Darksiders (PS3, 360) $9.99 + Free shipping at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#31 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

This is the first in a series of four, the second is scheduled to come out June 29th but there is speculation that may get pushed back.

Yeah, there's a better chance of us seeing them in person than seeing the Four Horsemen in all 4 Darksiders installments.

I'm wondering if I should re-order this for $9.99 in case they decide to cancel my $5.50 "pre-order". Based on history, are they definitely going to fulfill the $5.50 orders when they begin shipping the $10 offerings?

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#32 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

Great game. One of the few titles I pre-ordered at Gamestop due to the comic/art book it came with. Huge Joe Mad fan. Also if not mentioned already used games can be shipped free to store.

thq is only the publisher, not the dev. darksiders is developed by joe madureira's studio, Vigil games. if darksiders 2 is successful, it could easily be picked up by another publisher; likely wb or ea.

Preferably WB if it were to happen, that way we might get an animated series on Blu-Ray too.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#33 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

pretty sure dev studios can be bought by other publishers :roll:

Wrong. Vigil is the development studio but THQ OWNS them. That's THQ's studio. THQ is in bad shape right now. They need Darksiders 2 to sell a lot to fund their operations through the holidays.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#34 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

DX I got a huge backlog already plus I'm thinking this will probably go the route of ff13 and be bundled free with the sequel in the coming months.

#35 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

DX I got a huge backlog already plus I'm thinking this will probably go the route of ff13 and be bundled free with the sequel in the coming months.

Most likely if this happens it will happen on THQ webpage. First one came w/ unannounced bonus, which turned out to be a free copy of Red Faction Guerilla from website (barcode had hole punched in it so you could not return to stores)
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#36 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

It's a hairy situation. If say, Sony closes closes Naughty Dog. They may or may not be able to go and use the studio name, intellectual properties etc. unless stipulated in contract. Hopefully the second does well and this contines. Thq has mostly just had a string of bad luck with homefront and red faction:Armageddon. Got some big titles coming that should produce.

#37 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

when was this $5.50 sale?

#38 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

March 24th.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318103

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#39 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

the udraw tablets/software hurt them big time.

It's a hairy situation. If say, Sony closes closes Naughty Dog. They may or may not be able to go and use the studio name, intellectual properties etc. unless stipulated in contract. Hopefully the second does well and this contines. Thq has mostly just had a string of bad luck with homefront and red faction:Armageddon. Got some big titles coming that should produce.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#40 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

In for a copy on the PS3. Will add this to my backlog for that price.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#41 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

yeah awesome game easy fun plat. i love his horse. good stuff and 9.99 is killer ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#42 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

Finished this recently on the PS3, one of the 10 best of this gen imo. If it weren't so fresh in my mind I'd pick it up and play it again on the 360 for the achievements. Someday.

#43 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Bleh, got an email saying it's backordered.
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#44 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Sort of like the situation with Activision and Respawn Entertainment (former owners of Infinity Ward)

#45 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Thanks, I just ordered a PS3 copy. I had been waiting for this to drop from the typical $20 average price.

#46 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

That's true but THQ would have to sell it to another company and that will not happen. If the game flops, no company will buy them. If the game is a hit then they will not sell them since they need the revenue.

#47 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Had to resist this one. I just got rid of a bunch of games in my lowball, and I already have 3 games sitting here unopened since last week. Can we form some sort of group counseling? LOL

#48 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Since my $5.50 order from a couple weeks back seems perpetually backordered, I ordered a $9.99 copy for in-store pickup. Let's see if I get the email saying it's ready.

I might take a printout of the $5.50 copy to see if they'll price adjust. Anyone have experience getting this accomplished?
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#49 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Bleh, got an email saying it's backordered.

I ordered one Ps3 copy yesterday and I got the same email this morning, hope it ships.
Posted Image

#50 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

I had no idea people liked this game I rented it when it came out and thought it wasn't very good. As it just seemed as a game with a identity crysis since the core mechanics where just ripping off other games like Gow,Zelda, and even portal

#51 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thanks OP, scheduled for in-store pick last night and just picked it up. Must have got the last one at my store.

#52 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

I had no idea people liked this game I rented it when it came out and thought it wasn't very good. As it just seemed as a game with a identity crysis since the core mechanics where just ripping off other games like Gow,Zelda, and even portal

I think all the recent previews of Darksiders II have piqued interest in the original. To be honest, I don't remember much advertisement for the first game so it slipped completely under my radar.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#53 AteBit

AteBit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Already played and beat this, for $10 I'll add to my collection. I only hope it has the foil cover like the original release.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

the copy I ordered some 3 weeks ago for $5.50 NEW is in the process of being fulfilled it says (under my Order Status). It use to say Backordered on that page.

#55 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thank OP. Just picked up a copy for me and a friend. Can't wait to try it out.
135068.png]

#56 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

the copy I ordered some 3 weeks ago for $5.50 NEW is in the process of being fulfilled it says (under my Order Status). It use to say Backordered on that page.

Same here, so I hope that's a good sign!
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#57 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Dam, i just bought a used copy from Hastings for $10. I would have preferred a new copy.

#58 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Where's my $5.50 copy?

I'm wondering that too , however I looked at my credit card statement and I noticed that best buy charged my card last week so I hope to see my copy in the mail soon.
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

I decided to play it on hard... don't.
From what I've read that's why I'm not enjoying it.
The hard mode just makes it annoying.

#60 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

I decided to play it on hard... don't.
From what I've read that's why I'm not enjoying it.
The hard mode just makes it annoying.

You would say it's more difficult than God of War III on hard?
Posted Image