Photo
- - - - -

Dusty's Muffler vs Brock Lesnar's Wang Sword Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
485 replies to this topic

#421 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

Following the Extreme Rules PPV on Sunday, there was a huge backstage blow-up involving Brock Lesnar.
According to several sources, Lesnar lost it on a number of WWE officials and began ripping apart a dressing room, upset over the John Cena promo that closed the PPV.

The original plan was for Cena, despite winning, to be so beaten that he was carried out of the building, leaving an opening for Lesnar to brag that while he had lost the battle on a fluke, he had won the war.

When Cena decided to address the audience, Lesnar perceived it as Cena double crossing him and lost in on WWE officials. It's not yet known how they calmed him down, but tonight's angle with HHH was planned in advance as a way to remove Lesnar from TV.

Sources within the company have indicated that Lesnar's current deal only requires him to work two dates minimum.

Yowza, if true.

Posted Image

#422 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Had a feeling that was the angle they were going with just like others had mentioned. Wow Cena what a bitch though, not only did that promo look like he just no sold everything but made Brock look stupid in the process.

#423 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

not only did that promo look like he just no sold everything but made Brock look stupid in the process.

yep. WWE really didn't help matters at all by re-airing it, including the final line "thanks for coming out and everybody get home safe!"

Not exactly the sort of thing that's high on the priority list of someone who should go see a doctor, which, if the match played out the way we think it should have, would be where Cena's priorities should be.

Saying that just hits the emergency brakes on the drama. A dying character's final line (in, say, Game of Thrones) shouldn't be "...oh, I left a turkey in the oven, will you check on it for me?"

And that's similarish to what Cena did there. Perhaps unintentionally, but someone of his skill should know better.
Posted Image

#424 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

yep. WWE really didn't help matters at all by re-airing it, including the final line "thanks for coming out and everybody get home safe!"

Not exactly the sort of thing that's high on the priority list of someone who should go see a doctor, which, if the match played out the way we think it should have, would be where Cena's priorities should be.

Saying that just hits the emergency brakes on the drama. A dying character's final line (in, say, Game of Thrones) shouldn't be "...oh, I left a turkey in the oven, will you check on it for me?"

And that's similarish to what Cena did there. Perhaps unintentionally, but someone of his skill should know better.

You know, that line almost sounds like Cena was intentionally reminding the crowd that it's fake. As if to publicly remind Lesnar that it's not UFC and that he needs to pull his punches.

If I were Lesnar, I'd be upset too - mainly because he's being made to look like the unprofessional dick that he is.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#425 silentevil

silentevil

Most evil man ever!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Rosebud

#426 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

More details on Lesnar's tantrum

Spoiler

If I signed a huge deal after being promised to be booked to look like a beast and ended up looking like a bitch, I'd be livid, too. While I think he went about it the wrong way, I'm definitely siding with Lesnar on this one.

#427 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Cena even said right after the match that he wasn't supposed to be talking to the crowd.

I'm with Lesnar on this also.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#428 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Did Cena blade or was that a legit head wound? Hard to tell watching the match on the phone
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#429 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

If it's a work, I love it.

About fucking time they work the dirt sheets like this - it's not like they don't have the capacity to do that. I've been saying this for years now.
Posted Image

#430 Psykoboy2

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Posted Image

#431 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

If it is in fact a work then they're doing a great job with it thus far, but at the same time this is the same company that shit the bed with both Nexus and The Summer of Punk angles. WWE has broken my heart too many times already and I'm not about to trust them to not Fuck things up for a third time.

If it's legit, then Brock has every right to be pissed. I would be too if I destroyed a guy for 15 minutes, still did the job, and then the guy cuts a "And knowing is half the battle" speech damn near no-selling the beatdown I gave him. No paycheck is worth that kind of humiliation.

#432 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image

Wow. That is fucking terrible.

Posted Image

#433 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I love how Brock knows halfway in midair that Cena isn't ready with the chain, so he tries to correct himself the rest of the way and it goes horribly wrong.

Posted Image

#434 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

This is the type of matchup I want to see from a wrestling company in 2012. It appears TNA might be turning things around and finally "getting it".

