Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase - 10% off @ GMG & GF

SlightlyOffTrack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Anyone else pumped about this game? For those of you who don't know, if you pre-purchase GW2 you are automatically invited to all of the beta events and have 3 day early access to the game. The current best deal is 10% off for digital distributions. I have not seen any specials for physical copies yet.

Details on the different versions of the game are available here. Make sure you check out the FAQ there on the pre-purchase program. If you are just buying the Standard edition, you may opt to purchase a physical copy instead. You won't get the $6 off but you will still get all of the benefits of a pre-purchase (early playing, etc.) as well as a box copy. Digital Deluxe, however, is digital only.

All links are to North American (NA) versions. Buy the game in your region to be able to play!

Green Man Gaming - Automatically discounted
Good this week (Starting April 16)

Digital Edition - $53.95
Digital Deluxe Edition - $71.95

GameFly/Direct2Drive coupon code: EDNOTE10
Expires April 16

Digital Edition - $53.96
Digital Deluxe Edition - $71.96

Register your pre-purchase here. If you ordered through GameFly, go to your purchase history on the website for your code.

These are pre-puchases. People seem skeptical because they're not on GW2's list of retailers, but that list has not been updated since they started taking orders directly. Proof:
Green Man Gaming Facebook - "I can confirm the GMG version has every single feature of the version that NCSoft will be selling, and I can also confirm that the price will be similar to the price on the NCSoft site." -
Picture of GameFly code

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful preordering from retailers outside of your region.

Is my copy of Guild Wars 2 tied to my region?

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/10150698525259209

GMG is a UK retailer if I recall. If you live in the states, you may not be able to log in from here using a European key.

Uh, dude, you got the deluxe and standard edition prices mixed up.

Other than that, I appreciate learning about these. Will probably buy the standard edition before the sale ends.

[quote name='Kein Mitleid']Uh, dude, you got the deluxe and standard edition prices mixed up.[/QUOTE]

Duh. Thanks.

[quote name='dcm1602']Is the d2d a legit pre purchase option? Or just a preorder?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dcm1602']cuz its not listed on the gw2 list of prepurchase optiins[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about D2D. Can anyone confirm this? GMG's Facebook announced that they are part of the pre-purchase, but they're not on the retailer list on ANet's site. I don't think they've updated that list since they started taking pre-purchases directly.

I have to say, games always leave a sour taste in my mouth when I apply for the beta and don't get in...

The first one had a cool concept but it was ruined for me by the fact that it wasn't a true MMO. Second one looks a lot cooler but still...wish I had made beta to try it out.

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone purchase from D2D yet?

Able to confirm or deny if they send ya whatever[/QUOTE]

Google gave me results with forums where people are getting their keys. You simply go to your purchase history after buying and it's listed in the details. I haven't done it myself, personally, but I've seen screenshots of it.

The issue is with the words pre-purchase and preorder. Full payment up front doesn't always coult as pre purchase and is only pre order at some retailers in regards to the beta weekends.

Oh and tony from amazon said they don't carry ncsoft yet on amazon market but they working on it, I think.

For anyone having doubts about GMG, I've ordered from them before and I did not have a region problem (I live in Florida.) Besides which, I'm thinking that NA in parentheses means North America. ;)

Other than that, this seems pretty nice. I was going to swipe this up close to release and this is the first deal thus far. Might lock it in.

So these websites are digital dl only while GS/BB lets you pre-download AND give you a physical copy? I might just pay a few bucks extra and also get a physical copy for my collection if that is the case. Though if all the pre-purchases are Digital only, there's no reason to pass up on this. Man I'm a bit confused.

[quote name='lilseung']So these websites are digital dl only while GS/BB lets you pre-download AND give you a physical copy? I might just pay a few bucks extra and also get a physical copy for my collection if that is the case. Though if all the pre-purchases are Digital only, there's no reason to pass up on this. Man I'm a bit confused.[/QUOTE]

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#forty-seven details how physical pre-purchases work. Long story short, physical copies still get early access and beta. I personally would do this option if getting the Standard edition but figured not everyone shares that opinion.

Digital Deluxe is only available digitally, so if you want that the 10% off deal from these two retailers are your current best bet.
Collector's Edition is only available physically.

Perhaps I should update the original post to share all this.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#forty-seven details how physical pre-purchases work. Long story short, physical copies still get early access and beta. I personally would do this option if getting the Standard edition but figured not everyone shares that opinion.

Digital Deluxe is only available digitally, so if you want that the 10% off deal from these two retailers are your current best bet.
Collector's Edition is only available physically.

Perhaps I should update the original post to share all this.[/QUOTE]

Ohh, that link pretty clears up my confusion. Thanks.

It's too bad the Gamefly member discount nullifies the coupon discount, otherwise 20% off would be a great deal. But it's a one-time purchase for something with a long lasting appeal for me, so I'll probably go for this $54 price anyway since Amazon's pre-order only grants 1 day of early access.

Sorry for being off topic, but this trend of $60 PC games is really getting annoying. PC games were always the cheap option for me.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Sorry for being off topic, but this trend of $60 PC games is really getting annoying. PC games were always the cheap option for me.[/QUOTE]

Guild Wars seems more acceptable at $60 because they are going to continue to release content and is a huge game. I agree that most PC games should not be $60 though.

[quote name='lilseung']Hmm, just wondering.. Why should they be any cheaper than the console games?[/QUOTE]

Because it's alot cheaper to develop for PC then consoles.

[quote name='lilseung']Hmm, just wondering.. Why should they be any cheaper than the console games?[/QUOTE]
Because they don't have to pay a fee to MS and Sony for every copy sold like console games.

@OP and whoever

I have no idea if it was stackable since I was unaware of the time deadline but the code is dead, to replace it there is now a global 10% off on Guild Wars 2 standard and Digital Deluxe edition on GMG

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Sorry for being off topic, but this trend of $60 PC games is really getting annoying. PC games were always the cheap option for me.[/QUOTE]

And they go down to like $5 or less each if you wait long enough. I find way better deals on PC than I do for any console. That being said, Guild Wars 2 is an amazing value. It's free to play, and the base content is just enormous in scope. Read up on the beta impressions or watch a few videos and you'll see. You're getting a lot for ~$60.

[quote name='Donuts']@OP and whoever

I have no idea if it was stackable since I was unaware of the time deadline but the code is dead, to replace it there is now a global 10% off on Guild Wars 2 standard and Digital Deluxe edition on GMG[/QUOTE]

The code expired before they put Guild Wars 2 on sale. It's the same deal, you just don't have to bother with the code anymore.

bread's done
Back