Holographic Tupac performance at Coachella

Zack de la Rocha performed during DJ Shadow's set in the flesh. That was way cooler than whatever holographic, James Cameron bullshit they were trying to pull over at Dre + Snoop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't some artist do this at one of those themed-concerts-in-multiple-cities things like Live 8? Except it wasn't Live 8. I also thought I read recently they were doing a Nate Dogg hologram somewhere, but I could be mistaken.

[quote name='Adobe Jones']Doesn't Coachella start this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Weekend 1 ended last night. Weekend 2 starts next weekend (20-22).

That's pretty awesome, Snoop was so chill about it. Probably gets high enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he's used to seeing dead rappers rapping with him on stage

That was amazing, I knew I should have went this year!

I saw this earlier today, but seriously I am still in shock. I had to call two people to tell them to watch it after I saw it.

It is the best thing I will see this month. I guarantee it!

I like how they had him explode at the end so he was dead again.

Freddie Mercury back with Queen, Cliff Burton back with Metallica, James Brown back doing bizarre television interviews. HURRY UP

just think in a few years as tech improves and gets smaller you too can have your very own holographic tupac to peform for you and hang out with. maybe even throw in some teaching software so he can teach you about the thug life.

kinda curious how something like that could handle a pron scene or watch luke and darth vader fight it out in your living room in 3d or hell why not 3d wrestling ppvs in your home.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I like how they had him explode at the end so he was dead again.

Freddie Mercury back with Queen, Cliff Burton back with Metallica, James Brown back doing bizarre television interviews. HURRY UP[/QUOTE]

Queen with Holo-Freddie would put any other live VMA act to shame.

now that i think about it wasnt there an episode of arthur with a holographic band? hell how long till jem becomes a reality............

This is going to be one of those things where it's cool the first few times, and then some record label shells out to have Johnny Cash perform with One Direction and shit goes downhill immediately.

Still, I look forward to the in-their-primes Ali vs. Tyson fight, as well as Andre The Giant vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30.

I was one of the few people that thought his rap was ok but I do think he could have made a pretty big splash as an actor. Felt he was underrated in that area.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I was one of the few people that thought his rap was ok but I do think he could have made a pretty big splash as an actor. Felt he was underrated in that area.[/QUOTE]

agreed he was a much better actor than rapper imo and he was doing pretty well in that area. hes one of a few rappers who pulled it off.

Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg Live @ Coachella 2012 Full Set (2pac Hologram)

^ youtube that for whole 53 minute clip.

Someone sent it to me last night I got chills when hail mary came on....

Saw Snoop at Lollapalooza once. Made me wonder why people spend their hard earned money on rap music concert tickets. Snoop sucked so bad that people didn't applaud loud enough for one of his songs so he played it again. I think he was pissed because it was the Detroit show and the crowd was 99.8% white kids. I think there were like two black people in the crowd and they were like "You suck, get off the stage so Tool can play."

bread's done
Back