Spoiler

#435 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

I love how the thought process seemed to go like

1."shit he's not ready"
2."Fuck it, I'm going to try to punch him anyway"
3."Oh shit, I jumped over the ropes"

Did Cena just forget to bring the chain with him the first time?

#436 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Jesus, for a big guy Lesnar fucking flew through the air like a cruiserweight. Granted he had the steps to help him, but he nearly cleared the top rope from mid ring.

Still more graceful than Sabu.

#437 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

and to think, his leg muscles are only about 60% what they were pre-poopy problems.

Never liked him as a person, but I've got to admit that the guy is quite the physical specimen.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#438 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

If you think Lesnar looks like a gorilla, what do you think of Mark Henry?

Proto Klingon?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#439 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

This is the type of matchup I want to see from a wrestling company in 2012. It appears TNA might be turning things around and finally "getting it".

Spoiler

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Posted Image

#440 WrasslorMonkey

WrasslorMonkey

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

^ Is that the monkey that does the gifs? If so, your work is awesome, breh.

That's me, and thanks :D

Oh, I mean...

Posted Image

/heel

#441 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

^ this guy is MVP of the thread. Maybe even the whole damn forum.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#442 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone appreciates Monkey's work. At least the other wrestling threads I frequent.

Posted Image

#443 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Anybody have the Bella Twins on their Spring Cleaning lists?

#444 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

Anybody have the Bella Twins on their Spring Cleaning lists?

Is it really "spring cleaning" when the talent decides not to renew their contract, as opposed to being "Future Endeavored"?

#445 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Plus they were already advertising themselves as "Nicole and Brianna, formerly the WWE's Bella Twins" for an autograph signing announced 3 or 4 weeks ago.

#446 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:33 AM

I think it was more of WWE testing to see how Lesnar holds up to adversity, and if the reports are true he's pretty much not long term.

Remember, this is a business where you get respect from the vets (and pushed) based on how you handle being shit on and what you've been through. HHH got no respect until he took his constant jobbing to Godwin and other bums like a man.

That's why people like Goldberg, Brock, Warrior, others really have no place in this business except for short term business. They are not company men.

#447 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

I think it was more of WWE testing to see how Lesnar holds up to adversity, and if the reports are true he's pretty much not long term.

Remember, this is a business where you get respect from the vets (and pushed) based on how you handle being shit on and what you've been through. HHH got no respect until he took his constant jobbing to Godwin and other bums like a man.

That's why people like Goldberg, Brock, Warrior, others really have no place in this business except for short term business. They are not company men.

Like someone else in the thread said, Brock wasn't phoning it in. It looked like he was giving it his all in that match. Was him doing that and losing to Cena in his huge comeback match not enough?

With that and the Cena botch, I don't blame Lesnar for being mad.

#448 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

Judging by the descriptions people have posted, it sounds like Cena used his stroke to ease his bruised ego with that post-match promo. It sounds like he just threw out whatever momentum Lesnar had managed to build during that match.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Strike Back: Vengeance
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#449 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Myke might've been on to something

As we've been reporting here on the site, Brock Lesnar did throw a tantrum backstage after Extreme Rules, f4wonline.com is reporting that it was partially a 'work' on the locker room as a way to convince people that Cena going over was the right decision. Lesnar was upset about the finish, but "some, if not most" of the situation was not entirely legitimate.

WWE tried to have word leak out on Monday that Lesnar had quit the company, likely to get the "dirt sheets" reporting it so people would be surprised when Lesnar showed up on RAW. However, by the time that this was going on, it was already out there that Lesnar was at the arena and going to be at RAW.

#450 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

I've been out of town for a week and haven't gotten around to downloading the PPV yet, but I saw a screen of Punk wearing a Misfits shirt or something? Was that just for his "street fight outfit" or did WWE swipe that for one of their new shirts? (I know it isn't really a "Misfits logo" but that's what everyone knows it as).

I didn't see it on the WWE web shop and I'd be pretty shocked if WWE bothered to get the rights to use the Crimson Ghost on a shirt, so I'm assuming it's just something Punk wore for that one match.
Posted Image