GameStop PowerUp Rewards exclusive sale prices

karyadi

CAGiversary!
Gamestop is having an PUR exclusive sale for certain pre-owned games. This is the list I got. Prices valid between Monday, April 16 through Sunday, April 22.

360:
Fable III - $9.99
Dark Souls - $24.99
Deus Ex - $24.99
Dragon Age Origins - $9.99
NCAA Football 12 - $29.99

PS3:
Call of Duty MW2 - $14.99
God of War 3 - $19.99
NBA 2K11 - $14.99
Madden NFL 11 - $9.99
Uncharted 2 - $19.99

Wii:
Just Dance - $19.99
Just Dance 2 - $24.99
Mario Party 8 - $29.99
The Smurfs Dance Party - $9.99
Star Wars The Force Unleashed - $9.99

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon Soulsilver or Heartgold (Game only) - $19.99
Animal Crossing - $14.99
Lego Star Wars, the Complete Saga - $9.99
Mario & Luigi: Browser's Inside Story - $19.99
Nintendogs (Best Friends, Chihuahua, Dalmatians, Labrador Retriever, Miniature Dachshund) - $9.99 each

EDIT:
Interesting price drops I saw in general,
SFIV: Arcade Edition (PS3/360) - $19.99 New and $17.99 Pre-owned.
FFXIII-2 CE - $59.99
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 - $39.99 new and $34.99 Pre-owned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I just threw up a little stomach acid in my mouth after reading this.

These should be the prices for these games NEW at worst.

Credit for taking the time to post them though. I got this email and deleted immediately.

Word I'm with technics on this one as well.

Thanks for the heads up. Also got this email, and had a glimmer of hope. That was extinguished with the quickness.

They're not terrible if you have the B2G1 free coupons or 20% off coupons, also heads-up, SFIV: Arcade Editions are $19.99 new and $17.99 in general for both the PS3 and 360. Cheaper than Amazon and Best Buy.

I'll hold out on Fable III in hopes of a platinum hits version with all of the download content included.

Is that Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition the definitive version? I still SSFIV at times for the same price.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'll hold out on Fable III in hopes of a platinum hits version with all of the download content included.

Is that Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition the definitive version? I still SSFIV at times for the same price.[/QUOTE]

It's the latest version and I think this is the last version for a while since Capcom moved on to SFxT. I think it was converted to Used as it's not available online anymore new. You can still find them new at shops.

Everyone else, jump on the GS hate train. They obviously need you. :roll:

I really hate to flame a topic since the OP took time to post it but damn what a crappy list of "deals". I also deleted the email after taking a 5 second look at it.

These are not good prices you are crazy. Maybe if they were new, but preowned hell no these games can be found for at least half the price used elsewhere and some can be found new for the same price!

NCAA Should be 30 new and even that is expensive with the new one coming out in 2 months Madden 11 and Nba 2k11 can be had at target for $10 bucks new

I'll probably get fable 3 again, I only beat the main quest and got bored with it. Now I have a friend who has it and we can try coop and the other quests

[quote name='Psychonik']These are not good prices you are crazy. Maybe if they were new, but preowned hell no these games can be found for at least half the price used elsewhere and some can be found new for the same price![/QUOTE]

Really? I'd love it if you would show me Mario Party 8 for $15.

I agree this sale is kinda weak but there are a few gems. I've never seen Mario Party 8 that cheap and since I have some extra credit I may swoop on Dark Souls since I can't seem to find it on the Target clearance.

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']SSF4 Arcade Edition's a really good price. Anybody know if this price drop's permanent?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that has actually been the price for quite awhile. I picked it up new at GS for $19.99 back in Feb.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Yes, that has actually been the price for quite awhile. I picked it up new at GS for $19.99 back in Feb.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I've been following it on Amazon for a while and it's usually $40 on there, so this is awesome news. Thanks for the heads up! :D

[quote name='zubalove']Fable 3 price looks good, no? Any reason to expect better on that one?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good if you can find it complete and scratch free

[quote name='zubalove']Fable 3 price looks good, no? Any reason to expect better on that one?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good if you can find it complete and scratch free. Better than risking ordering it and it missing one thing or the other

[quote name='KrisMKX']Yes, that has actually been the price for quite awhile. I picked it up new at GS for $19.99 back in Feb.[/QUOTE]

It, along with RE 5 Gold on PS3, actually dropped around Black Friday and the prices have stayed put.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is that Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition the definitive version? I still SSFIV at times for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Yes Arcade Edition is the final version of SF 4. Any other tweaks will be via patch. FYI Arcade Edition was also a $15 DLC for disc copies of SSFIV, so paying $20 to get everything is a great price.

