Status
Not open for further replies.

Temporaryscars

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
zubaz.jpg

Morning, OTT.

I had 4 people call me to do thier taxes...way to wait till the last possible moment peeps! Not like I have any plans or anything.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone in here who grabbed a HP Touchpad... Was it worth it?
Especially if you put ICS on it?[/QUOTE]

I grabbed one, was fun for about a week. I don't know what ICS is. :oops:

[quote name='Number83']I grabbed one, was fun for about a week. I don't know what ICS is. :oops:[/QUOTE]

Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest release of Android.

[quote name='munch']They are. You're jake jr.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they aren't bad. I'm just saying that the title for this OTT is also bad.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']
zubaz.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's the first time I've ever seen a fuckin' Zubaz shirt.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest release of Android.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten around to putting ICS on mine yet but I still get a decent bit of use out of it. Mostly as a handheld video player.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I haven't gotten around to putting ICS on mine yet but I still get a decent bit of use out of it. Mostly as a handheld video player.[/QUOTE]

I ask cause woot has a 32gb one for $250, which is $100 more than the firesale, but not ridiculous entirely... wondering if I should take the plunge, or play the waiting game; I've heard talk of a google tablet that is supposed to be similar in price as well as the fact that there's always a kindle fire option (still wish they'd make a 10" and add an sd card slot).

Eh, I can't say whether it's worth $250 or not. I'm satisfied with the $150 I spent but when you get above $200 I feel like there are probably better options. While the Fire is small for the price it will also have better support since it's native Android and still actively being developed. The Touchpad you need to rely on the homebrew community.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Anyone in here who grabbed a HP Touchpad... Was it worth it?
Especially if you put ICS on it?[/QUOTE]

I actually just finished putting ICS on my Touchpad 5 minutes ago. Originally I had just done the custom firmware route for webOS, overclocking and whatnot, and it ran much better than stock, but then it got corrupted and I had to use webOS Doctor and lost all of that, so I just installed Android instead. From the get-go it's just a more attractive OS, obviously. You can also choose whether you want to boot Android or WebOS, which I didn't know... I don't see why I'd ever need webOS though.

However, I find that installing shit like this on my Touchpad is the most use I ever get out of it... occasionally a video game browsing companion when I want to look something up, because it's easier to read than my iPhone screen.

[quote name='JStryke']And you all say my titles are bad.[/QUOTE]

I like to dupe other current threads to see if I can trick other people into posting in here for our amusement. At least I'm trying to BETTER the OTT!

Besides, zubaz ftw.

Wish I didnt get my Touchpad when I already had an iPad. Used it for like 1 week before realizing it just wasnt for me and now its been sitting on my shelf gathering dust for the past couple of months.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']
zubaz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I wonder where my Zubaz are. About 10 years ago I wore them to a Meijer on a dare. Prior to that they had been sitting in a drawer for another 6-7 years.

[quote name='TheRock88']Wish I didnt get my Touchpad when I already had an iPad. Used it for like 1 week before realizing it just wasnt for me and now its been sitting on my shelf gathering dust for the past couple of months.[/QUOTE]

What size and how cheap would you let it go?

Finally beat Deus Ex Human Revolution. Somehow I didn't get the Pacifist achievement which pisses me off. I KNOW I didn't kill anyone during my playthrough, not even through accidental death. Managed to get Foxiest of The Hounds while playing on the hardest difficulty though, and even got Good Soul without any alarms or kills (that one was fucking tough).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Finally beat Deus Ex Human Revolution. Somehow I didn't get the Pacifist achievement which pisses me off. I KNOW I didn't kill anyone during my playthrough, not even through accidental death. Managed to get Foxiest of The Hounds while playing on the hardest difficulty though, and even got Good Soul without any alarms or kills (that one was fucking tough).[/QUOTE]

Good Soul was a pain in the ass.
And let me tell you, that's probably where your death occurred... I figured that out after a bit; i couldn't always find all the bodies to check, and when I could, I'd find that someone died randomly for no specific reason -- like an unconscious guard got hit with a exploding barrel and died anyway.

I know for an absolute fact that it didn't occur there. Afterwards I checked every body, using video walkthroughs to confirm their locations. I even specifically went out of my way to ensure that the exploding mech didn't kill anyone.

Oh well, I'll do a run on easy and not kill anyone. It will be easier now that I don't need to worry about alarms.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What size and how cheap would you let it go?[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, aint selling it. Just gonna give it to my mom or dad as a present.

[quote name='TheRock88']Sorry man, aint selling it. Just gonna give it to my mom or dad as a present.[/QUOTE]

No worries -- since you said it was collecting dust, I figured I'd try to help you out. :cool:

[quote name='Rocko']Is Burn Notice worth watching?[/QUOTE]
Very worth watching. Start from the beginging if you can. I love the series but find it annoying that Gabrielle Anwar dropped the Irish accent somewhere in the second season I believe and now you hear an American accent with VERY slight bleed thru of her native British one

Have made trips to Costco, Wally Mart and Win Co Foods today. Appearently I'm just made of money.

I nearly get fooled by this OTT and the wrestling one each time I bring up the Lifestyle & Off Topic Forum.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']People's incessant need to conform to perceptions based out of other peoples brains utterly fucking disgusts me.[/QUOTE]

RIGHT ON MAN! THE system! fuck IT!

[quote name='munch']So that guy is awesome, right?[/QUOTE]

Heck, yeah!!!

[quote name='Maklershed']What is his stance on hypercolor t-shirts and thick black framed sunglasses with neon pink arms?[/QUOTE]

He does break out the neon pink tank top that curves in between his pecs. I would ask him, but it's hard to get a word in between his "C'MON, LET'S DO THIS" chants and his gutteral roars between sets.

I need to figure out what to really use a tablet for, because I love having ICS on my Touchpad.

Also, that Tupac hologram performance is pretty fucking cool.

[quote name='Rocko']
Also, that Tupac hologram performance is pretty fucking cool.[/QUOTE]

????

I remember a few years ago when Gorillaz announced they'd be touring they had an elaborate plan to have the animated characters as holograms on stage. Never came to fruition but the live show with the actual band members was friggin amazing none the less.

[quote name='Maklershed']????

I remember a few years ago when Gorillaz announced they'd be touring they had an elaborate plan to have the animated characters as holograms on stage. Never came to fruition but the live show with the actual band members was friggin amazing none the less.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVGIRsKXdo

I thought the Gorillaz did do holograms while touring? Or some kind of screen or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back