Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/16/12 to 4/21/12)

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#151 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Might have to snag Dance Central 2 for $32. Don't think it's been cheaper elsewhere for a while? I only recall Walmart's Black Friday deal of $15 being cheaper...

#152 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Anyone know if the The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is a limited time thing? Will stores eventually just have the game and not all the free bits?

#153 DANNY2582

DANNY2582

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

269.99 for the xbox 250 gb, 20 bucks less or a free game and im in! Guess you can call me "cheap"

#154 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Might have to snag Dance Central 2 for $32. Don't think it's been cheaper elsewhere for a while? I only recall Walmart's Black Friday deal of $15 being cheaper...

Dance Central 2 will be $39.99, not $31.99

Regular price of DC2 is $49.99. 20% off of that makes it $39.99

Adding in prices in OP...

#155 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

tiger woods dropped faaaaaaaaast!!

#156 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Anyone know if the The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is a limited time thing? Will stores eventually just have the game and not all the free bits?

It's not a timed exclusive or anything. The "Enhanced Edition" is the base game on the X360.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#157 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

It's not a timed exclusive or anything. The "Enhanced Edition" is the base game on the X360.

Ahh ok thanks :)

#158 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

The only video game deal in this week's ad:

:ps3: Buy a PS3 system, get :ps3: Mass Effect 3 for 50% off, making it $29.99.

From future ad preview on SYWR site:

April 22 to April 28:
:ps3: Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy the 320GB PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle for $299.99, get a $25 gaming coupon towards a future video game purchase between April 29 to June 9.

#159 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Might have To cancel my toys r us preorder of Witcher and pick it up at Target.

#160 Fabs

Fabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I literally saw this post, ran outside my work, and screamed at the top of my lungs, "Come back Kmartgamer!!!! Come! Back!!!!!"

#161 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Lol kmart.

#162 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

tiger woods dropped faaaaaaaaast!!

It doesl every year. That franchise has really dropped off.

#163 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

I was just thinking to myself that there were quite a few 3DS and DS games in the next few months where I would jump on a coupon train if any store had it. Alas, we miss you SHC-Gamer

SI

#164 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

So what happened to Josh after all? anyone know. I think he got screwed over so much over the coupons that they just fired him.

#165 Fabs

Fabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

I dunno about you guys but the coupon train actually got myself to shop for other things too. I refuse to buy anything from there again. Josh did something for kmart no other department did. When i go with my girlfriend now i swing by the games and laugh at the piles of new releases. Im sure the big wigs figured those customers would still come...

#166 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

So what happened to Josh after all? anyone know. I think he got screwed over so much over the coupons that they just fired him.

cant ever recall a great coupon from there
WOOOO I STINK

#167 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

I dunno about you guys but the coupon train actually got myself to shop for other things too. I refuse to buy anything from there again. Josh did something for kmart no other department did. When i go with my girlfriend now i swing by the games and laugh at the piles of new releases. Im sure the big wigs figured those customers would still come...

No kidding. I found 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy at my local K-Mart last weekend.

#168 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Are you kidding me?

The absolute best other retailers give right now is $20 "coupon/games credit", and that is getting more rare these days.

KMART was doing that on practically every single new release. But for many games they far and away beat a mere $20 offer.

Arkham City $30 at launch (but good thing I waited for the $9.99 Best Buy deal)
L.A. Noire = $20 gaming credit PLUS pick ANY game priced $20 or below for free
Crysis 2 = $20 gaming credit PLUS $30 off a $50 PSN/XBLA card
Dragon Age: 2 $20 Gaming Credit PLUS $30 off a $50 PSN/XBLA card
Yakuza 4 = $20 Credit PLUS get Yakuza 3 for free (or you could buy Yakuza 3 for $14.99 by itself, and this was long before this game became cheap)

I remember KMART also had random random deals on games for $19.99 long before they hit that price at other stores (remember getting deals on Sly Collection, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, and Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition LOONNNNG before anyone else had significant sales on them)
Obviously their strength was "launch week" deals. They also had some ok deals on older games, but that obviously wasn't their strength.

