• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 mmgreenmms

mmgreenmms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

http://www.amazon.co...34603262&sr=8-1

Looks like Amazon decided to match Best Buy's advertised price on Mass Effect 3.

Edited by mmgreenmms, 16 April 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#2 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

About time been waiting for this 40$ seems right considering I'll have to buy a dlc to get the real ending

#3 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

PC physical version appears to be 39.99 too. I'm personally just hoping for a 29.99 price somewhere.

About time been waiting for this 40$ seems right considering I'll have to buy a dlc to get the real ending

I was under the impression that the epilogue stuff they were offering in the future would be free.
Posted Image

#4 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

PC physical version appears to be 39.99 too. I'm personally just hoping for a 29.99 price somewhere.

I was under the impression that the epilogue stuff they were offering in the future would be free.

They haven't officially announced that the "clarification DLC" (their words) will be free, but a few Reps said that they believe it will be free.

Just checked quick and joystiq reported it would be free so I assume they are right

http://i.joystiq.com...r-offers-furth/

Edited by Jimmienoman, 16 April 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#5 Blackjack13

Blackjack13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

The extended cut will be free. On the Bioware Blog they answered a few questions about the DLC and stated It was free.

#6 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

i got an email from ea origin saying it was free.

They haven't officially announced that the "clarification DLC" (their words) will be free, but a few Reps said that they believe it will be free.

Just checked quick and joystiq reported it would be free so I assume they are right

http://i.joystiq.com...r-offers-furth/

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#7 angel001

angel001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

bam, killer deal
You've Just Entered the NO-FLY ZONE!
http://www.fggsgsf.com/f/images/air

#8 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

$30 for ME3 PC [digital or retail box] would be freakin' sweet. :D

#9 homerojay

homerojay

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Warning: rated "for adults only" according ยง14 youth protection law! Shipping to minors is not possible. Please click here for further information.

Bringing this on my iPhone, Amazon thinks that it's rated AO rather than M for Mature. There aren't very many AO games, but maybe Amazon wanted it as AO because of the infamous ending.

I want to pick it up but I'm going to wait until it is $30 or less.

#10 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

Best game for me so far this year and might give it the edge over ME2 if this '"extended cut" can give full clarification of the ending/what happens after it. Outside of the ending, bad quest organization, and EA's servers (had my killcount reset!) I don't have any real complaints with the game.

#11 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

me2 dragged on and on, every battle felt about the same.

i can wait for this to be $20 or under.
Posted Image

#12 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

Great game, horrible ending...it's one of those endings where the sh@# totally hits the fan. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. As for the Extended Cut DLC, it's not changing it, it's CLARIFYING it...and all it is is cutscenes, no gameplay whatsoever. What I believe is that they're releasing an expansion later on...if I were you, I would wait on this game because it's going to drop so quickly given how much they overproduced and how bad the word of mouth has been.

#13 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Anyone know how long before this game sells for $20 bucks like ME2 is selling for now? And is there any news on if the Collector's Edition is going to be back in stock?

#14 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

40 is the max drop for now. its not a turd of a game to drop to 20 after 2 munths. it will probably be 20 by november 2012. its price will wait longer and drop from 40 to 20 and skip 30 around black friday.

I guess it's like that with most of the popular games though, I honestly think this is worth the $40, I had it for around $55 at Christmas time. I still haven't completed it but enjoyed of what I played of it.
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Gojirra

Gojirra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

bam, killer dealPosted Image

Yeah thanks op, good deal.

#16 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Just got it used from amazon for 28$ 3 left very good condition.

#17 mortalgroove

mortalgroove

Embrace The Boognish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thanks OP, good deal.

#18 Wildcat1080

Wildcat1080

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Still need to beat ME2. Too many other games keep distracting me on Steam. (*pokes Legend of Grimrock and recently Sword & Sworcery)

I'm waiting for $29.99 sweet spot. I'm not a super-fan by any means. I kind of think ME is overrated, but I enjoy it most of the time when I get around to playing it.

#19 H3YN0W

H3YN0W

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Am I missing out on any DLC if I get this used over new? It doesn't have one of those 'online passes' does it?

#20 Maynard

Maynard

Steam 48 hours a week.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Everyone do yourselves a favor and buy Witcher 2 instead, you'll thank me later.

Posted Image

#21 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

sounds like i should wait. cant play anyway since i just had wrist surgery yesterday. thanks though

#22 mmgreenmms

mmgreenmms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

Am I missing out on any DLC if I get this used over new? It doesn't have one of those 'online passes' does it?

I believe there is a code for the multiplayer portion of the game in the case. I don't know if you can buy the "online pass" if you buy the game used.

#23 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Everyone do yourselves a favor and buy Witcher 2 instead, you'll thank me later.

I would say 90% of this game is 9/10 and worthy of GOTY talk. Unfortunately that 10% leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Great game and I would say $40 is a high end buying price (but still a good buy) with $30 being that great buy price. It will probably hit $20 on BF if you can wait that long.

#24 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I believe there is a code for the multiplayer portion of the game in the case. I don't know if you can buy the "online pass" if you buy the game used.

Yes you can buy an online pass

#25 H3YN0W

H3YN0W

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the info. Warehouse Deals has it for $30 right now. Master debating if I need that pass or not.

(I see what you did there)

#26 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Do you need an onlline pass for From Ashes?

#27 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Do you need an onlline pass for From Ashes?

No

#28 parcel621

parcel621

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

For me, Mass Effect 3 is probably one the best games I've ever experienced (yes experienced). I did not mind the ending, in fact I quite enjoyed it. Without giving anything away, I felt it allowed us to wonder. Disagree all you want with it but that's how I saw it. All things aside, I feel like most people will agree that the game is phenomenal until the end

Top 3 game all time for me, this game is a steal for $40 in my opinion

#29 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

For me, Mass Effect 3 is probably one the best games I've ever experienced (yes experienced). I did not mind the ending, in fact I quite enjoyed it. Without giving anything away, I felt it allowed us to wonder. Disagree all you want with it but that's how I saw it. All things aside, I feel like most people will agree that the game is phenomenal until the end

Top 3 game all time for me, this game is a steal for $40 in my opinion

I bet you liked the Sopranos ending where it just...

#30 Vezee

Vezee

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

Amazon Warehouse Deals PS3 ME3 $29.99 for Like new

Link
Posted Image