Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360) $14.98 Target Clearance YMMV

GrimmTrixX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I was just at Target and decided to check the games and sure enough there it was, Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360)for $14.98. I am unsure on the PS3 version since I wasn't looking for it and I didn't go to Target for games in the first place, it was an afterthought this visit.

Other games were on clearance too but I don't remember them all, the clearance were marked with a red sticker both on the game and on the shelf edge where the game tag on the shelf goes. The clearance were randomly with all of the games and not in 1 particular section.

I know PSP WWE All stars was $9.98 and a PS3 Ratchet and Clank game was $14.98. I don't recall which one but it was a greatest hits Ratchet game if that helps. There was a good 20 or so other games marked down but I don't remember any other ones specifically.

I kept waiting for a good deal on Dead Space 2 since the lowest I've seen it was $30 so I was surprised to see 7 copies left at half that price.

My target had PS3 Dead Space 2 LE w/Extraction on disc, for $15, I bought it today. I already have the game, so if anybody want it, PM me, not looking for any profit except the tax, shipping and half a gallon of gas.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Not to be a buzzkill but you do know there is a whole target clearance thread right?[/QUOTE]

Nineteen of them, in fact.

[quote name='TooPoor']My target has Dead Space 2 LE w/Extraction on disc, for $15, I bought it today. I already have the game, so if anybody want it, PM me, not looking for any profit except the tax, shipping and half a gallon of gas.[/QUOTE]

I will let you know after next monday :D

[quote name='MasaTFC']I will let you know after next monday :D[/QUOTE]
Sure, if I haven't sold it until next Monday, will hook you up.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Not to be a buzzkill but you do know there is a whole target clearance thread right?[/QUOTE]

Haha i scrolled through like 3-4 pages and didnt see the clearance thread and of course i see it RIGHT below my post. lol yea i need to sleep

Sorry, let this thread die, I just got excited and wanted to share. thing is i never look at the clearance thread cuz its just a big wall of text. so i'd have probably overlooked it anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']Haha i scrolled through like 3-4 pages and didnt see the clearance thread and of course i see it RIGHT below my post. lol yea i need to sleep

Sorry, let this thread die, I just got excited and wanted to share. thing is i never look at the clearance thread cuz its just a big wall of text. so i'd have probably overlooked it anyway. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2 is actually mentioned frequently in that thread. I stated in there already that I saw this on Monday and didn't buy it because it will drop again in a week or two and my store had TONS of copies so they won't run out of inventory any time soon. The next drop should take it down to $7.48.

haha whatever its all in good fun and I deserve it. Again i don't scroll through clearance threads. i just go to the store and if I see clearance that's worthy I get it. I don't really go to the stores on a mission to get specifics from long lists here. I go by threads specifically mentioning good deals. I know from now on to be more thorough, that's all.

I just happened to be there so I came home and mentioned it in a thread. The target clearance thread has hundreds of things on the list, since Dead Space 2 isn't some shovel ware garbage Wii game or anything, it may have been overlooked so I threw it up here. I'd delete this post if I knew how to. lol

Future reference I will look before I comment on it, but that target clearance page was NOT up here when I made my post, i searched the first 3 pages and didn't see it at all as I thought there was one, but sure enough, BAM it's there. If this can be deleted, please do it or let me know how to do it. I may read and comment on tons of posts here, but I never make a lot up as I don't usually find deals BEFORE CAG people do. I looked before I leapt, my bad #-o

People just like to keep everything in the target thread to bury the deal so they have a better chance at the deal themselves. Mega threads suck and CAG was a lot better before they infested the deals board. Pretty soon we will just have one gigantic thread wih every deal. I have found many deals on CAG because people posted a deal outside a mega thread, most recently t woods.

[quote name='caltab']People just like to keep everything in the target thread to bury the deal so they have a better chance at the deal themselves. Mega threads suck and CAG was a lot better before they infested the deals board. Pretty soon we will just have one gigantic thread wih every deal. I have found many deals on CAG because people posted a deal outside a mega thread, most recently t woods.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree with this, but usually my stores don't have much of anything and the nearest stores are about 30-45 minutes away so half the time it's not even worth the drive.

[quote name='caltab']People just like to keep everything in the target thread to bury the deal so they have a better chance at the deal themselves. Mega threads suck and CAG was a lot better before they infested the deals board. Pretty soon we will just have one gigantic thread wih every deal. I have found many deals on CAG because people posted a deal outside a mega thread, most recently t woods.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Lmao! That'd be hysterical! Reminds me of the 'Sunday deals' thread!

[quote name='caltab'] Pretty soon we will just have one gigantic thread wih every deal. I have found many deals on CAG because people posted a deal outside a mega thread, most recently t woods.[/QUOTE]It should be based on game by game basis since the demand for certain games would warrant there own thread...example if Skyrim was $20 on target clearance it SHOULD BE POSTED outside the clearance thread & it would be one of the hottest threads going.

I will say that the OP of said thread should also link the target clearance in the OP to prevent things from going overboard.

The problem with the clearance cycle is that stores clearance too much to list each thing in it's own thread. There are TONS of games on clearance at Target right now. If you look at Sears, I posted a list within that thread that would fill up the entire first page of CAG (maybe the first two pages) if each clearanced game had it's own thread.

[quote name='Blaster man']The problem with the clearance cycle is that stores clearance too much to list each thing in it's own thread. There are TONS of games on clearance at Target right now. If you look at Sears, I posted a list within that thread that would fill up the entire first page of CAG (maybe the first two pages) if each clearanced game had it's own thread.[/QUOTE]But how many of the games truly warranted their own thread? I would say the truly top notch deals/titles & better alternatives to games with threads already on the 1st 2 pages. Pricing errors to like Infamous 2 on release week LOL.

I've long been a hater of mega threads but these target clearances are so damn ymmv and often regional, they only belong in that thread.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I've long been a hater of mega threads but these target clearances are so damn ymmv and often regional, they only belong in that thread.[/QUOTE]

Target clearance deals aren't that ymmv in my experience. I have lived in 2 different regions of the country over the past several years and have been able to find probably around 90 percent of the good deals eventually. You have to be willing to check a lot of targets for a few weeks, but most the stuff will eventually come to your area. I have like 10 targets within a 20 mile radius though, so that plays a big role in my success rate.

[quote name='caltab']Target clearance deals aren't that ymmv in my experience. I have lived in 2 different regions of the country over the past several years and have been able to find probably around 90 percent of the good deals eventually. You have to be willing to check a lot of targets for a few weeks, but most the stuff will eventually come to your area. I have like 10 targets within a 20 mile radius though, so that plays a big role in my success rate.[/QUOTE]

I have 7 I periodically check during work lunch breaks and I found tiger woods masters editions 1 time in over a year. Normally my clearance sections are a smattering of a worthless DS game or two and other electronics related junk if they have games at all.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I have 7 I periodically check during work lunch breaks and I found tiger woods masters editions 1 time in over a year. Normally my clearance sections are a smattering of a worthless DS game or two and other electronics related junk if they have games at all.[/QUOTE]

You probably already know this, but a lot of targets these days also have clearance games in the regular aisles in the cages. That's we're I found t woods recently and also a couple others.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I've long been a hater of mega threads but these target clearances are so damn ymmv and often regional, they only belong in that thread.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I only found a few noteworthy deals at my Target stores. It probably doesn't help that they're in the the more upscale part of town. I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

bread's done
Back