Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/16/12 to 4/21/12)

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#241 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Went to the closing store in Omaha, 20% off any remaining games. Used my $15 off Homefront coupon and ended up being $0.00 after coupon. :D Didn't bring the mag with me but I'll try to pick up R3 preowned later.

in NE? I didn't know Omaha was closing one down. Don't they have like 3?

#242 NLW1999

NLW1999

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

in NE? I didn't know Omaha was closing one down. Don't they have like 3?

Yup. The "Millard" location got the news yesterday. They shoulda closed that rat trap off Dodge.

#243 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Just got back from my closing store. 20 percent off new and used. ME 3 would be 32 since its on sale. Other than that not worth the time. Black Friday size crowds for much of nothing.

#244 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

were things at the weekly deal price? or were things msrp

#245 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Actually the Gamer's Club was free for over a year and they provided coupons you could print out on your own that gave you discounts on various games. Albeit many of those coupons made the games free after their use due to someone at BB corporate not closely monitoring the sales they were running in conjunction with the coupons.

But to say that Kmart's program suddenly made BB or any other retailer take notice and actually change their sales tactics is pure speculation.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#246 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Got a copy of Darksiders for the PS3 at the Farmington, CT, store. Thanks to whoever pointed out that they'd be in their own little carboard display.

If anyone's in the area and heading that way: they had 4 copies left for Xbox and only 2 left for PS3.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#247 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I wonder if they even had Darksiders inventory? The damn site it out and you can't even do site to store pickup or check your local store's inventory for it. WTF. I'm tempted to call BB and ask about it, I really doubt the folks working there would buy up all the Darksiders if I call? I just really don't want to drive down there for nothing.

#248 xRandizzy

xRandizzy

Legendary Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

I picked up a copy of Darksiders, there was a little cardboard sign. 2 more copies (PS3) @ Westminster, CA. Thank yous !

#249 jsub

jsub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I called a few TRUS around me in Orange County and these games are both regularly priced ($60 MW3, $50 GOW3). Does anybody know what's going on? I'd like Bestbuy to price match my purchases from 2 weeks ago. Thanks!
Posted Image

#250 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

I wonder if they even had Darksiders inventory? The damn site it out and you can't even do site to store pickup or check your local store's inventory for it. WTF. I'm tempted to call BB and ask about it, I really doubt the folks working there would buy up all the Darksiders if I call? I just really don't want to drive down there for nothing.

Here is a stock locator link. (clear your cookies and cache before clicking the link)

I have a feeling THQ might offer Darksiders free with Darksiders 2, at least for the PS3 version. They did the same for Saints Row 3 where they offered Saints Row 2 free. Heck they did it for Darksiders, where they offered Red Fraction Guerrilla for free.

#251 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Here is a stock locator link. (clear your cookies and cache before clicking the link)

I have a feeling THQ might offer Darksiders free with Darksiders 2, at least for the PS3 version. They did the same for Saints Row 3 where they offered Saints Row 2 free. Heck they did it for Darksiders, where they offered Red Fraction Guerrilla for free.

Damn my store doesn't have the ps3 version. Maybe I'll take the ad to target and buy it there.

Looks like its in stock used. I could get it free with my $5 RZ credit but I'd rather buy new since I recently bought stock in the company and don't want them to go out of business.

#252 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Damn my store doesn't have the ps3 version. Maybe I'll take the ad to target and buy it there.

Looks like its in stock used. I could get it free with my $5 RZ credit but I'd rather buy new since I recently bought stock in the company and don't want them to go out of business.

Like others have said, don't look for Darksiders with the rest of the games-you prob won't find any there. There is a cardboard standee that has some elsewhere-look for that. The one I saw had no PS3 versions left but the employee got more out from the back when I asked him to. Also, it is indeed on sale for $9.99 like the Xbox version. The ad that shows $9.99 for Xbox and $19.99 for PS3 is a confirmed typo.

#253 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

I called a few TRUS around me in Orange County and these games are both regularly priced ($60 MW3, $50 GOW3). Does anybody know what's going on? I'd like Bestbuy to price match my purchases from 2 weeks ago. Thanks!

TRU has been selecting various markets to test out stores where the weekly ad is not in effect for the past month or so.

You just happen to be in one of those markets this week.

#254 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Can you buy online and do instore pickup?

#255 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Amazon is price matching the digital download version which you can just take the code and put into origin. http://www.amazon.co..._myd_asin_block
Insert clever line here......

