Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/16/12 to 4/21/12)

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#211 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Yeah when you play the career mode, when those courses come up you either have to pay or skip that tournament. In 12 you had to buy them, no choice. With 13 they let you either earn or buy coins that let you temporarily unlock the courses, but you should just buy them outright b/c the time committment to earn enough coins to rent rounds on the locked courses doesn't balance out.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#212 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Garbage deals hopefully they have some good in store local deals when I go tomorrow. I mean come on just dance 3 was $29.99 last week!

I'd disagree w/Witcher 2 on 360 being $10 off. Not bad if you don't want to wait a week for TRU slow, free shipping.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#213 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Prices for MW3 and Gears 3 just went live.

Shipping almost kills this for me but fortunately my store has the store pick up option available.

#214 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

makes me sad that ToysRus took away shoprunner for video games I woulda totally bought MW3 online but I guess I gotta travel to the store tomorrow.

#215 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

makes me sad that ToysRus took away shoprunner for video games I woulda totally bought MW3 online but I guess I gotta travel to the store tomorrow.

Yep makes my shoprunner almost worthless... except that you get free delivery at Dominos and I can use it at Newegg but newegg's shipping is almost always free anyways and they are good at getting you your items fast.

The only other place I've found a use for it is at GNC.

I can't complain b/c my membership was free but the reason I really liked it at first was cause it used to work at TRU

#216 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

cant ever recall a great coupon from there

While a lot of them are debatable, Legend of Zelda OOT with 15 coupon was a good deal.

Legend of Zelda OoT for 25
+ Club Nintendo points
+ LoZ Soundtrack

all on release day... I mean how could you complain?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#217 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

MW3 (PS3) is $29.99 at TRU eBay site... ships free if you spend more then $75

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c50f0d93

#218 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Are you kidding me?

The absolute best other retailers give right now is $20 "coupon/games credit", and that is getting more rare these days.

KMART was doing that on practically every single new release. But for many games they far and away beat a mere $20 offer.

Arkham City $30 at launch (but good thing I waited for the $9.99 Best Buy deal)
L.A. Noire = $20 gaming credit PLUS pick ANY game priced $20 or below for free
Crysis 2 = $20 gaming credit PLUS $30 off a $50 PSN/XBLA card
Dragon Age: 2 $20 Gaming Credit PLUS $30 off a $50 PSN/XBLA card
Yakuza 4 = $20 Credit PLUS get Yakuza 3 for free (or you could buy Yakuza 3 for $14.99 by itself, and this was long before this game became cheap)

I remember KMART also had random random deals on games for $19.99 long before they hit that price at other stores (remember getting deals on Sly Collection, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, and Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition LOONNNNG before anyone else had significant sales on them)
Obviously their strength was "launch week" deals. They also had some ok deals on older games, but that obviously wasn't their strength.

I beat most of the deals @ BB buying day 1

Batman:$20 credit thru 5 for $100 deal & $35-$40 after price match
LA Noire:$40 after pm & $20 credit...the $20 I got back could goto the same free $20 or less game @ anytime I want it with better stock since I'm not locked into any store with cash.
Dragon Age 2: was $15 new using a $20 off @gamer coupon combined w/sale price...not at launch but I think only 1-2 months after release
Crysis 2:$40 w/$10 credit
Yakuza 4:was $40 @ launch no pm needed
not only that most of these game launched prior to the paid gamers club so I was earning another $10 for $150 spent on games combined with 25% silver bonus & the flips from the DA2 @gamer coupons netted more than enuf credit to cover several 5 for $100 deals which also stacked credit. I believe that months issue of @gamer was the 1st where the coupons started stacking...AC:B was $15, NFS hot pursuit was $20 & there was a 50% off used game coupon the netted TONS of deals(assuming your BB had good stock).

But the coupon trains did offer another option for those w/o a BB near then & competition is always good for customers so I was sorry to see it go away even though there was no deal that I actually used thru them.

#219 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wait are you telling me i only have to spend 200+ dollars to get 30 dollars off mass effect 3?

Oh my god kmart take all my money

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#220 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

How do you know this?

most likely a store employee...it's also been confirmed by another CAG on the previous page. They're doing this to assist in promoting Darksiders 2.

#221 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

What the hell? Already sold out online:
http://www.bestbuy.c...iders&lp=1&cp=1

What's going on here?

Just a reminder - the used edition is still only $4.99 - if you can find one.

#222 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

What the hell? Already sold out online:
http://www.bestbuy.c...iders&lp=1&cp=1

What's going on here?

I'm just as confused as you are.

I was thinking the same. I woke up very early today to pick up a Ps3 copy and nothing, OOS online.
Posted Image

#223 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

If the app on my phone is to be believed, then there are no copies of Darksiders within a 50 mile radius of me. :(

Oh well, I grabbed Borderlands GOTY since I have the giftcards for it.

#224 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Great. A sale for a game that is nowhere to be found.

#225 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Got in on Darksiders when BB had it for $5.50 + free shipping. Still waiting for it to ship. Crosses fingers....