[quote name='technics1200']Wow, I just threw up a little stomach acid in my mouth after reading this.

These should be the prices for these games NEW at worst.

Credit for taking the time to post them though. I got this email and deleted immediately.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, outside of your odd sale here and there, the MSRP on the Just Dance series has stayed at $40 for the main 3 games across all 3 platforms, no bottoming out like Ubisoft's other games. NBA 2K11 is a decent price also; as a comparision, NHL 11 is still $25 used at Gamestop. Fable 3 and DA: Origins are also good buys at $10, only time Dragon Age has been cheaper than that was on PC, and download versions at that, not disc.

I'm currently playing through Fable 3 and it's a hoot. I've having lots of fun with it, and it's cool turning on the ability to see all the other player orbs wandering around.

It's easily worth 10 dollars.

[quote name='Psychonik']These are not good prices you are crazy. Maybe if they were new, but preowned hell no these games can be found for at least half the price used elsewhere[/QUOTE]

Where can I get Dark Souls used for $12.50?

Thanks OP

Hey retailers, how about you put on sale the games that are relevant, like nba 2k12 instead of 2k11. I haven't seen the console version for a reasonable price since its release.

Also, where are the Vita deals? Does no one want this thing to sell?

2K12 is $40, decent price b/c the season is still active. It won't drop further until after the NBA Finals. Sports games never go below $40 minus some limited time online-only sales while the sport is in season.

This is GS trying to cut down inventory on games they have a TON of copies of and generate some more revenue while pushing the rewards program (you have to have PUR or PUR Pro to get the price.)

[quote name='Psychonik']These are not good prices you are crazy. Maybe if they were new, but preowned hell no these games can be found for at least half the price used elsewhere and some can be found new for the same price![/QUOTE]

Links to these at half these prices or are you just talking out you ass

Who really cares? You either like the items and the prices so you buy them, Or you don't. Move along and find something worthy to complain about.

bad prices and deals continue at GS. Best Buy is just so much better for games these days. And there at least the used games look new and don't have stickers all over them. I've used the PUR paid card a couple of times since October. Best Buy has had so many good deals since December when I signed up for their @Gamer thing that I was able to flip a lot of games to cover my current game collecting addiction lol.

Not bad on Goldeneye 007 Reloaded though, especially if you roll it with the B2G1.

[quote name='Psychonik']Oh I'm sorry that I was trying to find people better deals on a site called cheapassgamer. How rude of me. Since you insist. http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=n...ideo_Games_Games&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283[/QUOTE]

All of those listed are within a few dollars of Gamestop's price for it, which is nullified when you add in the 10% discount that PUR Pro members get.

Again, where's Dark Souls for $12.50, or Fable 3 for $5? You claim you can find a better deal but then can't post any that are notably cheaper? Why are you trying to mislead people into thinking that the game can be bought for less than it really can be?

[quote name='Edge']All of those listed are within a few dollars of Gamestop's price for it, which is nullified when you add in the 10% discount that PUR Pro members get.

Again, where's Dark Souls for $12.50, or Fable 3 for $5? You claim you can find a better deal but then can't post any that are notably cheaper? Why are you trying to mislead people into thinking that the game can be bought for less than it really can be?[/QUOTE]

Must be talking about that one store that is YMMV lol.

A good ebay could get one considerably cheaper like 5 bucks cheaper. The 10% from gamestop is dropped down to as low as 2% after tax, and then you factor in you get ebay bucks albeit a small amount you're still getting a better deal and can get a copy in much better condition. The problem is most people don't take the time to look elsewhere and just go to gamesotop or order online and end up with a ghetto copy. As far as half off goes I mostly just looked at the PS3 offerings since that's the only system I have.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Games-/1399...ideo_Games_Games&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Madden-NFL-...Games_Games&hash=item4d00428343#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NBA-2K11-So...Games_Games&hash=item27c59b2717#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.ebay.com/itm/God-War-III...Games_Games&hash=item2a1c09d5b7#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?LH_C...c=1&_sop=15&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=2

That's 5 out 5 for PS3 games . MW2 was the only one I had trouble finding a half off one. There are some, but could not verify condition.

bread's done
Back