Witcher 2 Dark Edition - Toys R Us - 99.99 FS

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

There is a newer unboxing video on Youtube, will look for it in a sec.

On the side of the box they have large serial numbers, it's four digits so only a few thousand were made.

edit;

FYI everything from 2:32 on is the standard edition of the game, so the dark edition includes the full-size hard bound art book, the Witcher necklace, and the making of DVD.

#32 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm pretty surprised with everybody else out of stock and ebay already going 170+ for this, TRU suddenly had it in stock.

I will need to monitor if it comes back in stock after release, if that happens I will just return it. I can return online items in TRU B&M store right?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#33 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I want to play this game since I've heard so much about it, but I haven't played the first one. I'm tired of the supposedly 'limited' editions and retailers going out of stock when it's still up for pre-order. Then once it's released, it's suddenly in-stock again, or a week or 2 later. I'll just hold out on this one.

#34 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

The artbook and necklace look great, but they are not worth an extra $54.99 to me (the price difference between the 'Enhanced' and 'Dark' versions of the game at TRU).

There is a strategy guide that is being released, but no hardcover either....
Posted Image

#35 malrock

malrock

Spends money unwisely

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

hmmm, now i'm starting to wonder just how limited the US release of the Dark Edition is going to be after all. Amazon just put the Dark edition back up for preorder..... interesting

#36 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

There is a much better chance of amazon actually having it than TRU.

As for why inventory pops up right before release, isn't it pretty obviously? Credit cards get pinged and doesn't go through and the customer never changes it. And I'm sure that any good retailer holds a few back as a safety net.

By the way, that's the polish version right? Just because it's 4 digits doesn't mean the US release is only limited to 9999 copies.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#37 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Now this makes the decision difficult. Keep TRU order with the ability to return in store at no charge up to 45 days after release, or order from Amazon for $10 less due to no tax?

#38 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Now this makes the decision difficult. Keep TRU order with the ability to return in store at no charge up to 45 days after release, or order from Amazon for $10 less due to no tax?

If you order at Amazon, couldn't you make the return as well?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#39 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I switched to Amazon. I'm more comfortable with how they'll handle shipping plus $10 saved is good for me.

I'm almost certain the edition was limited to 3k per region but I don't have a link to back it up

#40 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, but unless your reason for returning it is Amazon's fault (e.g., damaged packaging), they'll deduct a small amount from your refund as a "restocking fee" (I'm not sure if it's scaled depending on the cost of the item, but it might be ~$5).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#41 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, but then you're charged for the return shipment. Probably not a big charge, but I'd guess somewhere around $5.

#42 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, but then you're charged for the return shipment. Probably not a big charge, but I'd guess somewhere around $5.

yep $5.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#43 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

There is a much better chance of amazon actually having it than TRU.

As for why inventory pops up right before release, isn't it pretty obviously? Credit cards get pinged and doesn't go through and the customer never changes it. And I'm sure that any good retailer holds a few back as a safety net.

By the way, that's the polish version right? Just because it's 4 digits doesn't mean the US release is only limited to 9999 copies.

I tried to point that out earlier too...

#44 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Looks like Amazon has 94 of them left in stock right now. Just ordered 2 from Amazon. Thinking about cancelling my TRU order now, but I may just keep them all and either flip two or return the two worst ones to my local TRU once they all show up.

#45 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Well, I'll never order from Toys "R" Us again, after they shipped my copy of Mass Effect 3 (Collector's Edition) in an oversize bubble mailer! The outer case was all banged up and the disc inside is loose! I'm glad I can return the game to my local TRU store...

Anyway, I placed my order for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Enhanced Dark Edition) at CD Universe, last night. I hope it's securely packaged in a box instead of a bubble mailer...:pray:
Rise from your grave...

#46 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Well, I'll never order from Toys "R" Us again, after they shipped my copy of Mass Effect 3 (Collector's Edition) in an oversize bubble mailer! The outer case was all banged up and the disc inside is loose! I'm glad I can return the game to my local TRU store...

Anyway, I placed my order for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Enhanced Dark Edition) at CD Universe, last night. I hope it's securely packaged in a box instead of a bubble mailer...:pray:

Agreed. I ordered the Zelda Skyward Sword Gold Controller bundle through Toys R Us. Never again. They shipped it in a bubble mailer as well and it was completely beat to all hell by the time it got to me. I mean completely demolished. No matter how good of a deal it is, it's not worth it if the game arrives in shreds.

#47 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Listing looks like it was taken down.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#48 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

I don't see it on amazon or TRU now, at least not for preorder.

#49 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

Just got a notice that my order is on back order guess that means its a no go.

#50 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

backorder as well...I guess it was worth a shot. I bit disappointed in myself about not grabbing it earlier, the artbook looks amazing. I was more excited about the write-ups as opposed to the art itself

Wooo

#51 orcishlad

orcishlad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

My order is also backordered. Kinda sucks.

#52 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

any chances of the game actually getting shipped out?

Wooo

#53 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

just curious when did you guys place your orders??? i put mine in at 8am in the morning and it still says its in processing no email of backorder yet. i guess heres hoping on luck

#54 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

bah just got the notice myself this morning. figures it would happen from toysrus. oh well.

#55 y0shelite

y0shelite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

ugh...backordered. i put my order in at 7am ish EST yesterday.

what's even more annoying is that i had it preordered at gamestop and when i tried to change my CC info yesterday to use another card it canceled my preorder.

i went from thinking i was getting 2 copies to possibly no copies. i'm gonna call gamestop customer care but i have a feeling they're gonna tell me im SOL

#56 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

That sucks for all the back-ordered folks. I'm glad I jumped on the Amazon deal in time but maybe TRU will honor a free copy of the standard edition like BB did for the ones that didn't get it after having confirmed orders.

#57 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Backordered my 2 copies as well.

Luckily I had 2 backups from Amazon coming

I should have just listened to myself....

Good luck.

Given my recent track record with TRU for my ME3 CE I wouldn't be surprised if we never see this

#58 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Same here. Both of my TRU orders are backordered. Happy I was able to get in on the Amazon re-pop yesterday at least.

#59 y0shelite

y0shelite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

gamestop did me a solid and found me another copy...took half an hour on the phone, but it seems like i'll be getting it.

when i got the cancelation email yesterday i was bugging out

#60 bmOptimus

bmOptimus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Got backorder notices from both TRU and Fry's, but the GameStop order I placed yesterday shipped.