Mass Effect 3 (360/PS3/PC) $39.99 - Amazon

PC physical version appears to be 39.99 too. I'm personally just hoping for a 29.99 price somewhere.

[quote name='VISCO']About time been waiting for this 40$ seems right considering I'll have to buy a dlc to get the real ending[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that the epilogue stuff they were offering in the future would be free.

[quote name='h4mx0r']PC physical version appears to be 39.99 too. I'm personally just hoping for a 29.99 price somewhere.

I was under the impression that the epilogue stuff they were offering in the future would be free.[/QUOTE]

They haven't officially announced that the "clarification DLC" (their words) will be free, but a few Reps said that they believe it will be free.

Just checked quick and joystiq reported it would be free so I assume they are right

http://i.joystiq.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-dlc-free-this-summer-offers-furth/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool,plus I get the free shipping from Amazon too:applause:
CqAGq

The extended cut will be free. On the Bioware Blog they answered a few questions about the DLC and stated It was free.

[quote name='h4mx0r']PC physical version appears to be 39.99 too. I'm personally just hoping for a 29.99 price somewhere.[/quote]
$30 for ME3 PC [digital or retail box] would be freakin' sweet. :D

Warning: rated "for adults only" according §14 youth protection law! Shipping to minors is not possible. Please click here for further information.

Bringing this on my iPhone, Amazon thinks that it's rated AO rather than M for Mature. There aren't very many AO games, but maybe Amazon wanted it as AO because of the infamous ending.

I want to pick it up but I'm going to wait until it is $30 or less.

Best game for me so far this year and might give it the edge over ME2 if this '"extended cut" can give full clarification of the ending/what happens after it. Outside of the ending, bad quest organization, and EA's servers (had my killcount reset!) I don't have any real complaints with the game.

Great game, horrible ending...it's one of those endings where the sh@# totally hits the fan. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. As for the Extended Cut DLC, it's not changing it, it's CLARIFYING it...and all it is is cutscenes, no gameplay whatsoever. What I believe is that they're releasing an expansion later on...if I were you, I would wait on this game because it's going to drop so quickly given how much they overproduced and how bad the word of mouth has been.

Anyone know how long before this game sells for $20 bucks like ME2 is selling for now? And is there any news on if the Collector's Edition is going to be back in stock?

40 is the max drop for now. its not a turd of a game to drop to 20 after 2 munths. it will probably be 20 by november 2012. its price will wait longer and drop from 40 to 20 and skip 30 around black friday.

[quote name='Flying Frog']40 is the max drop for now. its not a turd of a game to drop to 20 after 2 munths. it will probably be 20 by november 2012. its price will wait longer and drop from 40 to 20 and skip 30 around black friday.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's like that with most of the popular games though, I honestly think this is worth the $40, I had it for around $55 at Christmas time. I still haven't completed it but enjoyed of what I played of it.

Still need to beat ME2. Too many other games keep distracting me on Steam. (*pokes Legend of Grimrock and recently Sword & Sworcery)

I'm waiting for $29.99 sweet spot. I'm not a super-fan by any means. I kind of think ME is overrated, but I enjoy it most of the time when I get around to playing it.

Am I missing out on any DLC if I get this used over new? It doesn't have one of those 'online passes' does it?

[quote name='H3YN0W']Am I missing out on any DLC if I get this used over new? It doesn't have one of those 'online passes' does it?[/QUOTE]

I believe there is a code for the multiplayer portion of the game in the case. I don't know if you can buy the "online pass" if you buy the game used.

[quote name='Maynard']Everyone do yourselves a favor and buy Witcher 2 instead, you'll thank me later.[/QUOTE]

I would say 90% of this game is 9/10 and worthy of GOTY talk. Unfortunately that 10% leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Great game and I would say $40 is a high end buying price (but still a good buy) with $30 being that great buy price. It will probably hit $20 on BF if you can wait that long.

[quote name='mmgreenmms']I believe there is a code for the multiplayer portion of the game in the case. I don't know if you can buy the "online pass" if you buy the game used.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can buy an online pass

[quote name='mmgreenmms']I believe there is a code for the multiplayer portion of the game in the case. I don't know if you can buy the "online pass" if you buy the game used.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Warehouse Deals has it for $30 right now. Master debating if I need that pass or not.

(I see what you did there)

For me, Mass Effect 3 is probably one the best games I've ever experienced (yes experienced). I did not mind the ending, in fact I quite enjoyed it. Without giving anything away, I felt it allowed us to wonder. Disagree all you want with it but that's how I saw it. All things aside, I feel like most people will agree that the game is phenomenal until the end

Top 3 game all time for me, this game is a steal for $40 in my opinion

[quote name='parcel621']For me, Mass Effect 3 is probably one the best games I've ever experienced (yes experienced). I did not mind the ending, in fact I quite enjoyed it. Without giving anything away, I felt it allowed us to wonder. Disagree all you want with it but that's how I saw it. All things aside, I feel like most people will agree that the game is phenomenal until the end

Top 3 game all time for me, this game is a steal for $40 in my opinion[/QUOTE]

I bet you liked the Sopranos ending where it just...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I bet you liked the Sopranos ending where it just...[/QUOTE]

If Mass Effect 3 had that ending, it would actualy be an improvemment over what's there now.

didn't this game have a $20 gift card offer on release day? essentially having the same net price on day 1...

edit: may have been best buy only but still.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']didn't this game have a $20 gift card offer on release day? essentially having the same net price on day 1...

edit: may have been best buy only but still.[/QUOTE]

actually, you could price adjust the best buy purchase (when compared to frys sale price this week) so, $60-$20 price adjustment refund -$20 preorder gc= $20 net.

I thought the game was worth it even though I never want to play it again. The journey was simply mindblowing. If GTA 5 doesn't come out this year, then this will probably be GOTY

Thanks for the heads up, but will try a lower price. It dropped to $40 relatively fast, might get a better offer later on.

Amazon has my order in a death grip for more than two days now, even though this along with Rayman Origins (which I also ordered) are both in stock. I suppose it's because of Super Saver Shipping, so I guess I can't complain too much. Still, they usually ship pretty fast even with FSSS and it's the delivery time that varies widely. Guess they're trying to coax me into Prime. ;)

bread's done
Back