Free GS exclusive Kid Icarus AR Card Today only

kfrancia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
For those that are collecting the Kid Icarus AR cards, Gamestop is giving away an exclusive pack for free today. It is from 1 PM to 4 PM at select locations.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/kidicarus/

Edit: According to a reader at joystiq the cards are
"Eggplant Wizard, Fiends Cauldron, Skyscraper Club, Firework Cannons, and Minos, along with possible random packs."
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/14/pick-up-some-kid-icarus-ar-cards-today-at-gamestop/

Edit 2: Just picked up a pack. All I did was ask about it and he asked if I wanted to try the game. I told him I already own it and he just gave me the pack. There were a couple people instore but not for the event. They had a stack of around 100+ on the counter.
The cards in my deck were: Eggplant Wizard, Fiends Cauldron, Skyscraper Club, Firework Cannons, and Minos.
I'm not sure about the random packs, forgot to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, closest one that's doing the event is about 60 miles away from me.

If someone gets the chance to go, let us know which card it is.

the one that is closest is over 40 mins away but i do have to work today so it would be on the way. ARGH!!! ill call at 10 and ask what card it is.

Someone on the gamefaqs board posted that the exclusive card is eggplant wizard, which comes in a pack of non-exclusive cards that includes fiend's cauldron, skyscraper club, firework cannons and minos.

closest one for me over 40 minute trip for me not worth the traffic and headache for the drive. i have 4 locations 5-10 minutes from my house none of them doing it.

[quote name='Esoul']Someone on the gamefaqs board posted that the exclusive card is eggplant wizard, which comes in a pack of non-exclusive cards that includes fiend's cauldron, skyscraper club, firework cannons and minos.[/QUOTE]

Is that pack of cards exclusive to somewhere?

And this card from gamestop, does it come sealed or loose that you know of?

[quote name='Romeo']Is that pack of cards exclusive to somewhere?

And this card from gamestop, does it come sealed or loose that you know of?[/QUOTE]

Looks like that same pack was offered in Canada and PAX East according to eBay descriptions. The cards are all sealed together.

Closest GS to me doing this is ~25-30 miles away...no thanks.

I went to PAX East and got two cards two different times from the Nintendo rep. Was slightly late for the 3DS panel so I missed out on the packs they were giving out. Not really crazed about getting these things, but it's kinda fun to nab some when the opportunity arises.

[quote name='Brother Daz']This month(prototype 2 cover)[/QUOTE]

Youre thinking of the best buy magazine, the gameinformer magazine this month is halo 4

What's the purpose to these cards? I got the ones in the game, from the BB may and GS gave me a promo pack last week. Do they add actual content to the game? I'll have to try them out I guess.

[quote name='get_loud']What's the purpose to these cards? I got the ones in the game, from the BB may and GS gave me a promo pack last week. Do they add actual content to the game? I'll have to try them out I guess.[/QUOTE]

In-game? Basically no point. You get a small amount of (100) hearts per each card scanned that you can use on weapons and the like.

Other than that, there's just the whole collectable thing and "AR Card Battles"

[quote name='garrett007']Youre thinking of the best buy magazine, the gameinformer magazine this month is halo 4[/QUOTE]
Derp* yeah I totally read that wrong. It's before noon so mistakes are allowed right?

Anyways I have the 3 cards from the gamer mag I dont need. I'll mail them out to the first person to reply to this post that wants them.

Edit- I just found the card from the GI mag I'll send out with the other 3
gone

[quote name='garrett007']Youre thinking of the best buy magazine, the gameinformer magazine this month is halo 4[/QUOTE]

It was the Assassin's Creed III cover.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Derp* yeah I totally read that wrong. It's before noon so mistakes are allowed right?

Anyways I have the 3 cards from the gamer mag I dont need. I'll mail them out to the first person to reply to this post that wants them.[/QUOTE]
(Adam Sandler voice) for frrrrrrreeeeeeee?

If some of these coupons end up being awesome like last month, I'll probably pick up another mag or two. If thats the case TooPoor you get the first set and RabbitSuit you'll get the second. I wont forget about you two.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Alrighty, congrats to whomever (Adam Sandler?) got'em.[/QUOTE]
Nope, wasn't me, someone beat me to it though I was first to reply to "post", justice!!

Jk thank anyway daz

Thanks much OP!

After checking the site, the two closest stores to me that are doing this promo are both 12 miles away in opposite directions and are all near Fry's. Looks like I'll have to stop in the store to make the trip out there a bit more worthwhile :p

The employee at a GS 9 blocks away from me said that I needed a 3DS w/ Kid Icarus in order to get them because they have a really short supply, what a shame.

[quote name='Sil3ntW4lker']The employee at a GS 9 blocks away from me said that I needed a 3DS w/ Kid Icarus in order to get them because they have a really short supply, what a shame.[/QUOTE]

well that sucks

[quote name='Sil3ntW4lker']The employee at a GS 9 blocks away from me said that I needed a 3DS w/ Kid Icarus in order to get them because they have a really short supply, what a shame.[/QUOTE]
You just saved me 5 dollars of gas, thanks!

Just called store up the street, and they are having it :D. Said that Nintendo forgot to send in the other promo stuff, so instead of having to play matches for cards, you can just come in and get a pack.

About to head up there now

[quote name='admiralvic']Got my cards.

Eggplant Wizard
Fiend Cauldron
Skyscraper Club
Fireworks Cannon
Minos[/QUOTE]

You can just show up empty handed right?

[quote name='TooPoor']You can just show up empty handed right?[/QUOTE]

I think im going to call this YMMV, but I walked in asked if this was a location doing the Kid Icarus event. The guy working said yes and said the cards are in back. As we were walking there he asked if I wanted to test the game or just the cards and I told him I already owned it. He went in back, then handed me my cards no problem. I kindly thanked him and left.

Heh only closet is in downtown crossing in Boston, kinda far and parking is a nightmare there, grrrrr should have been last week when PAX happened. They are fairly close

bread's done
Back