[DEAD]Driver: San Francisco $16, Enslaved $10, Splatterhouse [OOS] till 04/18 @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 04/18/2012.
All of the following come with free standard shipping.

Driver: San Francisco $15.99

Xbox 360 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874170064&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-74170064-L03D

Playstation 3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879267093&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79267093-L04A

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Xbox 360 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874156023&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-74156023-L04B

Playstation 3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879253070&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79253070-L04C

Splatterhouse $9.99 (OOS as of 4/13)

Xbox 360 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874156013&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-74156013-L04D

Playstation 3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879253053&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79253053-L05A

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX3 $114.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879459006&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-PS3Accessories-_-79459006-L05B

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP500 $209.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874502012&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL041212&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041212-_-EMC-041212-Index-_-Xbox360Accessories-_-74502012-L05C

Last edited by a moderator:
Son of a bitch I was waiting and waiting for this kind of price on Driver but I broke down and just bought it last week with Gamestops B2G1 sale. Pretty fun game though imo well worth the $16. I shall 5 star your thread for the Driver deal.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Son of a bitch I was waiting and waiting for this kind of price on Driver but I broke down and just bought it last week with Gamestops B2G1 sale. Pretty fun game though imo well worth the $16. I shall 5 star your thread for the Driver deal.[/QUOTE]

you know target has driver on clearance for 9.XX. I'm going to get one next week if they still have them.

[quote name='yesidoknow']you know target has driver on clearance for 9.XX. I'm going to get one next week if they still have them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but I dont have a Target close enough to bother hoping they happen to have what I'm looking for. And usually my Targets that do have anything are on the pricier side. Like if someone reports $9.XX at their store my store will have it (if I'm lucky) for double that price. So I usually just skip their clearance.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah but I dont have a Target close enough to bother hoping they happen to have what I'm looking for. And usually my Targets that do have anything are on the pricier side. Like if someone reports $9.XX at their store my store will have it (if I'm lucky) for double that price. So I usually just skip their clearance.[/QUOTE]

I did the same until lately, They've started to have a few nice things on clearance starting this month so I'm hopig they continue with it.

[quote name='yesidoknow']you know target has driver on clearance for 9.XX. I'm going to get one next week if they still have them.[/QUOTE]

Think it's still $14.XX at my store (at least on Tuesday)... wish it was $9, I'd deff grab it then!

Thanks OP! Tempted by splatterhouse, but not sure if I want to blindgrab it or not.

Driver is definitely worth it at this price.

Fans of the original will love the blast from the past mission. As someone who dumped an inordinate amount of time into the original Driver, it was awesome that they did that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah but I dont have a Target close enough to bother hoping they happen to have what I'm looking for. And usually my Targets that do have anything are on the pricier side. Like if someone reports $9.XX at their store my store will have it (if I'm lucky) for double that price. So I usually just skip their clearance.[/QUOTE]

I know what you are talking about!
The Targets near me have the oddest clearance prices....
Was $49.99 Now $47.98..... really?
There is no decent cut unless it's shovelware.

Driver was marked $11.98 at my store. I loved that game. It's definitely worth the price.

great deal on driver. enslaved is also awesome for 10 bucks. i know it's bene that cheap for a while but that game is totally worth 10 dollars.

I'm tempted by Driver. My wallet says yes but my backlog says no. Seems like it's only a matter of time until it's $12.99 on GameFly.

Guess I'll go redownload the demo and give it another shot.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I'm tempted by Driver. My wallet says yes but my backlog says no. Seems like it's only a matter of time until it's $12.99 on GameFly.

Guess I'll go redownload the demo and give it another shot.[/QUOTE]
I am going to order driver, I will never find it target clearance with my luck, even though my wallet is shouting no.

Thanks OP.

Never play the driver series before. Do I need to play the older games to understand the storyline, or it doesn't matter?

Also, I've Enslaved already, but just wondering if anyone got the DLC for it.
I mainly just want to get it for the 3D. Not sure if worth it, or just a rip-off.

Thanks.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Thanks OP.

