Tales of graces F

CH82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
How long do you guys figure before we see a price cut for this title. I'd like to pick it up but 59 is a bit much considering the downward price pressure these days.

Well, the price history on Vesperia is a good thing to note. IIRC it ran something like:
It released at full price, and mostly soldout. There were a handful of sales it could be had at, like the usual Bestbuy 10% off sales and such. When soldout the used market dipped down to maybe $40-$50, and stuck there. After a long time of being soldout Namdai gave into the fan demand and tossed out a second printing @ $20, at which point the used value naturally tanked.

So yeah, YMMV on Namdai actually tossing out reprints. If you want a new copy it's a gamble to wait for a signifigant price cut, it may never come.

I feel bad waiting to a price drop this game; JRPGs are getting slammed these days and I'd love to support them mope enthusiastically. Alas, I'm super poor so I gotta cheap out on this. I'm holding out till the 20 mark myself.

[quote name='Lockescythe']IDK this one had alot more stores it was released at including bestbuy and fs. Its possible it could eventually go clearance.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to see Graces f and Abyss 3DS at Walmart. Mainly because the website didn't list Walmart as a retailer. But then again, I also saw Vesperia at Walmart back then.

I'm going to blame you guys if we don't get Xilla now! If their is one game series to not cheap out on it's Tales...

Given how low the print run was on this you might honestly be better off not waiting.

We get so few of the Tales games localized that I'm giving them my money just so the others can see the light of day in the West.

[quote name='Lockescythe']If they had done the fancy steelbook like w vesperia I'd have bought it at launch.[/QUOTE]

+1, I still have my Vesperia steelbook that's now ultra rare.

I was trying to wait for at least a small discount, but it showed up in my Amazon quick picks for $56.xx so I just bit the bullet and ordered it.

It's the first Tales game I've played and I'm loving it so far.

Also Bandai Namco has lost all their tales love for me when they didn't release the bulk of their PS2 releases and are picky choosy and what Tales games come here that no matter how well they sell or are reviewed (symphonia) the series won't be released in its full in english.

I am bitter that I can't play Tales of Destiny Remake and Tales of Destiny 2 among many others.

So I'll grab it when it's 40 or less.

symphonia i heard was cause of the fact that the script belongs to nintendo and they definitely don't want to have to redo the script just so they can do the ps2 port.

the other ps2 tales were probably related to SCEA's fairly restrictive rules on what games would be localized or not.

You could have gotten it for $40 on day one by preordering at gamestop and selling the DLC code for $25

http://www.game.co.uk/en/tales-of-g...128381?pageSize=20&searchTerm=tales of graces

Tales of Graces F Special Edition announced for UK
I think this is cheapest price at around $70 shipped approximately.

The Tales of Graces F Special Edition includes:

- The Original Soundtrack
- Behind the Scenes Videos
- High quality hardback art book
- Newly designed folded box
- Special in-game content is also included with original costumes from Tales of Destiny 2 and a custom PlayStation 3 theme (European PSN dlc)

If you've been holding out, this is a fairly standard Special Edition for $10 more than regular. and it comes with the alternate art cover.

T_T So jealous right now. I beat Graces f a few weeks ago and loved it, but I'm not sure if I should double dip. I really want that artbook. :/

I'm planning to sell my copy when this one arrives. At the very least you'll offset some of the price. I figure I can get at least $40 out of it.

Hmmm. I've never sold any of my games before. I get attached to objects, I don't think I could sell it lol. It's only a matter of time until I give in and order the special edition, but I don't know from which online shop yet.

It's also on zavvi for £34.85 + £0.99 shipping, which comes out to around $58. I've heard mixed reports about their packaging on limited editions, though.

Last time I ordered the Demon Souls Phantom Edition off of them and the box came in a bubble mailer and dinged around the edges. Just a heads up.

I received a unique £3 off £30 code from The Hut that worked on Tales of Graces f. Check your emails, as I believe the 10% off codes they sometimes send don't work on preorders.

AFAIK they charge when the item ships, but its been about a year since the last time I ordered.

Ended up preordering from Zavvi after reading how much trouble people had with The Hut's CSR

Edit: Once the order is in.

Please note: For Credit Card and PayPal orders, you will not be charged until your order is dispatched.

[quote name='maigoyume']AFAIK they charge when the item ships, but its been about a year since the last time I ordered.

Ended up preordering from Zavvi after reading how much trouble people had with The Hut's CSR

Edit: Once the order is in.

Please note: For Credit Card and PayPal orders, you will not be charged until your order is dispatched.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot for the info! Now, I just gotta sell my NA copy.

[quote name='wing00']Thanks alot for the info! Now, I just gotta sell my NA copy.[/QUOTE]Just sold mine for about $40 so I'm happy :lol:

[quote name='TronB']I went with Zavvi as well, I hope the packaging is good. ;_;[/QUOTE]*fingers crossed* not hoping for another Demon Souls repeat :whistle2:#

I don't normally buy imports, but this special edition is really tempting. Judging from the trailer, is the actual game the same as the US release? Same voices anyway...

Man, it would suck if my save file didn't work though.

[quote name='maigoyume']That's not a bad deal, anyone have experience ordering from these guys?[/QUOTE]

sorry for the bump, I'm interested in Tales of Graces F limited edition -- but I thought game.co.uk were supposed to shutdown?

I'm looking for a good place to order from, which will send to Canada. Quality of shipping is first concern (so I won't go with Zavvi)

Got my copy from Zavvi, did anyone else? One side did get a little beat up, but not as bad I was expecting it to be.

Still waiting on my copy to show, it did get sent out on Sept 30 though.

Anyone else get charged extra? I ended getting 2 payments, one for the game and then another for .99 GBP

Actually looking at my credit card history, my card was charged $57.88 then another $1.52 CDN.

But uh...the soundtrack that came with the game was full of .wav files, so I can't import the CD onto itunes. Anything I can do to make them mp3 files?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine showed up today, the cardboard outside case is a bit dented in, otherwise its in decent shape. Everything inside is fine.

Though to their credit they did ship it in a sorta sturdy cardboard box this time instead of a bubble mailer. Came less mangled than Demon Souls.

I think my total was $56.65 + $1, still don't know what that extra charge is for. Will check it out tm.

bread's done
Back