Edited by thegreek, 15 April 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#226 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Thanks TC just got a Dark Siders
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#227 The Brief Chef

The Brief Chef

Actor, Chef, etc....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Grabbed Borderlands GOTY yesterday from a Sacramento BBY. Going to price match today. Didn't see a single Darksiders. And it looked like someone had tried to hide Borderlands. Now to find a used copy of the vanilla version to give to my brothers so we can share the dlc
Posted Image

#228 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Preview of the ad includes for "Reward Zone Gamers Club Members" ONLY:

25% Select PS3 Accessories &

$25 off Madden NFL 12

ANy more information on this? I don't see it anywhere in the ad...

#229 Dread Fox

Dread Fox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Great. A sale for a game that is nowhere to be found.

I just got 1 from BB. It's true that they only have like 4 copies and they kinda have their own little kiosk so don't go looking for it amongst the other games.

#230 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

I beat most of the deals @ BB buying day 1

Batman:$20 credit thru 5 for $100 deal & $35-$40 after price match
LA Noire:$40 after pm & $20 credit...the $20 I got back could goto the same free $20 or less game @ anytime I want it with better stock since I'm not locked into any store with cash.
Dragon Age 2: was $15 new using a $20 off @gamer coupon combined w/sale price...not at launch but I think only 1-2 months after release
Crysis 2:$40 w/$10 credit
Yakuza 4:was $40 @ launch no pm needed
not only that most of these game launched prior to the paid gamers club so I was earning another $10 for $150 spent on games combined with 25% silver bonus & the flips from the DA2 @gamer coupons netted more than enuf credit to cover several 5 for $100 deals which also stacked credit. I believe that months issue of @gamer was the 1st where the coupons started stacking...AC:B was $15, NFS hot pursuit was $20 & there was a 50% off used game coupon the netted TONS of deals(assuming your BB had good stock).

But the coupon trains did offer another option for those w/o a BB near then & competition is always good for customers so I was sorry to see it go away even though there was no deal that I actually used thru them.

Honestly, we didn't start seeing a lot of those deals until KMart started offering deals. I honestly believe that BB offered the 5/$100 in response to them and their whole gamer membership and magazine looks just like KMart's deals only BB, as they always do, figures out how to monetize it and keep people on the subscription hook to subsidize their spending. Target and Toys R Us started having to try a little above and beyond their respective niches of clearance sales and the occasional B2G1, respectively. And there's the ever present Amazon match. The second half of last year was one of the best time for new release deals ever.

Now, I'm not a new release person, typically. There are a couple of franchises I'll get pretty close to release (Pokemon, Zelda) and an occasional oddball (like GS-exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles) but for the most part, I'd rather have 5 games a year or two late than a single game at release. But with $15 and $20 DS deals, KMart was starting to get me to try and get another tier of games at the release date as the marginal cost was substantially less.

It doesn't take the proverbial "mobs and mobs of people storming KMart". If each of those places are losing a small but decent percentage of traffic, that's when we started getting even better deals to lure us back to other locations. And that's when we started getting fights over the best deals and in the end. It's reasonable to say that we could expect 2-3 substantial new release deals for every A+ or even A new release last year to compete against each other and we don't see much of that now.

SI

#231 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Is there a price drop on the CE version? I highly doubt it, but I wonder if I get some incompetent employee to honor it...worth a shot...

Assuming you're talking about ME3, this. I'd love to be able to pm the ME3 CE.
Posted Image

#232 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

anyone go pm mass effect 3 yet today without any trouble?

#233 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Preview of the ad includes for "Reward Zone Gamers Club Members" ONLY:

25% Select PS3 Accessories &

$25 off Madden NFL 12

ANy more information on this? I don't see it anywhere in the ad...

My bad. I should have been more specific and said the online ad. Anyway, if you log into your reward zone account and click on the Gamers Club Tab, the two offers will appear.

$25 off Madden which becomes $34.99 &

25% off these (3) PS3 Sony Items

Blu-ray Disc remote control $24.99 ($18.74 after discount)

DualShock 3 charging station $29.99 ($22.49 after discount)

Bluetooth mono earset $49.99 ($37.49 after discount)

#234 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

just went to best buy and they did not have darksiders :(

#235 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Just got darksiders from the gurnee, il BB. Had 2 left after I got mine and were shelved behind the gaming cashier

#236 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Anybody been to one of the store closing sales today? Anything good?

#237 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

wondering the same thing

#238 NLW1999

NLW1999

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Went to the closing store in Omaha, 20% off any remaining games. Used my $15 off Homefront coupon and ended up being $0.00 after coupon. :D Didn't bring the mag with me but I'll try to pick up R3 preowned later.

#239 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

PS3 Darksiders rang up at $9.99 in store today. Only 2 left at the Glendale, CA BB, behind the gaming desk.

#240 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

They did not have Darksiders in my BB. However the guy said that he would get someone to grab one from another store and bring it over for me! That was nice of him.