Crysis 3 Announced - Limited Edition $49.99 on Origin

It was leaked late last week by accident and was posted by game sites. All anyone had to go by was a tiny screenshot with the $49.99 price point which caused a lot of skepticism among readers, not that I really blame them. So any posts made about the game was purely in speculation until this morning when EA actually announced it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/12/crysis-3-reveal-set-for-april-16/

I could hope that a preorder discount is a trend that sticks in 2012, but I doubt it will.

There's also DIFFERENT pre-orders out there w/ DIFFERENT bonuses, depending on where you buy it - just so y'all know...

Hunter Edition - pretty much many will have this for Pre-Order:
Crytek also announced that players who are ready to start the hunt can pre-order the Crysis® 3 Hunter Edition* today.
The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition gives players the tools to become the ultimate hunter in multiplayer with early access to the new signature bow and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module which adds additional power and functionality to the super-suit. Gamers who pre-order now will also have a head start when playing online with a bonus XP boost up to level 5, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags to hunt in style**. The Crysis 3 Hunter Edition is available on Origin.com and other participating retailers for $59.99.

Some pre-orders will get the Hunter Edition + more early MP unlocked content:
In addition to receiving the Crysis 3 Hunter Edition, select retailers are offering gamers that pre-order Crysis 3 the following early multiplayer unlocks:

Stalker Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: for players who like to stalk their prey from the shadows the Stalker Pack provides early multiplayer access to the deadly semi-auto Jackal shotgun. This powerful, close-range shotgun comes with a unique silencer attachment, custom weapon skin and two exclusive themed in-game dog tags.

Overkill Pack – Includes the base game, all Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Overkill Pack features early multiplayer access to the Typhoon assault weapon and skin. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included are two exclusive Overkill themed in-game dog tags.

Predator Pack – Includes the base game, all the Hunter Edition content and the following early multiplayer unlocks: the Predator Pack delivers early multiplayer access to the Feline submachine gun and exclusive camo. With an extremely fast rate of fire and a 60 round magazine the Feline is highly effective and deadly, at short range.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Setherial']anyone know if the pre-order charges during check out or will it charge once the game is shipped next year?[/QUOTE]

I bought ME3 from them, they authorized the amount which stayed on my card for a few days, then charged when it shipped.

I...don't believe it. I never thought I'd see the day when EA sells a PC game for 50 dollars.

I'm ordering it, only so I can see the order get cancelled when they realize their mistake.

I have Crysis: Maximum Edition from the Amazon deals back in January and used a $5 coupon from December game purchases. Made it $2.49. I got Crysis 2 on 360 from Gamefly and really am tempted to pre-order Crysis 3. I got a few of those $20 EA Origin gift cards from GS for $15 so that would make it even more reasonable.

I bought Crysis 2 day 1 due to Kmart's $20 for $50 PSN card promotion. I'm definitely not buying Crysis 3 day 1, not sure if I should even buy it new. Crytek did a very poor job of supporting Crysis 2 post release. They provided patches only 3 months after launch, released direct x 11 support on PC, and basically said we are done with this game. While other developers support there games for at least 6 months to a year.

Crysis 1 was such an amazing game. I wont even touch Crysis 2. EA would really have to bring Crysis 3 back to the open world type of game Crysis 1 was to keep me interested.

Still though an EA game for $50, in this day and age yet. :shock:

[quote name='sdcranford']I have Crysis: Maximum Edition from the Amazon deals back in January and used a $5 coupon from December game purchases. Made it $2.49. I got Crysis 2 on 360 from Gamefly and really am tempted to pre-order Crysis 3. I got a few of those $20 EA Origin gift cards from GS for $15 so that would make it even more reasonable.[/QUOTE]

I posted this in the Amazon DD deal thread. $8 for three games is good enough for me. Now I can stop searching for the game, lol. I actually fired up the demo earlier, and wanted to play the full game.

"I'm excited that I grabbed Crysis Maximum Edition for $8! I signed into my mom's account, and Amazon offered her to try out Amazon Prime free for 30 days. That saved on shipping. I also used that $5 for $10 voucher I had so it was only $3.05 out of pocket. Should be here Wednesday!":bouncy:

[quote name='angel001']I think this was posted yesterday?[/QUOTE]

wheres it posted? was it listed at $49.99 yesterday? did it take you longer to post this than to move on if you didn't have any more to add??

[quote name='FatherChesz']He's dead, Jim.

That was a quick "sale."[/QUOTE]

And yet someone wanted it locked due to how far off the game is. Hopefully they do it again, but if they don't and this ends up being the only pre-release sale over the next year, then lol.

I would have definitely jumped on it, but I really don't see why anyone would want a 50$ pending charge on their account for almost a year. That's ridiculous.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I posted this in the Amazon DD deal thread. $8 for three games is good enough for me. Now I can stop searching for the game, lol. I actually fired up the demo earlier, and wanted to play the full game.

"I'm excited that I grabbed Crysis Maximum Edition for $8! I signed into my mom's account, and Amazon offered her to try out Amazon Prime free for 30 days. That saved on shipping. I also used that $5 for $10 voucher I had so it was only $3.05 out of pocket. Should be here Wednesday!":bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Just make sure your Amazon Prime membership doesn't renew itself once the 30 days are up or you'll get hit with a $79 charge on your card.

bread's done
Back