#256 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Just got back from Bestbuy and Darksiders was located at the gaming table where you trade in games in it's own cardboard display advertising Darksiders II. I also got a PM for my midnight purchase of Mass Effect 3 no problem, all you need is the receipt.

#257 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

guys lets let amazon know about this prices to see if they match them, they did last week with the best buy prices

#258 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Not a bad price for MW3 I suppose.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#259 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Can you buy online and do instore pickup?

http://www.toysrus.c...goryId=12843644

Looks like GoW3 is the only one that is not eligible for in-store pickup.

#260 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Why is everyone wanting a copy of darksiders? Is it getting rare?

#261 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Anyone get the Skylanders Volcanic Vault? Is it worth the trouble??

#262 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

TLDR version: I bought this for $3.09 at Sears.

Longer version:
Saw on Google Shopping that Sears has it for 23.97. Went there with the physical ad from the paper. waited around for 10 minutes to get a person in electronics. Showed him the ad, he called the manager, manager instructed him to call Best Buy, he called Best Buy and asked if they had it and what the price was. They told him that they had one left for Xbox 360 and that it was 9.99. They asked him if this was a price match, he told them no and they told him they would hold this for him, he told them he'd "be right there to get it". Sears doesn't just price match, they match + give 10% of the difference between the two prices! So that was another $1.40 off. Plus today they're doubling shop your way rewards points. I had $2.75 worth which was doubled automatically to $5.50 off. $3.09 + tax was the total.

Some Sears stores in my area have Darksiders for more and some for less so the "price match guarantee" 10% extra off may differ by location.

Because it's supposed to be a relatively good game and it's very cheap. Darksiders 2 comes out sometime this summer.

#263 zyk

zyk

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

I haven't played the game, but $10 for a good looking game is probably the reason

#264 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

It looks like you can add Darksiders to your cart now for in store pickup. So I would suggest that instead of blindly going to a Best Buy

#265 blazers29

blazers29

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I might have to go to BBY for a pricematch on MW3.

#266 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Darksiders were gone before the store even opened...people ordered online for in-store pick up.
Eh, I could head to Target and PM the thing since I grabbed the ad.

I just rather buy it from BB cause I had BB credits.

I mostly went there to PM ME3 and pre-order Witcher 2 so I can PM's Target 49.99 price from this weeks ad ;D...I just get a free shirt with it.
Wasn't even planning on getting it but everyone was raving about it so why not?

#267 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hey, my game came with a code on a card (card says "DO NOT DISCARD") that instructs me to go to Darksiders.com to redeem. Obviously when I go there it's all about Darksiders 2 now. I wonder if this three year old card does anything any more? Did anyone else get this card with their game? It's probably safe to assume only the original print run has them?

Damn, looks like the code was for a free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla and some other stuff but that it was only valid until some time in 2010. :(
http://www.joystiq.c...action-guerril/

#268 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hey, my game came with a code on a card (card says "DO NOT DISCARD") that instructs me to go to Darksiders.com to redeem. Obviously when I go there it's all about Darksiders 2 now. I wonder if this three year old card does anything any more? Did anyone else get this card with their game? It's probably safe to assume only the original print run has them?

Damn, looks like the code was for a free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla and some other stuff but that it was only valid until some time in 2010. :(
http://www.joystiq.c...action-guerril/

That is why I have a feeling they will offer darksiders 1 free with purchase of darksiders 2. THQ has been doing this type of offer since darksiders 1 on most of there games. Saints row 3 came with Saints row 2 free. Homefront came with metro 2033 free.

#269 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

That is why I have a feeling they will offer darksiders 1 free with purchase of darksiders 2. THQ has been doing this type of offer since darksiders 1 on most of there games. Saints row 3 came with Saints row 2 free. Homefront came with metro 2033 free.

Well, I already finished that Red Faction game anyway but it still would have been nice to get free stuff. I don't feel too bad even if they do give Darksiders 1 away for free, I only paid $3 for it plus I probably won't get the second for quite some time.

BTW, I recently bought Homefront for $9 on clearance at Target. Inside is a Homefront "Your Battle Code" but I see nothing about a free game? Does that battle code give the free game or did I buy a later printing that didn't come with the free game?

#270 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Very tempting on COD: MW3 for $29.99 and still need to beat MW2 but for that price might be worth a addition to the massive backlog!