XBLA - FEZ - 800 MPs, Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Fez is finally out! Released Friday, I picked the indie XBLA game up today and have to say even by following its long arduous development journey I'm still very much interested in this game.
Posted Image
A blurb from its wikipedia page:

Fez is a platform game developed by independent software developers Polytron. The game was initially announced by its creator, Phil Fish, on TIGSource.com on July 17, 2007.[2] It was later announced that the game would come to Xbox Live Arcade in early 2010, but it was pushed back.[3] The game was released on April 13, 2012 for Xbox Live Arcade.[1] More platforms are being considered.[4]

Launch Trailer, shows off the cool parts of the game and games like these need to be played over watched so put in spoilers.
Spoiler

Reminds me of Castle Story, another indie game I loved. Seriously you need to experience this game and I'm glad it's finally out!

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Been playing it since Friday. Love it so far. Great retro animations and music. Dialog is hilarious too.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#3 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Played the demo it was great. Backlog is kinda big, but might splurge and buy this at 800.

#4 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

Put 10 hours into it already. Great game. Beat it and technically on 'New Game Plus' now. The real fun is tracking down all the stuff you don't have. There is some serious brain-busters in this game, and there have been a few moments where i felt like fist-pumping after figuring something out.

#5 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Played the demo it was great. Backlog is kinda big, but might splurge and buy this at 800.

Do it;)

I feel like I'm playing Crackdown again, running around listening for objects that have a sfx tied to them. Collect said object and then
Posted Image
utter joy!

The first moment when
Spoiler
I grew a big smile on my face. Hadn't seen those in a long time, actually I can think of back when I played Commander Keen. ^^

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#6 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

Isn't the game super glitchy right now?

#7 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

I guess, http://www.joystiq.c...soft-to-resolv/, but that appears to be related to certain older 360s or people that have a small hard drive.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#8 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Played the demo and loved it. I will defiantly pick this up sometime soon.

#9 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

Played the demo today and also agree it's good stuff. The art style is terrific, and I like the gameplay mechanic of switching perspectives. Although I'm tempted to splurge and get Fez as well, I'm getting ready to leap on Trials Evolution in a couple days.

#10 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

"Super-glitchy" would be a huge exaggeration. There are some glitches, and i had it crash once in 10 hours of play. But it shouldn't stop anyone from picking it up. It's going to be (deservedly) in a lot of top 10 lists at the end of the year.

#11 Streetskillz

Streetskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

This game is quite fun and challenging for me. My daughter hijacks the controller tho and likes to mess around with it because she think Gomez is funny. There's no penalty for dying so she can just do whatever she wants without consequence.
"It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." -- Emiliano Zapata

#12 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

I adore this game. Why are none of you jerks talking about it?

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#13 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

I adore this game. Why are none of you jerks talking about it?

Because I got stuck. Though Mr. Bedard did reply promptly!

Hi!
Sounds like you're in one of the wall city interiors (behind the 4-bit door).
If that's the case, you're "screwed". The upcoming patch fixes this problem and will allow you to resume the game, but in the meantime there's nothing you can do except start a new game (presumably on another profile so you don't lose progress).
ETA on the patch is late May.
Thanks for the report!

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Monsta Mack ,e-mail@email.email> wrote:

Hi,
I have 8 cubes and 2 anti cubes. Not sure which room I am stuck at, but It's a room with just a caterpillar and drawings on the wall and it won't let me rotate. I was able to do a profile switch trick for the game to stop crashing, however, when I leave the room I hear the walking noise and my character is still stuck in the same room.

Thanks

#14 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

http://www.eurogamer...tch-back-online

Fez patch is back up. Fish says only 1% of players will have their save file go AWOL d/ling the patch, so basically if you beat the game or were almost done beating it don't bother connecting to Live while playing Fez. I'll give this a whirl later and see if it fixes my save problem I had before.