Never play the driver series before. Do I need to play the older games to understand the storyline, or it doesn't matter?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it really has anything to do with any of the other games, but it does have (from my understanding ) little funny references to the previous ones now and again. Nothing major to the plot though.

I watched some gameplay videos and it doesn't tickle my fancy but I have a friend who loves driving games and he is always raving about this Driver game. He says it's one of his favorite 360 games but I never really got hooked into the genre.

I'm passing but sharing his recommendation for anyone on the fence.

I really didn't know much about Driver San Francisco until I seen the shift mechanic and well, that sold me right there. I ordered a copy because this game looks so much fun.

Driver or splatterhouse for my 13yr old son....Hmmmm. He likes car games somewhat, but he really enjoys games like left 4 dead, resident evil, mass effect, etc etc. How is the game play in splatterhouse?

[quote name='krashhole']Driver or splatterhouse for my 13yr old son....Hmmmm. He likes car games somewhat, but he really enjoys games like left 4 dead, resident evil, mass effect, etc etc. How is the game play in splatterhouse?[/QUOTE]

Splatterhouse has it all! TONS of blood flying all over the place, lots of swearing, close ups of arms, heads, and torsos being ripped apart, and collectible posters of your girlfriend in which about 1/2 she is completely nude or at least topless.

The gameplay is your standard enter room and kill waves of enemies before the door to the next room opens. There are even some old school side scrolling levels.

[quote name='jbroush99']Splatterhouse has it all! TONS of blood flying all over the place, lots of swearing, close ups of arms, heads, and torsos being ripped apart, and collectible posters of your girlfriend in which about 1/2 she is completely nude or at least topless.

The gameplay is your standard enter room and kill waves of enemies before the door to the next room opens. There are even some old school side scrolling levels.[/QUOTE]

Yup sounds like his 13 year old will prefer Splatterhouse then! :lol:

[quote name='Sandrock7383']great deal on driver. enslaved is also awesome for 10 bucks. i know it's bene that cheap for a while but that game is totally worth 10 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Agreed Enslaved is a great game, well worth that price.

Shameless plug, I have a "as new" copy that i would like to trade for splatterhouse or sell for $7:D

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I really didn't know much about Driver San Francisco until I seen the shift mechanic and well, that sold me right there. I ordered a copy because this game looks so much fun.[/QUOTE]
WARNING: Don't click the spoilers unless you want the 'story' of Driver: SF spoiled for you!!
I got the game for $20 on BF from WalMart after a PM of the Gamestop price that day. I played it for about 3-4 hours the one night and I never touched it again. I ended up trading it.

I myself HATED that shift thing myself since I much prefer to simply commandeer vehicles(aka carjack people) like you did in Driver 2.

[customspoiler=Story Spoiler]Basically the shift mechanic is just Tanner possessing the drivers of those cars he jumps into, since in one of the opening missions his own vehicle is smashed into and all throughout the game you hear sound effects of the EMT's working on him.[/customspoiler]

I just thought that and cordoning off the rest of the city until you 'unlock' it like so many other driving/open world games do nowadays was lazy and that's why I quit playing it.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']WARNING: Don't click the spoilers unless you want the 'story' of Driver: SF spoiled for you!!
I got the game for $20 on BF from WalMart after a PM of the Gamestop price that day. I played it for about 3-4 hours the one night and I never touched it again. I ended up trading it.

I myself HATED that shift thing myself since I much prefer to simply commandeer vehicles(aka carjack people) like you did in Driver 2.

[customspoiler=Story Spoiler]Basically the shift mechanic is just Tanner possessing the drivers of those cars he jumps into, since in one of the opening missions his own vehicle is smashed into and all throughout the game you hear sound effects of the EMT's working on him.[/customspoiler]

I just thought that and cordoning off the rest of the city until you 'unlock' it like so many other driving/open world games do nowadays was lazy and that's why I quit playing it.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]I remembered that shift thing from the demo and that was why I talked myself out of it. My son should love Splatterhouse :)

Hmmm... $2 cheaper. I saw it for $11.98. 1 copy. Hmmm... I will check out the YouTube vids.

bread's done
Back