#169 Dread Fox

Dread Fox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

This Darksiders for $9.99 thing is confusing me. I haven't seen that game stocked new at retailers for a very long time. Now the website has it listed for $19.99 for pre order, a release date of 4/15, and this ad claims BB stores will have it tomorrow for $9.99?

What am I missing here?

#170 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

I actually saw a couple of copies of PS3 version of Darksiders at my local Best Buy here in Northern Colorado this evening. They were sitting in a small "Darksiders 2" cardboard stand on an end cap away from the PS3 games section. The game was priced for 19.99 though. Had I known it was really for 9.99, I would have TOTALLY bought a copy. #-o

#171 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

I actually saw a couple of copies of PS3 version of Darksiders at my local Best Buy here in Northern Colorado this evening. They were sitting in a small "Darksiders 2" cardboard stand on an end cap away from the PS3 games section. The game was priced for 19.99 though. Had I known it was really for 9.99, I would have TOTALLY bought a copy. #-o

well it isn't supposed to be $9.99 until tomorrow.
not 100% sure if it will be $9.99 though.

#172 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

And notice how the Amazon deals (and BB to a lesser extent) have died since K-mart's program died.

#173 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

Seeing as a BB nearby is closing and since the closing sales start tomorrow, would the closing stores even carry the $9.99 darksiders?

#174 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

I totally miss SHC-Gamer and the coupon trains in general :(

and a FYI.. I got an e-mail today saying that from today to 4/22, my reward points would be tripled if I redeemed them - I have like $5, so i would get $15 if i used them. Not sure if this was random, sent to people with low amounts, or what.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#175 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

The only halfway decent coupon was the Fallout New Vegas coaster one.

Arkham City $30 at launch (but good thing I waited for the $9.99 Best Buy deal)
Crysis 2 = $20 gaming credit PLUS $30 off a $50 PSN/XBLA card
Dragon Age: 2 $20 Gaming Credit PLUS $30 off a $50 PSN/XBLA card
Yakuza 4 = $20 Credit PLUS get Yakuza 3 for free (or you could buy Yakuza 3 for $14.99 by itself, and this was long before this game became cheap)

L.A. Noire was only worth about $20 as it got very boring very quickly, Arkham City was a better deal at Walmart at launch since you got Arkham Asylum with it for the $60 and Crysis 2 was only worth the $3 I paid for it used a couple of months ago from BB.

And notice how the Amazon deals (and BB to a lesser extent) have died since K-mart's program died.

Amazon's deals were dying long before Kmart's gaming program went away. They only seem to price match other retailers anymore. As for Best Buy, last fall around Thanksgiving/Christmas begs to differ. Not to mention the @Gamer coupons currently being offered in their magazine provide phenomenal deals at times($10 Arkham City, $5 Rage, Bulletstorm and Mass Effect 2 and so on).

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#176 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Crysis 2 = $20 gaming credit PLUS $30 off a $50 PSN/XBLA card.

*SIGH* I remember those days. The LA Noire deal was an absolute steal(snagged Enslaved as the free game). I wanted to splurg and get Crysis 2(mainly for $30 off a $50 xbl card), but my wife threw a fit for a week when I said I was gonna buy C2. Meh, I still remember that hissy fit lol.......ah good times....

#177 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Anybody else get those "Hey you have $30 / $50 in credit. Oops we made a mistake, you don't" emails from KMart Rewards.
Posted Image

#178 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Crysis 2 was only worth the $3 I paid for it used a couple of months ago from BB.

You mean used games are much cheaper half a year after their release? Amazing.

#179 jdiknght24

jdiknght24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

My local gamestop price matched a 4gb vita memory card to walmarts online price, they charge 24.99 for them and walmart is 19.96

#180 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

Anybody else get those "Hey you have $30 / $50 in credit. Oops we made a mistake, you don't" emails from KMart Rewards.

That I did. Though with the PSPGo's I bought from Sears I likely should have more than I do in points. But I guess maybe they didn't post yet or whatever. It's saying I still only have about $3.60 in credit on there. That's kinda pathetic for $200+ spent.:roll:

You mean used games are much cheaper half a year after their release? Amazing.

Yes. Yes it is.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image