler talk stops so that those of us who don't want to hear it can fast-forward to the point where it ends. Thanks!

#67 joyce_181502

joyce_181502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

"It's not good for the knees"

"Yeah that's why I don't do anything"

For some reason Cheapy's joke killed me ... although the awkward pause by everyone afterward also helped sell it

#68 MooseKnuckles

MooseKnuckles

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

Despite what I think is a fun multiplayer game, I think the devs at Bioware put to much time into it and the single player suffered because of it. What was once my favorite single player experience got watered down with Horde Mode and Madden Ultimate Team packs no doubt because of an EA mandate about multiplayer

#69 John Wilkes Booth

John Wilkes Booth

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

What is the opening song called? It's Killing me and Shazaam is not getting it right.